What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It’s not even like we have an up to it and suitable in-house caretaker coach to cover the rest of the season even if Nathan was given the flick
I don't think Justin Morgan is terrible, in fact I wanted him over McFadden back in time. He did well with Hull KR, has been an assistant with the Kiwis, us for a long time etc. I'd be OK if he took over, not that we could do any worse.

Leber

Bench
Nobody wants to come to Auckland. If we get a new coach, our best chance is to grab a good assistant who wants a first grade gig. Cameron ciraldo would go good I reckon.

Nobody wants to come to Auckland. If we get a new coach, our best chance is to grab a good assistant who wants a first grade gig. Cameron ciraldo would go good I reckon.
Media talk is that Ciraldo is patient waiting for the right gig like Fitzgibbon.
My guess is we are not the right gig.

Benek

Juniors
Why is Auckland so undesirable? I love living here. It’s like a smaller version of an Aussie city with worse public transport but less racism. Most people in the world would love the chance to live here. Is Sydney really such a magical place that the thought of moving here for a few years is that dreadful?

Leber

Bench
Why is Auckland so undesirable? I love living here. It’s like a smaller version of an Aussie city with worse public transport but less racism. Most people in the world would love the chance to live here. Is Sydney really such a magical place that the thought of moving here for a few years is that dreadful?
I wouldn’t say it’s undesirable, but if you an Aussie and there’s 15 clubs were u live, you’d prob prefer to live there

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
From an Aussie perspective:

its cold (compared to everywhere except melbourne and Canberra)
it rains a lot
it’s further away
it has something of a “Once Were Warriors” stereotype, (which is rather unfair unless you move to Otara)
It also suffers from some of the same downsides as Sydney (expensive propert, shitty traffic).

actually in a bunch of ways Auckland can feel a bit like a smaller, cooler Sydney, which tends to do it no favours.

Diesel

Coach
We need an up and comer like Kristian Woolf or Jason Ryles. We’re screwed if we ended up with recycled coaches that couldn’t make it at other clubs

Tongue

Juniors
Brown 'confirmed' for the rest of this year.

Needless to ask, firing SK mid 2020, what if any improvements have been made?

JJ

Immortal
Brown 'confirmed' for the rest of this year.

Needless to ask, firing SK mid 2020, what if any improvements have been made?
Lucky it wasn’t Gould saying that…

as for improvement post SK, well not having SK is an improvement…

not a Brown fan at all, but nobody is as bad as SK and Covid has made things incredibly hard, especially for us

Leber

Bench
We need an up and comer like Kristian Woolf or Jason Ryles. We’re screwed if we ended up with recycled coaches that couldn’t make it at other clubs
Either of these guys would be great.

Ryles wouldn’t take any shit

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Much harder to get back to see family, I am guessing is a major factor. If you're a Sydney guy, you have 9 clubs to choose from, plus Newcastle not far away and Canberra not all that far away either. Even GC, Brisbane and Melbourne are doable in half a day in a car. You can't go on a whim from Auckland to Sydney. I lived in Melbourne for 3 years, and whilst it was an incredibly liveable city, I just missed home. I'm a Kiwi. I'm sure it's the same the other way around.

Plus Auckland's team is the Warriors. And they're shit.

Blair

Coach
Much harder to get back to see family, I am guessing is a major factor. If you're a Sydney guy, you have 9 clubs to choose from, plus Newcastle not far away and Canberra not all that far away either. Even GC, Brisbane and Melbourne are doable in half a day in a car. You can't go on a whim from Auckland to Sydney. I lived in Melbourne for 3 years, and whilst it was an incredibly liveable city, I just missed home. I'm a Kiwi. I'm sure it's the same the other way around.

Plenty of Aussie players have done it in the past though, so we just have to keep finding those players. Look at Maloney, he was homesick (for Sydney/Central West NSW), but he still gave us three years.

Benek

Juniors
That, to me, is a far more valid point than having to live a three hour flight away from your home town for a few years while you get paid millions of dollars to professionally play the sport you love.

Which sucks. Because at least shitty teams in Sydney only have one recruitment hurdle to overcome. We have it too, and then add the geographic excuse on top.

Matua

Bench
TBH, Brown isn't really THE problem. The club is the problem. Sack him and some other poor sap has to come into the environment and try and get success with an organisation that if you called it amateur would be an insult to amateur sporting organisations which are generally competent. It's systemically broken. Bellamy couldn't turn this club around without been given control of the governance.

Matua

Bench

Stuff that. In non Covid times any Oz city is 3 1/2 hours away. That takes less effort than a drive to Brisbane or Melbourne from Sydney.