What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

justadragon

Bench
On what planet is signing the Walker brothers "common sense?"

They have't coached a Queensland Cup side since 2019, and even when they did coach Ipswich - after 1 title in 2015 they went steadily backwards in the years after. The only thing they bring to a club is a mystifyingly great media presence thanks to lazy reporters who keep telling us how good they are
When have you ever associated common sense with who the Dragons sign as head coaches, of course Bennett is the exclusion to this and we took the common sense approach by not giving him 5 years

justadragon

Bench
I watched the AFL game between the magpies and demons on monday and I couldn't believe the comments made by the Collingwood coach at half time, he told them " you guys are playing BORING footy, go out and take the game on" consequently the pies smashed the reigning premiers in the second half. Can you ever, ever, ever and ever imagine Hook telling the players they are playing boring footy, never mind that the fans are falling asleep and we get rolled anyway.

Dragon David

First Grade
I watched the AFL game between the magpies and demons on monday and I couldn't believe the comments made by the Collingwood coach at half time, he told them " you guys are playing BORING footy, go out and take the game on" consequently the pies smashed the reigning premiers in the second half. Can you ever, ever, ever and ever imagine Hook telling the players they are playing boring footy, never mind that the fans are falling asleep and we get rolled anyway.
Hook is p ss weak as far as I am concerned. I just don't know what he talks to the players about before, at half time and after the game - I guess not many people do except those in the dressing room. To me he is not a motivator, innovator or creator. He isn't a "you have got to do this or you are a gonner" guy.

He doesn't show any passion, emotion, excitement, fist pumping. He does show that he is worse than Mary with his "safe" and player favourites selections. The young ones will lose patience. I can see it. We lose against the Bunnies, which is definitely on the cards, will see us spiralling downwards into the depths of no return. We win and we will hope that we continue to do so obviously - it is always a matter of hope.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Hook is p ss weak as far as I am concerned. I just don't know what he talks to the players about before, at half time and after the game - I guess not many people do except those in the dressing room. To me he is not a motivator, innovator or creator. He isn't a "you have got to do this or you are a gonner" guy.

He doesn't show any passion, emotion, excitement, fist pumping. He does show that he is worse than Mary with his "safe" and player favourites selections. The young ones will lose patience. I can see it. We lose against the Bunnies, which is definitely on the cards, will see us spiralling downwards into the depths of no return. We win and we will hope that we continue to do so obviously - it is always a matter of hope.
He has shown ina season and a half that he is clueless and dull and afraid of his own shadow. He should not be in charge of St George.

justadragon

Bench
https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/indigenous-stars-want-a-word-with-griffin-20200912-p55v1t.html

Does anyone remember this?

Our two most talented indigenous juniors in a generation can’t get a run.

Now I’m not saying that the two things are related. But why isn’t anyone asking this question?
Yes I can see what you are saying, I'm really hesitant to make any comment, all I will say is with the amount of indigenous and multi-cultural players that we have at the dragons, I would sincerely hope that we are well and truly past any issues concerning racism.

Smacka

Juniors
https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/indigenous-stars-want-a-word-with-griffin-20200912-p55v1t.html

Does anyone remember this?

Our two most talented indigenous juniors in a generation can’t get a run.

Now I’m not saying that the two things are related. But why isn’t anyone asking this question?
Your inference is questionnable. Talk about dredging the bottom of the barrell ! Griffin shows no sign of racial discrimination - he has a wide spread of Players from different backgrounds in his Team.

True_Believer

Juniors
Yes I can see what you are saying, I'm really hesitant to make any comment, all I will say is with the amount of indigenous and multi-cultural players that we have at the dragons, I would sincerely hope that we are well and truly past any issues concerning racism.
Well I'd say the fact we've had Sloan and Sullivan play in the team last year and this year, that we have New Zealanders, Fijians, Tongan and Cook Islanders and another indigenous player make his debut on the weekend would definitely put this to bed. Raising this as anything that needs to have questions asked about it in the context of the story is stupid.

SBD82

Coach
Well I'd say the fact we've had Sloan and Sullivan play in the team last year and this year, that we have New Zealanders, Fijians, Tongan and Cook Islanders and another indigenous player make his debut on the weekend would definitely put this to bed. Raising this as anything that needs to have questions asked about it in the context of the story is stupid.
What do Fijians, Cook Islanders, New Zealanders and Tongans have to do with the story?

redv13

Bench
I think Sloan is a player brimming with potential who is being destroyed by Griffin’s coaching.
Not touching the racism garbage.
On Sloan, you are correct that the potential is massive but his few games in 1st grade this year were disappointing to say the least. Cost us the game vs the GC BUT I also think Hook should have given him more chances to redeem himself. Be a bloody shame if he blows up and wants out cause he is a lovely kid and would love to see him a career dragon

BLM01

First Grade

Illusion

Bench
Not touching the racism garbage.
On Sloan, you are correct that the potential is massive but his few games in 1st grade this year were disappointing to say the least. Cost us the game vs the GC BUT I also think Hook should have given him more chances to redeem himself. Be a bloody shame if he blows up and wants out cause he is a lovely kid and would love to see him a career dragon
This is the problem , as you say "Hook should have given him more chances to redeem himself." This is Hooks biggest problem IMO ...... So its ok for the seasoned players to make mistakes week in week out and none are targeted or dropped ...... But soon as the young guys don't play well instead encouraging them to step up next game he knocks the stuffing out of them by dropping them and you don't see them again ...... Its all about Hook making the 8 to justify His extension , and that is not going great with the young guys or without them ..... The Pressers after a loss say it all , Hook and Hunt look so lost with no idea how to make it work ......

dungay dragon

Juniors
This is the problem , as you say "Hook should have given him more chances to redeem himself." This is Hooks biggest problem IMO ...... So its ok for the seasoned players to make mistakes week in week out and none are targeted or dropped ...... But soon as the young guys don't play well instead encouraging them to step up next game he knocks the stuffing out of them by dropping them and you don't see them again ...... Its all about Hook making the 8 to justify His extension , and that is not going great with the young guys or without them ..... The Pressers after a loss say it all , Hook and Hunt look so lost with no idea how to make it work ......
Was mentioned again last night on 360 that Ciraldo may choose to wait a tad longer to join the NRL coaching ranks as the Dragons Gig maybe the next one available , and was a much better option for him compared to Dogs n Tigers .... 🤔