What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

sa1nt5

Juniors
Yeah imagine you all say, alright I will then, first day on the job Bennett negotiates a deal that is weighted so far in his favour, even McGregor is impressed.

Bennett squints and the board scurry out like cockroaches.
Right lets see what the old place has done since I’ve been gone he thinks to himself as he heads down to the first grade squad.

Bennett spots McGregor first, who is stuck in the corner of the freshly painted sheds with Flanno screaming at Euan who is stuck in the other corner, when all of a sudden he hears a god almighty roar of anguish and the sound of a car crash.

Bennett sticks his head around the corner and can see Jimmy G wrecking the place while the Frenchman lay unconscious on the tiles and after 2 years coaching the pom, he still can’t understand a word and quickly gets out of there, only to see Tim Lafai doing sprint drills with Craig young.
Wendell walks round the corner strait into a Bennett squint and says, with all the confidence he can muster under the Bennett stare, Flanno asked me to run the water, as he backs out of the room.

The forwards are all neck deep into their phones instead of weight training except Isaac Luke who is in the kitchenette saying to no one in particular, man I’m beached as bro.

Corey and Ben both had notes from their mums, so Bennett heads back to the office and sits down on an old milk crate with a broken side and opens the bottom draw of the desk because it’s basically at eye level now, his eyebrows lift in astonishment as he reads the words, dated 2011, Reinstated titles from 1921 to present St.George Dragons.
His face showing more animation than over 30 years of telling Buzz to f**k off, when he realises it just needs one signature yet it’s unsigned.

slowly he reaches down to the loudspeaker switch and utters his first words & calls Vaughn & Kerr to his office, it doesn’t work, so he yells out the window to Lafai, who is in serious discussion with Albert about the importance of form to run quickly, asking him to run go and tell Vaughn & Kerr to get to his office now,
He wonders out loud who is the master and who is the student in the pursuit of more speed between these equally matched Titans of velocity, after much deliberation he was no closer to an answer than McGregor or Aitken were as to how they might get out of their separately achieved but identical predicaments, or indeed how they got into them.

His phone flashed, snapping his mind back to that of a wily velociraptor, an email forwarded from NRL headquarters by the StGI board email account, that contained a contract buy out by the bulldogs for JDB ,4 years big money by the doggies he says to himself then gives it a good read, Dragons agreed to 60% of whole contract to take him, WTF he screams, when another forwarded Email hits him, it’s open in a flash as he reads it’s content, 950k 5 year contract with a 2 year option for some pommie 18 yo named Euan McCrone all that cash he was expecting gone and with it his ace in the hole.

As Bennett pondered his position 2 cops walk in carrying an oversized folder emblazoned with Todd Greenberg’s personal livery, same 2 cops that just received a thrashing while doing their job by a young Canberra resident, should have been terrified by this environment , Bennett thought , but they held no fear, because they knew, what they delivered was the exclusive automatic stand down rule the Dragons have with the NRL.
Then his phone vibrates it’s Buzz, Bennett can’t believe he has been here for 25 minutes and this bloodhound has crossed his mind twice already, usually a deletable offence having that name show up, f**k it, this shit show ain’t getting any worse Bennett mutters, Bennett reads it and instantly regrets it, Buzz just wanted to tell him JDB was just found innocent of all charges, that he has a mean look in his eyes that Buzz never noticed before and has been training the house down, but the dogs have reneged on the contract, as soon as they found out JDB has no case to answer, and Buzz wants to know if the Dragons have the money set aside for JDB still, he gets paid either way Buzz informs him.

Before he knew it Bennett had received and finished a call from V’landy. Thats when he reached into his pocket as a tear rolled down his cheek, pulled a signed contract out and tore it up, as he let out a roar of laughter he hadn’t heard since he coached a halfwit midget and his idiot mate to back to back premierships against this very club, as Sailor Saab and clune walked past his door, young Tristan pokes his head in and says what’s so funny Granddad, just then Vaughn and Kerr come sprinting up the hall some 30 minutes after Lafai set off.
Bennett looks at the 2 concerned front rowers then down at the now voided 5 year contract as the gathered cohort of players gasp at the name jumping off the front of the 5 year voided contract, Bennett, finally looks up at young Tristan and deadpans, nothing Grandson, go get your young mates you were telling me about.

Wayne Bennett in his inaugural year wins the first of 5 premierships 4 being back to back in the next 6 years with the young Dragons talent his new captain David Fifita on a 5 year deal and JDB on a a good wicket for the next 4 years at the 2nd Brisbane team. The dragons collect 3 more wooden spoons in that time, as Raelene Castle settles into her new CEO role with the Dragons, James Graham will be eligible for release from silver water jail after a 5 month stint, Sam Burgess came to visit every other day.
Dragons membership implodes whilst McGregor gets a 2 year extension and immediately sets about giving the sheds a new coat of paint, Buzz moves in with Bennett.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah imagine you all say, alright I will then, first day on the job Bennett negotiates a deal that is weighted so far in his favour, even McGregor is impressed. Bennett squints and the board scurry out like cockroaches Right lets see what the old place has done since I’ve been gone he thinks to himself as he heads down to the first grade squad Bennett spots McGregor first, who is stuck in the corner of the freshly painted sheds with Flanno screaming at Euan who is stuck in the other corner, when all of a sudden he hears a god almighty roar of anguish and the sound of a car crash, Bennett sticks his head around the corner and can see Jimmy G wrecking the place while the Frenchman lay unconscious on the tiles and after 2 years coaching the poms he still can’t understand a word and quickly gets out of there only to see Tim Lafai doing sprint drills with Craig young when Wendell walks round the corner strait into a Bennett squint and says Flanno asked me to run the water as he backs out of the room. The forwards are all neck deep into their phones instead of weight training except Isaac Luke who is in the kitchenette saying to no one in particular, man I’m beached as bro, Corey and Ben both had notes from their mums, so Bennett heads back to the office and sits down on an old milk crate with a broken side and opens the bottom draw of the desk because it’s basically at eye level now, his eyebrows lift in astonishment as he reads the words, dated 2011, Reinstated titles from 1921 to present St.George Dragons. His face showing more animation than more than 30 years of telling Buzz to f**k off, when he realises it just needs one signature yet it’s unsigned, slowly he reaches down to the loudspeaker switch and utters his first words & calls Vaughn & Kerr to his office, it doesn’t work, so he yells out the window to Lafai, who is in serious discussion with Albert about the importance of form to run quickly, asking him to run go and tell Vaughn & Kerr to get to his office now, he wonders out loud who is the master and who is the student in the pursuit of more speed between these equally matched Titans of velocity, after much deliberation he was no closer to an answer than McGregor or Aitken were as to how they might get out of their separately achieved but identical predicaments or indeed how they got into them, his phone flashed, snapping his mind back to that of a wily velociraptor, an email forwarded from NRL headquarters by the StGI board email account, that contained a contract buy out by the bulldogs for JDB ,4 years big money by the doggies he says to himself then gives it a good read, Dragons agreed to 60% of whole contract to take him, WTF he screams, when another forwarded Email hits him, it’s open in a flash as he reads it’s content, 950k 5 year contract with a 2 year option for some pommie 18 yo named Euan McCrone all that cash he was expecting gone and with it his ace in the hole, As Bennett pondered his position the 2 cops walk in carrying an oversized folder emblazoned with Todd Greenberg’s personal livery, same 2 cops that just received a thrashing while doing their job by a young Canberra resident, should have been terrified by this environment , Bennett thought , but they held no fear because they knew what they delivered was the exclusive automatic stand down rule the Dragons have with the NRL. Then his phone vibrates it’s Buzz, Bennett can’t believe he has been here for 25 minutes and this bloodhound has crossed his mind twice already, usually a deletable offence having that name show up, f**k it, this shit show ain’t getting any worse Bennett mutters, Bennett reads it and instantly regrets it, Buzz just wanted to tell him JDB was just found innocent of all charges and has been training the house down, but the dogs have reneged on the contract, as soon as they found out JDB has no case to answer, and Buzz wants to know if the Dragons have the money set aside for JDB still, he gets paid either way Buzz informs him. Before he knew it Bennett had received and finished a call from V’landy. Thats when he reached into his pocket as a tear rolled down his cheek, pulled a signed contract out and tore it up, as he let out a roar of laughter he hadn’t heard since he coached a halfwit midget and his idiot mate to back to back premierships against this very club, as Sailor Saab and clune walked past his door, young Tristan pokes his head in and says what’s so funny Granddad, just then Vaughn and Kerr come sprinting up the hall some 30 minutes after Lafai set off, Bennett looks at the 2 concerned front rowers then down at the now voided 5 year contract as the gathered cohort of players gasp at the name jumping off the front of the 5 year voided contract, Bennett finally looks up at young Tristan and deadpans, nothing Grandson, go get your young mates you were telling me about.
Wayne Bennett in his inaugural year wins the first of 5 premierships 4 being back to back in the next 5 years with the young Dragons talent his new captain David Fifita on a 5 year deal and JDB on a a good wicket for the next 4 years at the 2nd Brisbane team. The dragons collect 3 more wooden spoons in that time, James Graham will be eligible for release from silver water jail after a 5 month stint, Sam Burgess came to visit every other day. Dragons membership implodes whilst McGregor gets a 2 year extension and immediately sets about giving the sheds a new coat of paint, Buzz moves in with Bennett.
What a nightmare but very funny!

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Yeah imagine you all say, alright I will then, first day on the job Bennett negotiates a deal that is weighted so far in his favour, even McGregor is impressed. Bennett squints and the board scurry out like cockroaches Right lets see what the old place has done since I’ve been gone he thinks to himself as he heads down to the first grade squad Bennett spots McGregor first, who is stuck in the corner of the freshly painted sheds with Flanno screaming at Euan who is stuck in the other corner, when all of a sudden he hears a god almighty roar of anguish and the sound of a car crash, Bennett sticks his head around the corner and can see Jimmy G wrecking the place while the Frenchman lay unconscious on the tiles and after 2 years coaching the poms he still can’t understand a word and quickly gets out of there only to see Tim Lafai doing sprint drills with Craig young when Wendell walks round the corner strait into a Bennett squint and says Flanno asked me to run the water as he backs out of the room. The forwards are all neck deep into their phones instead of weight training except Isaac Luke who is in the kitchenette saying to no one in particular, man I’m beached as bro, Corey and Ben both had notes from their mums, so Bennett heads back to the office and sits down on an old milk crate with a broken side and opens the bottom draw of the desk because it’s basically at eye level now, his eyebrows lift in astonishment as he reads the words, dated 2011, Reinstated titles from 1921 to present St.George Dragons. His face showing more animation than more than 30 years of telling Buzz to f**k off, when he realises it just needs one signature yet it’s unsigned, slowly he reaches down to the loudspeaker switch and utters his first words & calls Vaughn & Kerr to his office, it doesn’t work, so he yells out the window to Lafai, who is in serious discussion with Albert about the importance of form to run quickly, asking him to run go and tell Vaughn & Kerr to get to his office now, he wonders out loud who is the master and who is the student in the pursuit of more speed between these equally matched Titans of velocity, after much deliberation he was no closer to an answer than McGregor or Aitken were as to how they might get out of their separately achieved but identical predicaments or indeed how they got into them, his phone flashed, snapping his mind back to that of a wily velociraptor, an email forwarded from NRL headquarters by the StGI board email account, that contained a contract buy out by the bulldogs for JDB ,4 years big money by the doggies he says to himself then gives it a good read, Dragons agreed to 60% of whole contract to take him, WTF he screams, when another forwarded Email hits him, it’s open in a flash as he reads it’s content, 950k 5 year contract with a 2 year option for some pommie 18 yo named Euan McCrone all that cash he was expecting gone and with it his ace in the hole, As Bennett pondered his position the 2 cops walk in carrying an oversized folder emblazoned with Todd Greenberg’s personal livery, same 2 cops that just received a thrashing while doing their job by a young Canberra resident, should have been terrified by this environment , Bennett thought , but they held no fear because they knew what they delivered was the exclusive automatic stand down rule the Dragons have with the NRL. Then his phone vibrates it’s Buzz, Bennett can’t believe he has been here for 25 minutes and this bloodhound has crossed his mind twice already, usually a deletable offence having that name show up, f**k it, this shit show ain’t getting any worse Bennett mutters, Bennett reads it and instantly regrets it, Buzz just wanted to tell him JDB was just found innocent of all charges and has been training the house down, but the dogs have reneged on the contract, as soon as they found out JDB has no case to answer, and Buzz wants to know if the Dragons have the money set aside for JDB still, he gets paid either way Buzz informs him. Before he knew it Bennett had received and finished a call from V’landy. Thats when he reached into his pocket as a tear rolled down his cheek, pulled a signed contract out and tore it up, as he let out a roar of laughter he hadn’t heard since he coached a halfwit midget and his idiot mate to back to back premierships against this very club, as Sailor Saab and clune walked past his door, young Tristan pokes his head in and says what’s so funny Granddad, just then Vaughn and Kerr come sprinting up the hall some 30 minutes after Lafai set off, Bennett looks at the 2 concerned front rowers then down at the now voided 5 year contract as the gathered cohort of players gasp at the name jumping off the front of the 5 year voided contract, Bennett finally looks up at young Tristan and deadpans, nothing Grandson, go get your young mates you were telling me about.
Wayne Bennett in his inaugural year wins the first of 5 premierships 4 being back to back in the next 5 years with the young Dragons talent his new captain David Fifita on a 5 year deal and JDB on a a good wicket for the next 4 years at the 2nd Brisbane team. The dragons collect 3 more wooden spoons in that time, as Raelene Castle settles into her new CEO role with the Dragons, James Graham will be eligible for release from silver water jail after a 5 month stint, Sam Burgess came to visit every other day. Dragons membership implodes whilst McGregor gets a 2 year extension and immediately sets about giving the sheds a new coat of paint, Buzz moves in with Bennett.

Seriously, have you no idea on what paragrahs are??
It maybe a good read though not untill you space it out.

qld redvee

Juniors
Well I was just stupid enough to listen to supercoach and his pre game message..... some gems came out
concentrated on our D in the off season attack will come later // I gave Luc his first grade debut // Williame was our best in the trials and 9's - aitken didnt too much wrong either // Lafai played right centre at the doga AND appeared in a grand final - ( so if laf is so good at right centre why did supercoach change him to left and leave him there ) He cant help himself by not mentioning the past and then casually throws in how Lafai played right centre in a grand final .....
I can only think how bad the after match pressers are going to be -

Well I was just stupid enough to listen to supercoach and his pre game message..... some gems came out
concentrated on our D in the off season attack will come later // I gave Luc his first grade debut // Williame was our best in the trials and 9's - aitken didnt too much wrong either // Lafai played right centre at the doga AND appeared in a grand final - ( so if laf is so good at right centre why did supercoach change him to left and leave him there ) He cant help himself by not mentioning the past and then casually throws in how Lafai played right centre in a grand final .....
I can only think how bad the after match pressers are going to be -
I avoid listening to his interviews now because they upset me so much.
What I cannot understand is how the club management let him trot out this BS time and time again and not intervene?
It makes our club look like a joke.
Surely we are not the only ones that see that.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bennett will come in and get rid of Lomax, Ford, Dufty, Sailor, Ramsey and Clune and bring in some old aging QLD's who will improve the club in experience and possible give us 2 good years. Then leave and take any up and coming juniors wherever he ends up and the old QLD's will retire or move with him and will be stuck with a team that is soft, clueless with a dud coach of his recommendation and Saints will have another 10 years of pain.......No thanks.

thebigredv

First Grade
Honestly I think that was something else. I've never seen us throw away so many chances, I lost count. We could have easily reached 40 points. Not sure it was a coach issue either, truth be told.

Sims should have passed it held it first half
Williame first half
Another one I can't remember who knocked on in first half in act of scoring
Sims from Fuimoana
Vaughan drops
Tyson should have held it and charged the line

There's 6 tries right there.

St Georgio

Juniors
Sack both Idiots Scumulla Drug Cheat Flannoshirt and I have no Idea McIdiot Tactical knowledge of the game, even in crisis I have no Ideas to produce a win!
Please get rid of both imposters!