What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
You’re right.....couldn't be worse than chicken livers :rooster:
They're just having great fun, living the dream of multiple enjoyment between the sheets, it's all good, the doggies are having great doggy times. It is natural too miss behave and pretend to be the next champ on the block, the doggies and matta are buzzing!

I was at the players tunnel at the end of the game when Brian Johnstone came out for the Nightingale presentation.
To his credit he stayed and talked before he went out, but he coped an absolute pasteing from me and everyone else about how disgusted we all were about our club.
He was told in no uncertain terms McGregor should be sacked now, tonight, no more reviews, nothing, gone.
He did look a bit disheartened and didn't stay for a chat after the presentations.

Hunt coped a really big serve.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Posted this in Jub Ave

God we are just missing the basics , when you inherit a bad team there are so many things that can be done.

I've coached at Harold Mats level and a assistant at SG Ball

if I inherited Prices team ,immediately I'd

1.Have clear honest goals and expectations of the upcoming season

2.Discuss these with your players whether its too high, too low - get everyone to agree and buy in - if you cannot the Skipper steps in. ( The coach is the brains not the father )

3.Set pre season to accommodate those goals.. you don't hear Wayne Bennetts teams saying its the biggest pre season ever every year

4.Simplify - have 3 or 4 game plans acclimatising to your strategy , yes from time to time you must adjust to the opposition , but a true champion team does what they do the best.

5. Cut out a million KPI's - make it simple... Tariq - run this line twice In the game 3rd time in , hit here unless its eyes up football - then you play whats infront of you

6.Activities relevant to your goals - yes we all know you went to the army barracks and got hammerd- its 2019 man.. get the wingers working with higher jumpers the forwards working Powerlifters halves working with basketballers (point guards) about quick decision making - more appropriate group bonding activities IE - Rowing or Sailing together - not drinking every sunday at the bulli watering hole

7.Teach everyone ( even if they think they know ) about what the Red V really means to its people - its fans and the blood that's been shed

8. Home problems left at the door - if players cant deal - speak with the support staff

9. Bad attitudes - need not be in the first team
10. Your on our bus or its goodbye at the contracts end

Oh and always encourage junior players , systems rotations as they are the leaders of the club.

This is the most basic ideologies for coaches

Some DONT's are
As coach ;
Don't Drive Drunk
Don't blame it on the players
Don't talk about stats
Don't talk about the field diameters
Don't talk about how 40% of tries are scored are not real tries.

Always own it...

thestevo888

Juniors
Posted this in Jub Ave

God we are just missing the basics , when you inherit a bad team there are so many things that can be done.

I've coached at Harold Mats level and a assistant at SG Ball

if I inherited Prices team ,immediately I'd

1.Have clear honest goals and expectations of the upcoming season

2.Discuss these with your players whether its too high, too low - get everyone to agree and buy in - if you cannot the Skipper steps in. ( The coach is the brains not the father )

3.Set pre season to accommodate those goals.. you don't hear Wayne Bennetts teams saying its the biggest pre season ever every year

4.Simplify - have 3 or 4 game plans acclimatising to your strategy , yes from time to time you must adjust to the opposition , but a true champion team does what they do the best.

5. Cut out a million KPI's - make it simple... Tariq - run this line twice In the game 3rd time in , hit here unless its eyes up football - then you play whats infront of you

6.Activities relevant to your goals - yes we all know you went to the army barracks and got hammerd- its 2019 man.. get the wingers working with higher jumpers the forwards working Powerlifters halves working with basketballers (point guards) about quick decision making - more appropriate group bonding activities IE - Rowing or Sailing together - not drinking every sunday at the bulli watering hole

7.Teach everyone ( even if they think they know ) about what the Red V really means to its people - its fans and the blood that's been shed

8. Home problems left at the door - if players cant deal - speak with the support staff

9. Bad attitudes - need not be in the first team
10. Your on our bus or its goodbye at the contracts end

Oh and always encourage junior players , systems rotations as they are the leaders of the club.

This is the most basic ideologies for coaches

Some DONT's are
As coach ;
Don't Drive Drunk
Don't blame it on the players
Don't talk about stats
Don't talk about the field diameters
Don't talk about how 40% of tries are scored are not real tries.

Always own it...

Best post of the thread. So true it hurts.

getsmarty

Immortal
I was at the players tunnel at the end of the game when Brian Johnstone came out for the Nightingale presentation.
To his credit he stayed and talked before he went out, but he coped an absolute pasteing from me and everyone else about how disgusted we all were about our club.
He was told in no uncertain terms McGregor should be sacked now, tonight, no more reviews, nothing, gone.
He did look a bit disheartened and didn't stay for a chat after the presentations.

Hunt coped a really big serve.

Sad to hear Ben hunt copped a Serve...not necessary..he is the least of our problems.

Smurf

Juniors
It’s monday and I am still gutted
I am sure most of us have played sport
Coming into the end of the season, with so much to play for , generally the top of the ladder teams beat the bottom of the ladder teams .
Obviously there is the occasional upset or a close result BUT to get smashed by Parramatta and Dogs is what is very very concerning
There must be something seriously wrong.
I have totally lost faith in McGregor
We need a Coach - who has won a GF
If Bennet is not available I would take Madge or even Hasler.

rednwhites

Juniors
Work got me out of bed today but the only thing that put a spring in my step was rushing to see if McGregor has been dumped.

Should have happened years ago and look at the state of things now. Almost brings me to tears. It's not even about losing. It's about knowing you have a chance when you step onto that field. Right now we don't and the finals feels more like a punishment than a reward.

SEAT 1A

Bench
The whole attack looked like a training run yesterday. Mary looked like a beaten man in the press conference.

It's a shame that what should have been a great day for the club for him to finally work that out.

hazzbeen

Bench
I to rushed to see a post he was sacked. Another day with McIdiot
Did you see his Press conference ? Mary looked like a stun Mullet didn't know what to say and all Fritz could say was we are nearly the same side that led the comp and that they can get back to that .... Coach needs to come out and say yea we are in trouble cant put my finger on it , we are playing badly .....

Latest posts