What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Great vision by Hook get Woods an extension, let other clubs get into salary cap pressure then swap Woods for 2 up and coming big boppers.

Our roster looking better all the time and all under Hook’s watch yet barely a word of praise.

Tough school this place.
Well said OT.

For whatever it is worth my view is that this development around Hook supposedly needing to reapply for his job is a smoke screen to push the agenda of a faction of board members who want to see Dean Young become our coach next year.

Everyone knows our board isn't seriously proactively looking for a new coach and in the coming weeks and months we will hear reasons as to why the other names thrown around (Ryles, Hornby, Bellamy, Hasler, Flanagan et al) won't be our next coach. This will leave either Young or Hook as the only available choices.

Whomever leaked this to the media may come to rue this as it could well galvanise Hook and the playing group in producing a successful season where we make the top 8. If that does happen the board will be in a very difficult place politically and will have to offer Hook a new contract or explain why they've shafted a coach in the midst of a successful rebuild in favour of the son of a board member.

Of course if the above doesn't happen in terms of our onfield performance, we can roll out the red carpet for coach Young next year and undoubtedly he will get a free ride for 5 seasons at least.

Let's see if I'm right about this.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
A really good read, thanks Hewi. I am hoping that Rylesy will end up as our head coach. I think that he could be a "Bellamy" one day.
Yes thanks Hewi appreciated; not a bad read but imo nothing greatly revealing apart from the normal “ mutual admiration society” stuff.. I’m sure he's got something in his skill set but nor sure that piece highlighted it.

mickeylane

Bench
I hope you are right Mickey!
The smokescreen also is the fact his contract w roosters expires end of 2024 but that won’t be a problem.. Ryles will want another full year w Robbo then he will believe he will be ready..
1 year w Eddie Jones
2 years w Bellamy
2 years w Robbo
I think he could be ready to take off the training wheels..

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
It’s funny I always thought he was a boof head, does anyone else remember the day he was penalised for playing the ball towards the wrong try line
Was it Jack Gibson who described him as a 5/8 trapped in a forward’s body? Or was that the trombone In the string section?

I know both comments were made but not sure if either of them were made by Jack or if either were about Ryles.

Last edited:
I think because we have gotten used to the consistent level of mediocrity it is easy to overlook what a new coach could bring to the club.
There never seems to be a lack of candidates when the head coach role at the Dragons becomes available.
Bring in a Hasler in the next month or so and things could turn around very quickly.

possm

Coach
I think because we have gotten used to the consistent level of mediocrity it is easy to overlook what a new coach could bring to the club.
There never seems to be a lack of candidates when the head coach role at the Dragons becomes available.
Bring in a Hasler in the next month or so and things could turn around very quickly.
Replace Hook with Hasler tomorrow

Latest posts