What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

hazzbeen

Bench
I want the imposter gone as much as you do mate but Seibold would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire imo.
Not sure in that , Mary has had 7 years here and is getting worse .... Seibold , 2 years ? IMO he couldn't be as bad as this imposter of a coach .... Any way I respect your opinion mate , but time will tell .....

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I have no doubts that Manly will play like they have a full, fit and willing squad because Des almost always brings them up two or three notches.

He’s a hard man but he’s also very sharp upstairs. He probably had his game plan worked out by 6am Monday.

But he doesn’t have a small team of pr writers looking for the next excuse.

My favourite this year was the Origin one and how the lack of the series was going to deliver a top 4 place or whatever.

Ask Ben about that one ( at least he foresaw his demise as an elite).

In my wildest dreams I couldn’t imagine Des spinning such bullshit for mass consumption. He knows such garbage doesn’t wash and just upsets people.

Ask Suli what Manly players think about Des and what he’s building at the stale urinal of stadiums they call Brookvale.

I think Manly are going to rip in and you will need to be bang smack on your game to beat them. I hope so, but sheesh, it’s a big ask under McPaymeout.

A team which is very well coached more often than not will overcome adversities due to injuries/suspensions.

You take the Roosters win last night against the Cowboys. As you would know, they were without key players in Radley, Tupou, Verrills, Liu, then subsequently B Morris and Friend. The members of the Roosters coaching staff were able to get them up easily, against a strong outfit which has a coach on the threshhold of getting the bullet.

Manly has a genuinely good coach who has won several premierships in his career. Injuries and suspensions to key players will not affect his ability to get the team to play a hard game against us which has a poor coach but a fairly strong squad. We might win, but it will be a tough game.

hazzbeen

Bench
A team which is very well coached more often than not will overcome adversities due to injuries/suspensions.

You take the Roosters win last night against the Cowboys. As you would know, they were without key players in Radley, Tupou, Verrills, Liu, then subsequently B Morris and Friend. The members of the Roosters coaching staff were able to get them up easily, against a strong outfit which has a coach on the threshhold of getting the bullet.

Manly has a genuinely good coach who has won several premierships in his career. Injuries and suspensions to key players will not affect his ability to get the team to play a hard game against us which has a poor coach but a fairly strong squad. We might win, but it will be a tough game.
Go Manly another couple of losses on the trot should just about do it ..... They won't be able to hide anymore , all avenues would have been exhausted in tying to keep Mary ....

getsmarty

Immortal

With all due respect Dragon David...Roosters reserve grade could beat most teams...How do you fit the England winger in reserve grade...along with both Morris boys signing as well as all the rest....

Yes they are a phenomenally coached side, but they also have without doubt the best 1st grade and reserve grade roster in the comp....

How is that possible ?

hazzbeen

Bench
With all due respect Dragon David...Roosters reserve grade could beat most teams...How do you fit the England winger in reserve grade...along with both Morris boys signing as well as all the rest....

Yes they are a phenomenally coached side, but they also have without doubt the best 1st grade and reserve grade roster in the comp....

How is that possible ?
Because they are smart operators whether you think they are cheating the system or not , so if they can get away with it , our lot have to smarten up or be left behind .....

Dragon David

First Grade

How is that possible ?

In my opinion the Roosters are becoming more acceptable as a club to follow nowadays because of their continuing success rate. I was watching an episode of Millionaire Hotseat the other night and one of the contestants came from Souths area. She said that she has a son who is playing junior league and does not want to go to Souths but wants to play for the Roosters. Why not, when they have more chance to win premierships and it is recognised as a club with a lot of positives. You don't have to pay big money when guys want to play for a quality club. There aren't that many saying those things about the Dragons unfortunately.

Whatever the dogs breakfast that is the broncos at the moment, without any comment about his coaching, at least Seibold is courageous enough to accept responsibility.

I have never heard Mary take full, absolute and complete responsibility.

He always leaves the door ajar to blame an injury, length of field, time, kicks, origin, jbd etc.

Then he’s spent years telling anyone who will listen that the squad is getting better, when the evidence is that things are getting worse.

He appears to insult your intelligence, week in and week out.

Mary and the board don’t seem to care as much as they should that they are letting you down.

They have absolutely no idea as to low regard and esteem in which they are held.

They are devoid of any empathy or compassion, otherwise they would shut up and make meaningful changes without announcing how loyal they are.

Seibold doesn’t need a small army of managerial and hippy flogs to lean on. He doesn’t have his junior assistants select his sides.

He proved with Souths that he could optimise and improve a squad in decline, but for whatever reasons the Broncos don’t listen to him. That they gave him 5 years was quite stupid, not his fault.

So on the issue of factory quality leadership, Mary doesn’t come near seibs.

Give him a year or two at the most. Not to bring any Broncos with him under any circumstances.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade

Didn’t they rest the NSW Captain as well...

getsmarty

Immortal
In my opinion the Roosters are becoming more acceptable as a club to follow nowadays because of their continuing success rate. I was watching an episode of Millionaire Hotseat the other night and one of the contestants came from Souths area. She said that she has a son who is playing junior league and does not want to go to Souths but wants to play for the Roosters. Why not, when they have more chance to win premierships and it is recognised as a club with a lot of positives. You don't have to pay big money when guys want to play for a quality club. There aren't that many saying those things about the Dragons unfortunately.

Again more to it....public forum..BUT...I also know a family friend who was N.S.W Rep junior @ Souths ...offered big dollars...again draw your own conclusions.

Dragsters

First Grade
I would strongly debate that
..it is more like the other way round ATM...from the fire to the frying pan

Not sure in that , Mary has had 7 years here and is getting worst .... Seibold , 2 years ? IMO he couldn't be as bad as this imposter of a coach .... Any way I respect your opinion mate , but time will tell .....

I just think Seibold is a myth.

We can do much better...

Dragon David

First Grade
Again more to it....public forum..BUT...I also know a family friend who was N.S.W Rep junior @ Souths ...offered big dollars...again draw your own conclusions.
The money is also the clincher to the deal. It goes hand in hand with the idea that the player is joining a good club so he would be happy to play for them. Brett Morris has said that Easts are the best club he has been with and no doubt Josh is saying this as well. Forget about the Dragons, Bulldogs and Sharks they say! and I don't think they are on much moolah!

TruSaint

Referee
The money is also the clincher to the deal. It goes hand in hand with the idea that the player is joining a good club so he would be happy to play for them. Brett Morris has said that Easts are the best club he has been with and no doubt Josh is saying this as well. Forget about the Dragons, Bulldogs and Sharks they say! and I don't think they are on much moolah!

Its the "go to club" at the moment, for sure.
I know a lot of people question the cap and third party deals, but unless there is evidence of rorting, you have to respect the culture they have built.

From CEO, coach, players, systems, etc they have turned around being a bog average club, with little membership and fan base , to being a powerhouse.

Dragon David

First Grade
Seeing on telly Trent Robinson and Craig Fitzgibbon in the Roosters coaches box you can see that together they have got most of the things in order and harmonious (mainly I guess because the Roosters were running all over the Cowboys). Robbo is only 43 years of age and has many more years in him to be the coach of the Roosters. Uncle Nick will not want to let him go under any circumstances.

Fitzy on the other hand, as the second fiddle coach, will one day want to test his skills as a head coach and hopefully it will be with the Dragons. Once Mary is in the BOD's minds to kick him out, they should get our beloved newly appointed CEO to chase hard to lure him to our "illustrious" club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Its the "go to club" at the moment, for sure.
I know a lot of people question the cap and third party deals, but unless there is evidence of rorting, you have to respect the culture they have built.

From CEO, coach, players, systems, etc they have turned around being a bog average club, with little membership and fan base , to being a powerhouse.
So very true, TruSaint.

Latest posts