What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

carcharias

Immortal
its actually a good thing for all parties..

Dragons have McInnes and other genuine back ups now...
Broncos need a hooker
Luke will get starting position now, which (barring injury) he’d never get at the Dragons.

We got Luke as insurance when no one else wanted him, and McInnes had been out.

We are capitulating in other ways, but this isn’t one of them.
I rate Luke.
I thought he would’ve killed it at the Dragons.

BennyV

Referee
its actually a good thing for all parties..

Dragons have McInnes and other genuine back ups now...
Broncos need a hooker
Luke will get starting position now, which (barring injury) he’d never get at the Dragons.

We got Luke as insurance when no one else wanted him, and McInnes had been out.

We are capitulating in other ways, but this isn’t one of them.
Not even the part stating that frustration at the direction of the club under McGregor contributed to him leaving?!

BennyV

Referee
not just me.... the man himself..

https://mobile.twitter.com/issacluke_14

View attachment 39104

Happy to still trust a News Ltd Journo?

Up to you.
I don’t necessarily trust the journo, but I’m not 100% sure I trust the tweet of a guy who needs the club the grant his release so he can get away from the place and continue his career.

Same as the Hadley vs McInnes thing - I don’t for 1 second believe that there is no division in the club, despite what Cam says. I also don’t believe that youngsters like Saab/Sailor aren’t looking for the door despite what McGregor claims in the media.

There is not this much smoke if there’s no fire. Something stinks at our club.

I don’t necessarily trust the journo, but I’m not 100% sure I trust the tweet of a guy who needs the club the grant his release so he can get away from the place and continue his career.

Same as the Hadley vs McInnes thing - I don’t for 1 second believe that there is no division in the club, despite what Cam says. I also don’t believe that youngsters like Saab/Sailor aren’t looking for the door despite what McGregor claims in the media.

There is not this much smoke if there’s no fire. Something stinks at our club.

So effectively

You trust Ray Hadley, and don’t trust Cameron McInnes, the club captain, who is a liar

You don’t trust Isaac Luke, he’s lying.

You don’t trust Paul McGregor, he’s lying.

You also don’t trust James Graham, who rebuked the so-called divide last Monday after the game. Hence he’s a liar.

Who do you trust at the club?

BennyV

Referee
So effectively

You trust Ray Hadley, and don’t trust Cameron McInnes, the club captain, who is a liar

You also don’t trust James Graham, who rebuked the so-called divide last Monday after the game. Hence he’s a liar.

I don’t necessarily trust Ray Hadley. But I don’t trust a word that comes from the clubs PR machine, and that includes McInnes, Graham, Gordon, Webb or McGregor.

Are you saying you trust the words of those within the club?
That Paul McGregor is a career coach who’s just down on troops, and he was selected from a list of 10+ candidates (Including Hasler and McGuire) and shown to the best of the bunch?
That the team who hasn’t scored a try in 2 games will improve out of sight if they get their completion rate up?
That the players are all getting along swimmingly despite playing like they just met on the bus en route to the game?
That the playing group are overjoyed having JDB amongst their ranks every day?
That WIN Corp taking 50% control, including power vote on the BoD was essential for maintaining the identity of the club and leading us into the future?
That Brian Johnston was the prime CEO candidate after a worldwide search?
That McGregor was truly devestated for his mate Pricey when he was removed?

Puh-lease. If you believe a word that comes from the club about the happenings behind the scenes then I’ve got a bridge in NYC you might be interested in. The club has fed us as much (if not more) lies and bullshit than any one media outlet.

I’ve been assuming that you have a few years on me JF, so surely you recognise that you need to filter through crap in the media and crap from the club to find something that remotely resembles the truth. And unless you blindly believe every word that our club feeds you, then one must conclude that, at a minimum, that we have major issues within our team and club in general.

betcats

Referee
So effectively

Players try and hide what’s actually going on all the time. If a player confirmed a divide the team would get bombarded with questions about it every time one of them had to front the media, I’ve got no doubt players would lie about it if there was one and it’s understandable tbh, the media are savages they would go hard with that story if a player spoke about it.

If I were you I’d be hoping there was a divide otherwise the only reason for a 4 from 22 record is that the coach and squad is not good enough. A divide can be fixed, being to shit to compete is going to take few years to fix.

I don’t necessarily trust Ray Hadley. But I don’t trust a word that comes from the clubs PR machine, and that includes McInnes, Graham, Gordon, Webb or McGregor.

Are you saying you trust the words of those within the club?
That Paul McGregor is a career coach who’s just down on troops, and he was selected from a list of 10+ candidates (Including Hasler and McGuire) and shown to the best of the bunch?
That the team who hasn’t scored a try in 2 games will improve out of sight if they get their completion rate up?
That the players are all getting along swimmingly despite playing like they just met on the bus en route to the game?
That the playing group are overjoyed having JDB amongst their ranks every day?
That WIN Corp taking 50% control, including power vote on the BoD was essential for maintaining the identity of the club and leading us into the future?
That Brian Johnston was the prime CEO candidate after a worldwide search?
That McGregor was truly devestated for his mate Pricey when he was removed?

Puh-lease. If you believe a word that comes from the club about the happenings behind the scenes then I’ve got a bridge in NYC you might be interested in. The club has fed us as much (if not more) lies and bullshit than any one media outlet.

I’ve been assuming that you have a few years on me JF, so surely you recognise that you need to filter through crap in the media and crap from the club to find something that remotely resembles the truth. And unless you blindly believe every word that our club feeds you, then one must conclude that, at a minimum, that we have major issues within our team and club in general.

I asked a genuine question of who you trust, not what you don’t. So you don’t trust the club - a PR machine. Ok I get that view.

In what I’ve heard from these guys lately I believe and trust they are on the level, they come across to me as completely genuine. You don’t, and that’s your view. Keep it, no problem.

But unlike you, I don’t follow you around the forums and think my opinion or theories are fact, and above your own. And I don’t reply with sarcastic stuff or tell you about a bridge just because we disagree. That’s your style here not mine. That’s a style Ray Hadley and Alan Jones have been using for decades. I’ll trust the integrity of a bloke who plays his absolute guts out for our club each week like Cameron McInnes over a bloke behind a microphone like Ray Hadley 365 days of the year.

The club performance right now is diabolical but that doesn’t lend itself to me questioning the integrity of the people there. We’ll never know all the inner sanctum issues that may/may not be happening. And I personally don’t give a flying fiddlers f—k if there are any internal issues at our club, or others. With any sports club with that many competitive blokes in a close environment it’s bound to happen at times. And no club would talk openly about it if there was, stupidity if they did.

But what I do know is people like Ray Hadley, Chammas, Prozensko, Rothfield and other journos only keep their jobs if people listen to them and read their stories, click on links... that’s how their industry works. And bad news stories will trump good news stories for this 100% of the time without question. So when there’s a sniff of a club in trouble, they are onto it... with their versions on stories, some claiming information from “reliable sources....club insiders....” ... basically a get out clause for them to say whatever they please. And they are never accountable for the accuracy of a story - as long as it gets clicks and ratings. They’ll tell the parts of the story they choose, accurate or otherwise, to keep themselves relevant and in a job. Because often - the full story means the story loses its sensationalism.

The Luke one is absolutely typical of this formula.. thus..

Club is underperforming
Player released to another club (Luke)
Use innuendo headline with crisis buzzword (here - disgruntled)
Use file photo where the player looks disappointed, upset, angry, etc.
Claim internal issues, possibly reference “reliable sources”..
Don’t ask player for comment.

And keep milking the bad news juice out of a story to keep the masses watching and listening. Welcome to Journalism 101, 2020 style - make yourself relevant.

Believe what you want to believe.

Last edited:
Players try and hide what’s actually going on all the time. If a player confirmed a divide the team would get bombarded with questions about it every time one of them had to front the media, I’ve got no doubt players would lie about it if there was one and it’s understandable tbh, the media are savages they would go hard with that story if a player spoke about it.

If I were you I’d be hoping there was a divide otherwise the only reason for a 4 from 22 record is that the coach and squad is not good enough. A divide can be fixed, being to shit to compete is going to take few years to fix.

absolutely agreed with the first paragraph. But to be honest it doesn’t interest me if there’s divides or not. That said, the players replies here are genuine to me.

BennyV

Referee
I asked a genuine question of who you trust, not what you don’t. So you don’t trust the club - a PR machine. Ok I get that view.

In what I’ve heard from these guys lately I believe and trust they are on the level, they come across to me as completely genuine. You don’t, and that’s your view. Keep it, no problem.

But unlike you, I don’t follow you around the forums and think my opinion or theories are fact, and above your own. And I don’t reply with sarcastic stuff or tell you about a bridge just because we disagree. That’s your style here not mine. That’s a style Ray Hadley and Alan Jones have been using for decades. I’ll trust the integrity of a bloke who plays his absolute guts out for our club each week like Cameron McInnes over a bloke behind a microphone like Ray Hadley 365 days of the year.

The club performance right now is diabolical but that doesn’t lend itself to me questioning the integrity of the people there. We’ll never know all the inner sanctum issues that may/may not be happening. And I personally don’t give a flying fiddlers f—k if there are any internal issues at our club, or others. With any sports club with that many competitive blokes in a close environment it’s bound to happen at times. And no club would talk openly about it if there was, stupidity if they did.

But what I do know is people like Ray Hadley, Chammas, Prozensko, Rothfield and other journos only keep their jobs if people listen to them and read their stories, click on links... that’s how their industry works. And bad news stories will trump good news stories for this 100% of the time without question. So when there’s a sniff of a club in trouble, they are onto it... with their versions on stories, some claiming information from “reliable sources....club insiders....” ... basically a get out clause for them to say whatever they please. And they are never accountable for the accuracy of a story - as long as it gets clicks and ratings. They’ll tell the parts of the story they choose, accurate or otherwise, to keep themselves relevant and in a job. Because often - the full story means the story loses its sensationalism.

The Luke one is absolutely typical of this formula.. thus..

Club is underperforming
Player released to another club (Luke)
Use innuendo headline with crisis buzzword (here - disgruntled)
Use file photo where the player looks disappointed, upset, angry, etc.
Claim internal issues, possibly reference “reliable sources”..
Don’t ask player for comment.

And keep milking the bad news juice out of a story to keep the masses watching and listening. Welcome to Journalism 101, 2020 style - make yourself relevant.

Believe what you want to believe.
Long story short - you opt to believe the club and players, I opt to read between the lines of both parties. Fair enough, let’s leave it at that.

As for following you around this forum - don’t flatter yourself, I’ve commented on a handful of your posts on this thread to which I’ve disagreed, and continued to discuss and argue those points. That’s just part of this forum works.
And don’t get so high and mighty as if your explanation of modern media and accusations of stalking you are any less condescending than my sarcasm or bridge sales proposition.

carcharias

Immortal
Hahaha
Look at you merkins fighting with each other on derby day.
Imagine how bad it is in the team?
Hadley is onto something I reckon.
Doubt Jack is the most popular bloke in the joint.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think the verdict is in. Mary is absolutely deserving of a contract extension. The big red V has only signed him until the end of 2021! A few more blockbuster wins like tonight and his signature will be in demand big time.

dogslife

Coach
I think the verdict is in. Mary is absolutely deserving of a contract extension. The big red V has only signed him until the end of 2021! A few more blockbuster wins like tonight and his signature will be in demand big time.
Spot on Bunniesbro! You've got your finger on the pulse as per usual