What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

JJ

Immortal
Now the Warriors are trying to make a whole team of Aussies and they're as crap as ever.
Not sure the number of Aussies in the team is extreme? Egan and Aitken are very consistent first graders, Lodge is a test but a quality prop, Walsh is young and brilliant but will leave too, Sironen is better than the minutes he’s getting, probably missing someone but not seeing the issue (Taylor only played as SJ was out...

And while the start has been rubbish, they're a long way from "as bad as ever"

Matua

Bench
Not sure the number of Aussies in the team is extreme? Egan and Aitken are very consistent first graders, Lodge is a test but a quality prop, Walsh is young and brilliant but will leave too, Sironen is better than the minutes he’s getting, probably missing someone but not seeing the issue (Taylor only played as SJ was out...

And while the start has been rubbish, they're a long way from "as bad as ever"
They've had two weeks without a NZer in the starting pack.

Do you honestly think they've been better in the games so far than normal? Even with the cripple fight win tonight ...

JJ

Immortal
They've had two weeks without a NZer in the starting pack.

Do you honestly think they've been better in the games so far than normal? Even with the cripple fight win tonight ...
They’ve been poor, but not the poorest they’ve been and not because of Australians imo

edit just realised I’d overlooked Curran as Australian, he’s been easily our best this year… by a distance

Diesel

Coach
The work that Gould was hired to do was so crucial. It's such a shame that he couldn't see it through
He mentioned in his exit message that he had put a lot of the structures in place & was available for advice. I hope that is all true

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’ll give this a bit of a bump

backline depleted, a career centre until he joined the club in Aitken is left in the back row and a backrower who isn’t a centre gets moved

would love an explanation from the coach on the thinking

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I’ll give this a bit of a bump

backline depleted, a career centre until he joined the club in Aitken is left in the back row and a backrower who isn’t a centre gets moved

would love an explanation from the coach on the thinking
My guess - either Aitken is demanding to play there (thinking potentially about his future value) or Brown is being a stubborn arse and sticking to what he thought was best.

I agree, and have all year. We have 2nd rowers. We have no NRL standard centres. It's dumb.

Blair

Coach
My guess - either Aitken is demanding to play there (thinking potentially about his future value) or Brown is being a stubborn arse and sticking to what he thought was best.

I agree, and have all year. We have 2nd rowers. We have no NRL standard centres. It's dumb.
We just can't get it right, can we? A couple of years ago we were bemoaning our lack of decent props.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Flanagan or Toovey for me.
But neither would tell Mohawk what he wants to hear.

Leber

Bench
This bloke we have signed from the cowboys has played 10 games, has had 10 loses.

Perfect signing for us.

Benek

Juniors
I would take Flanno as a coach. Peptide scandal aside, I always liked the way he thinks and talks. I know that doesn't always translate to coaching success (Matt Elliot says "hi"), but he seems like the experienced, no-nonsense kind of guy we'd need to whip our culture and attitudes into shape.

I don't think Brown is going anywhere soon though. With COVID as an excuse, he'll get the remainder of this season at the very least, and likely finish off his contract even if we don't make the finals. We need some stability in coaching after all the chopping and changing since Clearly left. I'd rather that was another coach, but unless we have a world-class bloke to replace him it's just not worth it.

I'd love Flanno to come in as an assistant with the aim to take over after Brown is eventually pushed out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You could do a lot worse than go after Tony Smith who has just announced he's leaving Hull KR at end of year. Had huge success in SL and is noted for the exact two things the Warriors need, bringing through young talent and developing a great team culture.

Barrett could be up for grabs soon with Gould taking the video review tearing strips of them then taking the training!
Get the contract ready!

I don't think Brown is going anywhere soon though. With COVID as an excuse, he'll get the remainder of this season at the very least, and likely finish off his contract even if we don't make the finals. We need some stability in coaching after all the chopping and changing since Clearly left. I'd rather that was another coach, but unless we have a world-class bloke to replace him it's just not worth it.
Brown getting a pretty easy ride with the media in Aussie after being involved with them before taking up the position. But agree we need stability to show those coming in after we have their back for their contract length, otherwise we get the desperate and dateless apply.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Brown getting a pretty easy ride with the media in Aussie after being involved with them before taking up the position. But agree we need stability to show those coming in after we have their back for their contract length, otherwise we get the desperate and dateless apply.

was listening to SEN yesterday and Joel Caine was saying that Brown is the best speaker after a loss that he has ever seen and that deflects some of the spotlight off him

you’re correct with how the parasites in the media operate. The Raiders are running 15th and have been woeful, Ricky is best mates with Paul Kent though so there is barely a word about them. Similar how the Broncos barely cop anything on NRL360 these days because Ikin is running them

Latest posts