What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap 2014

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rowe is a real old school fullback. Very safe, solid defender, quick and a brilliant support player. However most coaches these days like their fullbacks to be ball players. As others have said he is probably more likely to end up on the wing if he were to play first grade. Maybe a center if he bulked up a bit, he can hit a hole and we don't have much depth there.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Each to their own view (which I respect) but I still believe Rowe will end up being our No1. Tedesco has played well but Rowe with his pace brings a new dimension to the position. He regularly beats tackles whereas Tedesco is fortunate if he beats one. During a game this year Tedesco gave chase but couldn't tackle the player close to the sidleine; he wasn't quick enough. I thought at the time had Rowe been there he would have nailed it. Just my thoughts and everyone has their own views.

macnaz

Staff member
Im not having a go at you R2 but when u mentioned Teddy is lucky to make one tackle break he actually averaged 3 a game.. with a total of 47 for the year. As you have said tho his pace is down a bit so I guess those tackle breaks didnt necessarily result in big obvious line breaks. I think once his fractured leg is 100% and he is more confident with his knee we will see his speed and step improve and the clean line breaks will follow.
And im also a fan of Rowe but I think he still needs to put on some kilo's and be tested in state cup first.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
And im also a fan of Rowe but I think he still needs to put on some kilo's and be tested in state cup first.

This times 1000%

Rowe is also one of the most inconsistent performers in the NYC side.

He has potential but is a long way off where Teddy is right now.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the re-signing of several exciting players for the 2014 season and beyond.
Here is a list of players the Club has re-signed:
- Kurtis Rowe for two years
- Taqele Naiyaravaro for two years (good to see the big guy back again, hope he gets some NRL time)
- Andy Fiagatusa for two years ditto this signing
- Michael Bullock for one year
- Asipeli Fine for one year
- Jarred Farlow for one year

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Wests-Tigers-resign-several-exciting-players/84398

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some players off contract at other clubs who would be good for depth
Dane Chisholm - Halves, wing, fullback
David Gower - Back Row
Geoff Daniela - Centre
Tom Symonds - Back Row
Daniel Moroko - Wing
Zane Tetevano - Prop
Atelea Vea - Back Row

I stress, that this is the pick of the bunch remaining who could provide depth in areas where we are a bit short

gronkathon

First Grade
Tetvano is a beast with a iffy attitude. BUT seeing what Potter did with BMM he would be worth a look/

Vea will never come back

Ghipo

Juniors
Each to their own view (which I respect) but I still believe Rowe will end up being our No1. Tedesco has played well but Rowe with his pace brings a new dimension to the position. He regularly beats tackles whereas Tedesco is fortunate if he beats one. During a game this year Tedesco gave chase but couldn't tackle the player close to the sidleine; he wasn't quick enough. I thought at the time had Rowe been there he would have nailed it. Just my thoughts and everyone has their own views.
When are you going to stop bagging Tedesco..no matter what he does you always abuse him. there is nothing fortunate about being voted rookie of the year. Shows what are poor judge you are.

Rowe and Tedesco are the same age. If Rowe is so good why wasn't he playing NRL ? lol
I see canterbury are now chasing Tedesco..you better tell them how good Rowe is they might want him instead.

I watched your little friend Rowe in the semi finals and I just can't make up my mind who he reminds me of...Sometimes it's Moltzen like when he is running away from high balls and at other times he reminds me of Mullaney like when he sticks an arm out and shouts touched but the ball carrier doesn't stop.

gronkathon

First Grade
He has a better attitude then either of those players though.

A few seasons of State Cup might just make him as a player

Radical Rat

Juniors
When are you going to stop bagging Tedesco..no matter what he does you always abuse him. there is nothing fortunate about being voted rookie of the year. Shows what are poor judge you are.

Rowe and Tedesco are the same age. If Rowe is so good why wasn't he playing NRL ? lol
I see canterbury are now chasing Tedesco..you better tell them how good Rowe is they might want him instead.

I watched your little friend Rowe in the semi finals and I just can't make up my mind who he reminds me of...Sometimes it's Moltzen like when he is running away from high balls and at other times he reminds me of Mullaney like when he sticks an arm out and shouts touched but the ball carrier doesn't stop.

He had a shocker.

R2Coupe

Juniors

Rowe is 19, Tedesco is 20.

Rowe has represented both the Aust Schoolboys and Junior Kiwis.

If Tedesco goes to the Dogs, we have a good replacement in Rowe with young Farrell in NYC plus Alofi coming from Keebra as backups.

As I said, I respect differing views.

Ghipo

Juniors
Rowe is 19, Tedesco is 20.

Rowe has represented both the Aust Schoolboys and Junior Kiwis.

If Tedesco goes to the Dogs, we have a good replacement in Rowe with young Farrell in NYC plus Alofi coming from Keebra as backups.

As I said, I respect differing views.

You respect Nothing. You have been abusing James Tedesco since day 1...for whatever reason...Maybe he took your little boys place..Mrs Mullaney. Get over it.

They were both born in 1993 they are the same age...they both played under 16's at the same time they both played under 18's at the same time. Tedesco also represented Australian schoolboys but his now gone past all the junior rep stages and is playing against men while your little mate has been left behind.

The reason Tedesco is not playing in the junior rep game is because his playing for Italy in the big boys comp ..not to mention both Tedesco and Sirro also played for the big boys once again when representing CITY rather than the junior grade under 20's.

Rowe had to wait for Tedesco to be promoted to NRL to get a run in under20's.

There is nothing to prove that Rowe will be anywhere near a first grader.

Ohh and don't worry about Tedesco going to the dogs..lol..that was just a hint for you and your little mate.

"Harry has been a long-term and passionate supporter of Wests Tigers," Di Girolamo said. "He wanted to be happy with where the club was heading. Harry was really happy with the playing group, the young blokes like [Luke] Brooks, [Mitchell] Moses, [Tim] Simona, [Marika] Koroibete and [David] Nofoaluma. He thinks 'Teddy' [James Tedesco] is a superstar in the making and, of course, he is a massive fan of Robbie Farah.

R2Coupe

Juniors
According to the press release from WTs on his recent new contract, Rowe is 19.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19320

In 2011, Rowe was still on the Gold Coast at Keebra Park

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=366424&page=3

In 2011, Tedesco was playing Toyota Cup,

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/backyard-field-of-gold/story-e6frfgbo-1226288194115

Don't bother responding. I won't waste my time reading your tripe again.

And Italy is the big boys in Rugby League? In soccer definitely.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Don't worry yourself about him Ghipo. The guy is just an A grade troll looking to push buttons, we all know that. Your just playing into his game.
Like you quoted Harry thinks Tedesco is a future superstar I think his opinion carries a bit more weight than a grubby troll.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't know what you Deriks are talking about but Tedesco is:
a. Not going anywhere. He will be a Tiger for a while
b. a gun fullback in the making.

He is not going to the f**king bulldogs you muppets.

TYGA

Juniors
According to the press release from WTs on his recent new contract, Rowe is 19.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19320

In 2011, Rowe was still on the Gold Coast at Keebra Park

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=366424&page=3

In 2011, Tedesco was playing Toyota Cup,

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/backyard-field-of-gold/story-e6frfgbo-1226288194115

Don't bother responding. I won't waste my time reading your tripe again.

And Italy is the big boys in Rugby League? In soccer definitely.

Champ Tedesco is a far better player and will show it next year. I just don't know where you are going with this I am not sure anyone has the same opinion as you.