What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles take swipe at Dragons' fans

ebbedfred

Bench
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-at-dragons-fans/story-e6frexnr-1225910079847

THE Roosters have lost their last three matches but it could be worse. Just ask prop Jason Ryles - imagine if they were the Dragons?
"They'd have my head on a stick throwing darts at me and rocks at me," laughed Ryles, who played nine seasons in the Red V.

"They did that after two losses. That's the pressure at that club, and I don't even want to talk about it, to be honest."

Asked if he had reminded his current teammates of the pressure compared to his former club, Ryles replied: "I don't go there. Leading in to the Dragons game [in round 22], there was a lot of media and all that hype. It was good exposure for the club, but it was also a good lesson for the younger guys. To know what to expect leading into the finals. But we've got to win another game so we get there."

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/#sidebar-start

The Roosters are desperate to rekindle their season against Manly at the SFS on Sunday. A loss would extend the losing streak to four - and make their last-round away match against the Cowboys a mandatory win if they are to finish inside the top eight.

"I think it is easily fixable but it's not acceptable at the same time," Ryles said. "While we're only losing by close margins, we're making it hard for ourselves as far as dropping the ball early in the tackle count.

"Certainly our defence has improved a lot since the start of the season, so there's a lot of positives to come out, but it's certainly not acceptable."

Five-eighth Todd Carney refused to label the current run of losses as a slump.

"You look at the games - we've been in them," he said. "It's not a form slump, it was more about not getting it right."

Ryles said he was relishing a chance to lock horns with the Manly forwards.

"It's going to be a huge test, because they really base their game on the physical side of it," Ryles said. "Guys like Watmough and Kite and King. They are very physical players but we're physical as well."

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
memo to jason: if you want to stay focussed on the game, don't read the forums...

simple.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOL. An article about the Roosters choking and they manage to blame the Dragons.

Crap Paper x 100

Below is a different paper, same subject matter, but without any agenda:

Senior Sydney Roosters players are adamant they can rescue their faltering NRL season by defeating fellow finals aspirants Manly on Sunday and avoiding the dreaded "chokers" tag.

The Roosters surged toward premiership favouritism on the back of a five-match winning streak, but losses to St George Illawarra, Cronulla and the Gold Coast in the past three weeks have them placed precariously near the bottom of the top eight.

Full story:
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/roosters-not-choking-carney-ryles-20100825-13rgx.html

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I LOVE this line:

"While we're only losing by close margins, we're making it hard for ourselves as far as dropping the ball early in the tackle count."

Oh the f**kING irony! :lol:

Godz Illa

Coach
Apart from that one off the kick-off against us Ryles hasn't been the one making the errors.

What a crap paper, honestly. A throwaway joke line is the headline ffs

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I'm sorry to say it, he does have a point, SOME Saint fans in the 2002-2008 period were a little harsh on him, but most of the time he brought it on himself with sheer stupidity on the field.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm sorry to say it, he does have a point, SOME Saint fans in the <xx> period were a little harsh on him, but most of the time he brought it on himself with sheer stupidity .

life imitating art?

_Johnsy

Referee
I could not help myself, posted as Stevo of Bondi Junction

Stevo of Bondi Junction Posted at 7:00 AM Today
Jeeez how precious can he get. I am sure he did not mind playing with one of the most famous football clubs in the world, or taking the pay check & adulation from the fans when things went well. It's a two way street Jason, I am sure you had plenty of opportunity to leave the Dragons before you did. Exactly why didn't you leave earlier if the pressure was so great. Once a prima dona always a prima dona, he suits the roosters well.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm sorry to say it, he does have a point, SOME Saint fans in the 2002-2008 period were a little harsh on him, but most of the time he brought it on himself with sheer stupidity on the field.
Which one of these do you normally use jpac?

images

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Apart from that one off the kick-off against us Ryles hasn't been the one making the errors.

What a crap paper, honestly. A throwaway joke line is the headline ffs

Oh, not stating that he is doing anything wrong this year. Just remarking on how often he dropped it at Saints, and he's now claiming 'We're making it hard for ourselves by dropping the ball'. What bout all the times HE made it hard for his team mates at Saints by f**king up on the 1st or 2nd or close to the line?!

That, to me, was the irony.

You're a wanker.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Why are you going. So you can abuse our players like you have done in the past.:shock:

Hey Pietros! You're back!

And no, I've never had a personal attack at any of the players, rather at the "vibe" that existed there until this season. The "vibe" that Nathan Brown created and facilitated here from 2003-2008.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hey Pietros! You're back!

And no, I've never had a personal attack at any of the players, rather at the "vibe" that existed there until this season. The "vibe" that Nathan Brown created and facilitated here from 2003-2008.

in case you missed it...

istockphoto_9345834-happy-new-year-2010-still-life.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
jpac... Heck knows how many trolls you allow to use your account. At least I hope that's what it is... or should we call you Sybil?

big pat

Coach
fair dinkum ryles must have got someone to write this crap for him, only 2 words i've heard him splutter was f**k off.

Latest posts