What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

anjado

Juniors
So they benefited from their breach?

Robinson ran second last in 2016 when his super star roster was sitting on the sidelines

Bellamy had no idea how to beat QLD who funnily enough contained his best 4 players at club level whom Melbourne were allowed to keep after breaching the cap. The next 3 years will be the acid test for Bellamy

The form of a young Benji Marshall and Scott Prince had a LOT to do with us winning the comp in 2005.

Fantastic

Balmain fans will probably say he is after his tactics possibly cost them a grand final victory

No rules were breached so why even bring it up?

Did you miss the part where Sheens had a CEO fired because he dared put accountabillity on him?

They benefitted in 1990 and 91, But by 1992 the following players left the club Martin, Bell, Gale, Twigg, Gregory, Fritz, Boyd, Todd, Lazarus, Gaffey and Barnhill and basically their whole reserve grade side. Most of those players were replaced by junior players or unheralded players like Wiki, Lomax, Nadruku etc

So according to you Craig Bellamy, Trent Robinson, Warren Ryan and Tim Sheens are all poor or at least flawed coaches, Can you name 5 good coaches ?

So the form of the first picked in first grade by Tim Sheens Benji Marshall and the Tim Sheens signing Scott Prince were both pivotal in the Tigers success? I thought they were also well backed up by the first picked in first grade by Tim Sheens Robbie Farah and Tim Sheens signing Brett Hodgson but maybe that is just me.

This was the last team the Tigers had before Sheens took over.

1. Daniel Fitzhenry
2. Hassan Saleh
3. Kevin McGuinness
4. Matt Seers
5. Joel Caine
6. John Wilson
7. Lincoln Withers
8. Corey Pearson (c)
9. Robert Mears
10. John Skandalis
11. Mark O'Neill
12. Willie Manu
13. Troy Wozniak

15. Anthony Laffranchi
16. Luke O'Donnell
17. Steve Trindall
19. Steven Crouch

As you can see Sheens did a terrible job taking a team of this ability 3 years to win the premiership. Imagine if they hired a better coach they would have won 12 premierships in a row. I can just see it now year after year of Corey Pearson lifting the Proven Summons trophy. He made a huge mistake only picking 4 of those players in the 2005 Grand Final.

Okay, he got a CEO fired but what have the Tigers done before or since Sheens arrival to give him such vitriol? No other coach in the history of the joint venture has come close to what he did and even pre joint venture only Warren Ryan made a grand final before then you have to go back 50 years.

I'm not saying Sheens is the greatest coach ever and he was probably past his best at the end but he is easily one of the best 10 coaches of the limited tackle era in any metric you wish to measure. So always saying he is the worst coach of all time like this website does is beyond geniused Sheens gets more abuse as a coach than someone like Paul Langmack or numerous other coaches who were a million times worse and it's ridiculous.

It would be like if there was a meme saying Brett Kenny is the worst five-eighth ever and people were saying Terry Martin as a five-eighth he was about as good as Brett Kenny because he has a crap last couple of years at Parramatta. It's just stupid and it's something I will never understand.

Especially since the Tigers have done f**k all since he left so it's not like he held them back from anything.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sheens looks like a dirty old grandad these days lol. I’ve never seen him without a cap on in three years! Doing a reasonable job with our dog sht squad at Rovers.

77FC2BF3-F973-44B5-BDC0-94D97F0D5992.png

footy75

Bench
Should of won last two games but threw good leads away.

Would be sitting pretty right now.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
This is not about who has or hasn’t got good squads.

This is about how a bald headed, drink driving, intellectually stunted, excuse mongering, finger pointing, player killing, soul destroying ‘coach’ can be resigned by an administration that needs to be flushed faster than an after-grog bog. Said coach then proceed to play a 33 yo forward for 66 minutes consecutively, but choose to sub the younger, more talented and stronger prop for 53 minutes and choose to sub a centre dubbed ‘the gifted one’, by the current SOO coach for a centre who can’t read the game, gives stupid penalties away, can’t pass and is effectively an out-of-water platypus for a player.

Saints have an excellent roster. We have talent and experience and should be a top 4 team with the way we’ve collected players and put things together.

Instead, we’re languishing with 3 losses on the trot and have traded our choking tag for something more akin to Souths in the late 90’s.

We’re a disgrace because of our coach.

Saints are f**ked. f**k you Saints, you break mine and all our other supporters hearts. I’d set fire to my jersey’s if I could see through the tears in my eyes.
6/10.
Needs more Kiwi-isms.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is the meltdown a sort of Parra version of the dragons annual choke....but quicker?

And more regular. Because everyone melts down one week, then we win and the club is finally all good again and we're gonna win it all, then we lose and it's back to the meltdown