What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
I personally think the Eels as an organisation should sue the NRL and the DT.

Sue the NRL for releasing private information about an active investigation, which they cannot be allowed to do, surely. If a member of the NRL "integrity" unit is leaking information about an ongoing investigation, they should be taken to task, right now.

Sue the DT for printing such information, which I doubt will do any good, but if nothing else shows that we will stand up for ourselves.

Sue the NRL for releasing private information about an active investigation, which they cannot be allowed to do, surely. If a member of the NRL "integrity" unit is leaking information about an ongoing investigation, they should be taken to task, right now.

Sue the DT for printing such information, which I doubt will do any good, but if nothing else shows that we will stand up for ourselves.

Leaking of info goes on everywhere. It's not like it doesn't happen and hasn't happened before.

Ummm, you've first got to establish what has happened in such a way as can be presented (and believed) in court. No sure on what grounds you could 'sue' the NRL at this point.

You can't sue the DT for simply printing secrets. You've got to show that they are defamatory, and then they may argue that the allegations are substantially true. We'll have to wait and see.

ash411

Bench
Leaking of info goes on everywhere. It's not like it doesn't happen and hasn't happened before.

You should be mad about this, and you would be if it didn't serve your goal. The thing you also need to remember, while it's making you tingle in your no no place, it's also doing severe harm to the club.

Do you honestly think if the board resigned tomorrow that all this damage just goes away? we're going to carry this stink with us for years.. and you're f**king HAPPY ABOUT IT?

ash411

Bench
Ummm, you've first got to establish what has happened in such a way as can be presented (and believed) in court. No sure on what grounds you could 'sue' the NRL at this point.

You can't sue the DT for simply printing secrets. You've got to show that they are defamatory, and then they may argue that the allegations are substantially true. We'll have to wait and see.

like I said, suing the DT probably wouldn't bear fruit, the NRL however.. that's a different story.

The DT have printed that they got this info from the NRL. The NRL are the only ones (other than us) who have this information, and I can't believe that it would be allowed for them to make this information public while an investigation is going on.

I think the NRL suit would be an open and shut case. Regardless of whether the information is defamatory or not, they released information to the media that pertains to an ongoing, active investigation, which I can't believe is allowed at all.

If this was a criminal investigation it would be grounds to have all that evidence stricken and possible even the entire case dismissed.

Avenger

Immortal
The reporter from the Telegraph was talking to Triple M this morning. Basically if you listen to him carefully he admitted that the ramifications will be for some board members to quit or risk losing points. It is so obvious that this is just a smear campaign. The people who are leaking this shit are immoral garbage with vengeance as their primary motivator.

ash411

Bench
The reporter from the Telegraph was talking to Triple M this morning. Basically if you listen to him carefully he admitted that the ramifications will be for some board members to quit or risk losing points. It is so obvious that this is just a smear campaign. The people who are leaking this shit are immoral garbage with vengeance as their primary motivator.

and the telegraph will continue to help them as long as it is selling papers, which is all they care about.

You should be mad about this, and you would be if it didn't serve your goal. The thing you also need to remember, while it's making you tingle in your no no place, it's also doing severe harm to the club.

Do you honestly think if the board resigned tomorrow that all this damage just goes away? we're going to carry this stink with us for years.. and you're f**king HAPPY ABOUT IT?

I'm very mad :x:x some say that's my constipated face but I digress.

Of course I'm upset. I'm upset at the potential loss of competition points which will destroy our season. I'm upset at how the club is dragged through the mud by the lack of leadership and good governance which was promised but not delivered. And why???

Captain plunger has let us down so many times. And it seems that we will be made an example of by the NRL. Captain plunger will blame afghani Warlords and everything under the sun but himself. When will you guys wake up to this fact? When we've lost points and players ? It will be too late then. It is very sad.

ash411

Bench
I'm very mad :x:x some say that's my constipated face but I digress.

Of course I'm upset. I'm upset at the potential loss of competition points which will destroy our season. I'm upset at how the club is dragged through the mud by the lack of leadership and good governance which was promised but not delivered. And why???

Captain plunger has let us down so many times. And it seems that we will be made an example of by the NRL. Captain plunger will blame afghani Warlords and everything under the sun but himself. When will you guys wake up to this fact? When we've lost points and players ? It will be too late then. It is very sad.

so who's running to the DT every other day feeding them story ideas? who went to them in the first place? I suppose that was Sharp too, right? he's leaking information to the media to ruin the club's reputation for what? S**t's and giggles?

The simple truth is the club was a mess when the new board took over, as it was when the previous board took over. I'll grant you that they haven't done the best job so far, but they seem to me to be trying to get themselves to a point where the mistakes of the past don't hang over their heads anymore, so they can try to begin effectively running the club.

Don't YOU see that? Until all the problems we have (old and new) are fully sorted out, no board will be able to run this club, it'll be like running through 4 feet of mud.

so who's running to the DT every other day feeding them story ideas? who went to them in the first place? I suppose that was Sharp too, right? he's leaking information to the media to ruin the club's reputation for what? S**t's and giggles?

The simple truth is the club was a mess when the new board took over, as it was when the previous board took over. I'll grant you that they haven't done the best job so far, but they seem to me to be trying to get themselves to a point where the mistakes of the past don't hang over their heads anymore, so they can try to begin effectively running the club.

Don't YOU see that? Until all the problems we have (old and new) are fully sorted out, no board will be able to run this club, it'll be like running through 4 feet of mud.

If there's nothing wrong that has been done, then there's nothing to worry about. We won't lose points or players. If there's nothing wrong being done what ammo do the factions have of leaking anything?? Fact is where there's smoke there's fire and in our case we have lots of smoke.

You know what will hurt the most if we were to win the Comp and to be found out that we were actually cheating we would be no better than those bastards from Melbourne.

Yes I firmly believe In a new board. It's the only way forward. A board free of factions truly independent and locked in for several years to make proper governance changes. They can be parra people but no affiliations. The current chairman looks as though he's made so many enemies. It's a perfect storm which he won't be able to combat.

And you know the writings on the wall when current investigations are being leaked. They are readying the parra supporters for punishment which will be heavy.

ash411

Bench
If there's nothing wrong that has been done, then there's nothing to worry about. We won't lose points or players. If there's nothing wrong being done what ammo do the factions have of leaking anything?? Fact is where there's smoke there's fire and in our case we have lots of smoke.

You know what will hurt the most if we were to win the Comp and to be found out that we were actually cheating we would be no better than those bastards from Melbourne.

Yes I firmly believe In a new board. It's the only way forward. A board free of factions truly independent and locked in for several years to make proper governance changes. They can be parra people but no affiliations. The current chairman looks as though he's made so many enemies. It's a perfect storm which he won't be able to combat.

And you know the writings on the wall when current investigations are being leaked. They are readying the parra supporters for punishment which will be heavy.

We still don't know that anything wrong has been done. All this "Smoke" you talk about is just that, smoke and mirrors. Meeting minutes taken out of context, unsubstantiated, out of context payments we have no idea what they were for, but of course you're assuming it's all bad because that's what you want to believe. If you look at it objectively, there's no actual, concrete evidence of wrong doing at all (apart of course for the breaches we've already been punished for, which was dumb and stupid, yes, but that's over with). Show me one piece of concrete evidence (not provided by the DT, none of which is), then we can talk about what they've done wrong. So far the only thing they did was keep DT out of the board, and throw Spags on his arse. That's what they're being punished for right now.

Here's the problem with your idea. Any board that doesn't consist of DF will instantly have enemies the second they take control of the club. This is the bit you don't get, cause you have the same attitude, DF doesn't think Sharp=bad, he thinks not-DF=bad. It won't matter who it is that is in charge or for how long, as long as DF isn't in charge, he'll want to be, and he'll do anything to get it back. I don't think that Spags has anything to do with all this, apart from cheering from the sidelines, this stinks of DF, especially after the "I'll save you" article in the DT.

He will continue the undermine the club administration while he isn't in control of it. Makes no difference who is there.

84 Baby

Referee

This has always been a problem with the sensationalist printed news especially. What the court's opinion of defamation is doesn't necessarily gel with damage that can be done by swaying Joe Dumbass' opinion. Especially when all they need to do is put an "alleged" here and there, and then at worst have to print a minute retraction that will get a poofteenth of the click/air/talk time

ash411

Bench
Sorry I just found the "Warlords" statement from captain plunger amusing. He must of encountered the afghani warlords on his last tour of toilet plumbing duty.

Yeah but the "warlord" analogy isn't exactly inaccurate. But hey, keep calling him plumbing names, it really helps your argument. You may as well call him a do-do head, it's just as immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.