What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

3 rounds in and I Can't believe I'm hearing this rubbish about sacking Flannigan. Yee of little faith should find another club to support. The guy inherited a second rate team (like he did at Cronulla- premiership 3 years later!) and as the saying goes: Rome wasn't built in a day. His post game press conferences have given an honest appraisal of each match and the task of rebuilding the club. In short- get of the guy's back.
Teza
Correction, 3rd rate

True_Believer

Juniors
With the club continually under performing, stuck in the bottom 4 or 5. it will be almost impossible to attract top talent. Basically it is a case of being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Exactly. It's a catch 22 isn't it? We can't perform better unless we get better players. But we aren't performing because we don't have those players. So essentially we are running in quick sand. I can't see us being able to recruit enough of the right players to make any sort of impact on the competition for years to come.

The only way we are going to get out of this and maintain some consistency is to build and nurture our juniors. And based on what Matt Elliot said recently in an interview and the performance of some of our junior teams, we are making some ground there. It might be a few years away still, but that's where we'll see us make some ground.

Lennyb

Juniors
When Flanno gets rid of the players he doesnt want for more than they are worth.
Will be a glory glory day. Each one of them.

All this talk about bringing players in is a joke when you consider how many of our own juniors (or younger players we recruit) we let go or stymie by not showing any faith in them and giving them 5 minutes off the bench.
Mary did it with Robson, Host, Field, Sailor. Hook did it with Bud, Clune, Ford, Jayden Hunt
And even Flanno does it, with Fifita getting barely enough time to raise a sweat last week. With Lawrie in the starting side!- a man who looks gassed after stooping to tie up a shoelace.
Apart from two games - which may well have been lucky punches - we've looked like a rabble and have gone backwards from the Ryan Carr era. It's not Flanno's fault but training started in November and any positive changes he wants to implement have not borne fruit and, by rights, they should be if he's a coach worth his salt. The Couchmen are on the back-burner in favour of Eisenhuth and Michael Molo, Sele has been parachuted straight into firsts and we've moved a centre to the wing to accommodate Flanno's butter-fingered, jelly-bellied chum. Sounds like a Hook & Norman style love match all over again.
As a supporter I should be entitled to question what the coach is doing. If I was a Dogs supporter I would be filthy with Ciraldo's results, given the cattle he has. And I'll ease up on Flanno when I see us dig in for the whole 80 minutes - week in, week out, win, lose or draw.

Last edited:

56to66

Juniors
Flannos stats 2010–13Cronulla Sharks80 games 35 wins 1 draw 44 losses 44% winning percentage.

2015–18Cronulla Sharks105 games 67 win 1 draw 37 losses 64% Winning percentage.

The facts are since the end of 2018, courtesy of the JDB situation, the culture at St George stinks, they have a soft underbelly and subconsciously have accepted losing as the norm.
St George are no different to Cronulla when he first took over, for the exception of having a half decent halfback,
It seems when the Dragons have a decent win, particularly at the start of the season, most think including, myself "Where Back", the reality is this going to take at 2 years before we see consistent winning results.
Flanno is no Miracle worker!

56to66

Juniors
You should give him your “saints should stand alone” rant.

That’s a real crowd pleaser.
The merge was a waste of time, Manly were extremely smart, they saw writing on the wall and got out, whilst on the other hand the delusionals had a vision of being a super successful supermerge.
How about you sack Flanno and bring back supercoach Andrew Farrar!

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Except for 1999 and 2009-2011 the merged clubs have not done all that well. I think that maybe when Super League started here, the Dragons should have been one of the clubs to have gone over to that League - to me being a brand being recognised as a power house club.

I think we would have been looked after quite well by those in charge.

SBD82

Coach
The merge was a waste of time, Manly were extremely smart, they saw writing on the wall and got out, whilst on the other hand the delusionals had a vision of being a super successful supermerge.
How about you sack Flanno and bring back supercoach Andrew Farrar!
Nice to see a big vocal crowd in the gong. Seemed to really lift the players.

Stark contrast to last week.

56to66

Juniors
Nurse Ratched, there getting very restless tonight, we need to administer the pills very quickly!

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't think that this Thread should have been posted seeing that Flanno has only had 4 games as head coach of the Dragons and he is currently 50% successful - not bad for starters and if he can get to say 55% we could be in the top 8 by the end of the comp (we win 13 games = 26 points plus 3 byes = 32 points in total).

I am so glad that we have Flanno and that it was good that we didn't chase Hasler who so far has not won a game for the Titans- Des in fact hasn’t won a game for a while, it’s 10 straight losses going back Round 18, 2022, when he was at Manly.

Last edited:

sammymills

Juniors
I don't think that this Thread should have been posted seeing that Flanno has only had 4 games as head coach of the Dragons and he is currently 50% successful - not bad for starters and if he can get to say 55% we could be in the top 8 by the end of the comp (we win 13 games = 26 points plus 3 byes = 32 points in total.

I am so glad that we have Flanno and that it was good that we didn't chase Hasler who so far has not won a game for the Titans- Des in fact hasn’t won a game for a while, it’s 10 straight losses going back Round 18, 2022, when he was at Manly.
This thread was started the day Flanagan was signed

gregstar

Referee
Pfff, oh yes Mr IQ of 50, you are such a genius, with this pathetic thread, just keep churning over the coaches until 2050, go follow the Bulldogs
Your Avatar says it all
Aww look ma!

I caught me a biggun'!

Btw Baldrick.
Don't go throwing 50 IQ insults at people when you cannot differentiate between where, we're, were and wear.

Even apes know that it should have been "wear back".

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
Lack Slowmax's Tourette's conversion attempt perfectly illustrates Flanno's coaching.

We should have won by 10pts.

Outrageous.

Last edited: