What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles takes the cut

Dragons Cross

Juniors
In the paper today it says big Jason is considering taking a pay cut to stay in the red V, hats off to him :clap:

First Thommo and now the big fella, is there any other club whose players have so much passion for the team...i haven't heard of one.

GO YOU DRAGONS!

Anonymous

Juniors
Good on him.
When players were voting against going on a Kangaroo tour because of the war, Ryles said he'd play for Australia anywhere, even in Afghanistan.

Welcome to the forum Dragons Cross. :D

Saint 60

Juniors
lol Howdy Dragons Cross

nice to c Ryles do that...and Barrett is next lol

and to steal a pun from another Dragon Supporter

*GO U BIG RED FIRE ENGINE*

Glue is great
but it tastes shit during a hangover

Jamesy

Juniors
Hey guys. I'm new here but a part of the dragonarmy and the dragonarmy forums. Already i've noticed a few familiar people.
Yeah it is really good to see these players taking pay cuts to get better players to the club and also to secure some of the young talents coming through the ranks. I think that God (Barrett) should also take one as he hasen't played much footy lately.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Stop saying crap when you don't have all the facts.....Barrett took a pay-cut of $60,000 per year for 4 years, when he signed that long-term contract.

Saint 60

Juniors
did he? o i didnt know that either....hmmm well if he did i apoligize np ---

i been bagging Barrett cause hes never there and is on a motza (i believed)

btw u got a link for that...?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Welcome, Weman & Dragons Cross,

I was heartened to hear the news that Ryles took a pay but, the club really does need to get sort of proper wage structure in place. The Super League war & the JV only a few years later have really skewed things...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Red V said:
Stop saying crap when you don't have all the facts.....Barrett took a pay-cut of $60,000 per year for 4 years, when he signed that long-term contract.

That wasn't a pay cut, it was a new contract. His existing deal was up at the end of this year so the club said sign here for X a year or bugger off – he chose to stay.

What Thommo and Ryles have done is go to the club and offer to take a cut in their existing contracts despite their being no compulsion on the clubs part for them to do so.