What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints teams for Melbourne & Newtown matches...

Southernsaint

Staff member
From: http://www.dragons.com.au/news/static/article_1654.asp

International St.George Bank Dragons prop Luke Bailey is the only change to the line-up to play the Storm in Melbourne this weekend, with coach Nathan Brown rewarding the side which upset the Warriors last Saturday.

Bailey, who missed last weekend’s match on suspension, has returned to the starting line-up, with Ashton Sims going back to the bench.

Brown has named a six-man bench including Justin Poore, Brent Kite, Lincoln Withers, Tony Jensen and Nathan Long (who did not play last Saturday in Auckland because of a knee injury).

Meanwhile, Dragons centre Mark Gasnier, who returned to training with the St George Bank Dragons this morning as planned, will play in Premier League against the Newtown Jets on Saturday alongside Brett Firman.

Gasnier was granted leave last Thursday and missed the Warriors game in Auckland, while Firman was relegated last week to regain confidence after his second shoulder reconstruction.

NRL (Rd 3)
v Melbourne Storm
3.00pm Sunday 28 March
Olympic Park Premier League (Rd 3)

1. Ben HORNBY
2. Nathan BLACKLOCK
3. David HOWELL
4. Matt COOPER
5. Reece SIMMONDS
6. Shaun TIMMINS (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Ryan POWELL
10. Lance THOMPSON
11. Dean YOUNG
12. Mark RIDDELL
13. Michael HOWELL

14. Ashton SIMS
15. Brent KITE
16. Justin POORE
17. Lincoln WITHERS
18. Tony JENSEN
19. Nathan LONG

* TWO TO BE OMITTED

Premier League (Rd 3)
v Newtown Jets
4.30pm Saturday 27 March
Henson Park
Coach: Nathan Brown Coach: Michael Potter

1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Andrew FREW
3. Mark GASNIER
4. Ben CREAGH
5. John CARLAW
6. Lachlan RUSSELL
7 . Brett FIRMAN
8. David TANGATA-TOA
9. Aaron GORRELL
10. Michael HENDERSON
11. Bryan NORRIE
12. Willie LEYSHON
13. Stacey KATU

14. Wycliff PALU
15. Aaron WHEATLEY
16. John OLZARD
17. Wade HUMPHREYS

Good to see Browny sticking to his principles & selecting a pretty much unchanged side. Gaz should have a good re-introduction to footy after his break, and playing outside Firman in his first game back in Reggies is an added bonus.

Is anyone going to Henson on Saturday?? If so, come back here & let us know how how they went...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Bluebag

Juniors
That is a very strong lineup, but I am confidant the battling blues can cause an upset. Are there any dragon fans making the short trip down to Henson for this game this will be a great opportunity to see how Gasnier goes and get autographs as Henson does not have seperate player areas.

Simon

Juniors
No it's not a typo. Powell is at 9 and Riddell is at 12. This is the way they started against the Warriors last week as well. Riddell played all of the game against the Warriors in the back row, with Powell starting at dummy half until Withers came on.

Lisa

Come on Dragons!.....I have some Melbourne 'friends' I need to shut up for the rest of the year. I can't throw John Ribot in their face anymore. Bugger! :(

Benny

First Grade
If the Jets can knock off our Premier league side with the star studded backline i'd be very impressed!

Southernsaint

Staff member
izzo said:
We got Craig Field and Alf Duncan 8)

You could do worse than getting Craig Field back in the Bunnies #7 jersey. He's playing really well for the Jets apparently...

How's Dean Byrne going?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.