What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Old Timer

Coach
Listen you inbred hillbilly , the Hook/Elliot show is still a vast improvement on that of our former orange peeler , so at least it’s a step in the right direction.
Nothing like a wood whitling, banjo plucking, corn cob smoking, overall wearing, shoeless, toothless hick from Penrith telling us what to do when they f**ked their entire season by sacking a coach that got them within spit distance of a premiership and then went into free fall straight after it.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Nothing like a wood whitling, banjo plucking, corn cob smoking, overall wearing, shoeless, toothless hick from Penrith telling us what to do when they f**ked their entire season by sacking a coach that got them within spit distance of a premiership and then went into free fall straight after it.
Free fall hahahaha

betcats

Referee

You arent trying to say that Hook got Penrith into spitting distance of a GF are you? Because that would be horseshit. You can count on one hand the amount of times we beat a top 8 side during hooks 3 seasons here.

Gareth67

First Grade

I thought that the hick may had been from my neck of the woods O.T. - Hogsville - Kandos, but there’s no doubting that he is one of those damn witless Hatfields !

We're replaced a bald coach with a fat one. What a trade-in..

What fat coaches have actually been successful?

Artie in SOO springs to mind. But he was a former captain of Australia amongst other notable career achievements.

Mal Meninga in SOO springs so mind. But he was a former captain of Australia amongst other notable career achievements.

So - two fat coaches, Rugby League Immortals, who only coached 3 games per year.

Any others?

Anyone?

Anyone?

denis preston

First Grade
We're replaced a bald coach with a fat one. What a trade-in..

What fat coaches have actually been successful?

Artie in SOO springs to mind. But he was a former captain of Australia amongst other notable career achievements.

Mal Meninga in SOO springs so mind. But he was a former captain of Australia amongst other notable career achievements.

So - two fat coaches, Rugby League Immortals, who only coached 3 games per year.

Any others?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Harry Bath did alright. Jack Gibson wasn't exactly slim.

gitano

Juniors
First win under a new coach brings always brings about an outpouring of emotion.

There was plenty of praise on here for Deano in his first game as head coach.

So how long realistically does ol' slow talkin' Tony have before he's genuinely under the pump?

redv13

Bench
First win under a new coach brings always brings about an outpouring of emotion.

So how long realistically does ol' slow talkin' Tony have before he's genuinely under the pump?
Guess your not a fan of Tony???

The_Frog

First Grade
You arent trying to say that Hook got Penrith into spitting distance of a GF are you? Because that would be horseshit. You can count on one hand the amount of times we beat a top 8 side during hooks 3 seasons here.
2016- Brisbane (twice), Canberra, Titans (twice), Bulldogs.
2017- Manly (twice), Cowboys.
2018- Souths, Dragons, Warriors. Griffin was sacked with 4 matches to play before the finals.

That's 12 in a tad under 3 years. 2 of them in finals. Enough to make the finals each year. As any Sharks fan will tell you, you only have to beat the bottom 8 to make the top 8 and I reckon that will be his focus this year.

This Year?

Immortal

Give it until August, then we'll see how well he's regarded in here.

Gardenia

Juniors

He certainly has a tough audience myself included.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
I’m a massive fan of have a real coach.

I’m a fan of Mat Elliott too. I love his wholistic approach to the players, understanding of the game and wit.

Looking forward to good times for many years to come.

Did Hook have anything to do with the young crop at the Panthers and bringing them through to grade?:wink:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
My opinion is this:
Mary wasn’t a top coach. McGrexit had to happen eventually. I get that. It happened at the wrong time. It should have happened at the end of 2021.
2021 is already a failure.
I originally had faith in Griffin and supported him. Until he made some shocking recruitment decisions.
Grififn has no idea with recruitment. He lost the best player in McInnes. He is going to lose Dufty too. He signed an old dud in McCulloguh. He signed some other nobodies like Alvaro.
He’s recruitment is shit and he has placed faith in the dud Norman over young guns like Sullivan and Clune. Griffin will probably re-sing Norman and let go of Sullivan.
My point is. 2021 is shit. Griffin somehow made it shitter.
Should have kept Mary for 2021 and then got a real coach for 2022 like Flanagan or Wayne or even Bellamy. Grififn isn’t fit to make this club great again.
Well you sure got that wrong, wrong, wrong..........

6AGAIN

Juniors
I’m a massive fan of have a real coach.

I’m a fan of Mat Elliott too. I love his wholistic approach to the players, understanding of the game and wit.

Looking forward to good times for many years to come.

Did Hook have anything to do with the young crop at the Panthers and bringing them through to grade?:wink:

B&B,
We have the three wise men.
Bread & fish aplenty for 40 days and 40 nights.

dragon thomo

Juniors
McInnes has been at the Dragons for 3 years and we have not been a force in that time. I am not saying it's all his fault but he lacks flair in attack. He is tuff and can tackle but he is not the hooker for us if we are going to improve. He is actually a better lock than a hooker.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
McInnes has been at the Dragons for 3 years and we have not been a force in that time. I am not saying it's all his fault but he lacks flair in attack. He is tuff and can tackle but he is not the hooker for us if we are going to improve. He is actually a better lock than a hooker.
He is not the hooker we deserve...nor is he the hooker that we need.

6AGAIN

Juniors

Always thankful for efforts.
He topped the tackled count week after week and gave his all.
McCulloch seems to be more of an attacking type of hooker, prepared to make a break and try something different, for which we are lucky to have him.
Hope his body holds up to playing 80 minutes.

Latest posts