What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints v QLD

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Thurston and Tonga were shut down today. Gasnier gave Tonga a bath, just like he did Inglis. They will both be in the QLD side. Matt Scott is an awesome player but he didn't get over the top of anyone.

I'm happy. Very happy actually. Saints just keep on getting better.

Saints defence could hold QLD. They are a great team and you really cant stop Slater, so why not pick the set structures? It makes perfect sense to me. I'd say the same thing if it were another club.

Bucket

Bench
saints would certainly give them a real good run for their money and I would suggest in a 3 game series against saints, that the dragons would at least jag one win

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Saints have been fantastic for 3 seasons now., and their defence is as good as anyone in the last decade if not longer (wouldn't mind seeing 2011 Dragons vs 1995 Dogs).

However, imo they'd struggle big time against QLD. Could they win? Sure, maybe 1 out of 10 at the most. More often than not they'd get done comfortably.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
What if you made it Dragons vs QLD's players but wearing Rabbitohs jerseys?

Given all the QLD players suddenly morph into players 50% better than the form they display during the regular season as soon as they put on the maroon jersey, maybe that would make it a closer battle, lol.

Talanexor

Juniors
I think the QLD spine alone would be worth at least $2 million. Outside backs probably worth another 1.5 mil. Forward pack would be worth another 1.5 mil. Bench another 1.5 mil

$6.5 million in playing talent in the QLD side at least. While the salary cap exists, NO club side would even come close.

dogslife

Coach
I don't think you can judge a sides ability based on their salaries. Chris Sandow case in point

anjado

Juniors
Thurston and Tonga were shut down today. Gasnier gave Tonga a bath, just like he did Inglis. They will both be in the QLD side. Matt Scott is an awesome player but he didn't get over the top of anyone.

I'm happy. Very happy actually. Saints just keep on getting better.

Saints defence could hold QLD. They are a great team and you really cant stop Slater, so why not pick the set structures? It makes perfect sense to me. I'd say the same thing if it were another club.

Matt Scott 16 hit ups, 149 metres

last time other Queensland front rowers faced St George

David Shillington 20 hit ups, 185 metres.

Sam Thaiday 21 hit ups, 161 metres.

Petero and Hannant haven't faced the Dragons this season or last yet. So haven't counted them.

Is there anyway you could see St George stopping all these men just marching over them ?

St George's defence is very good but they wouldn't beat Queensland i am 1000 percent sure of that Queensland would be so dominant up the middle St George would be pinned in there own half set after set.

boxa777

Coach
Well we'll get some idea now. 7 in. A great achievement. Would have been 8 if Cooper made himself available..

matrightyeh

Juniors
yeh great effort well done
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Noa

First Grade
A much superior Parra team had a shit-load in once, they got flogged by an inferior team to this QLD one, but this thread keeps delivering

Latest posts