What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salford beat St Helens

Jonotallica

Juniors
Phwoar, I didn't see the game, but apparently Saints fans are reeling after the Reds put the whammy on the Saints 30-20.

terracesider

Juniors
It's not the first hiding Saints have had lately.

72619519141021f0fb5cd0.jpg

The excuse will no doubt be no Scully or Long. I can believe that. Without those two (and Gleeson who they sold to Wire) they are an ordinary side, there for the taking.

The good news- Salford are out of the relegation struggle.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Saints didn't actually play that badly to be honest, Salford won't play like that ever again. They were superb and controlled the game from the first minute to the last in all honesty. Only a Darren Albert length of the field romp and a break from Wellens to set up another try hauled Saints back to respectability.

Saints were without Sculthorpe and Long but also lost Hooper to a suspected broken cheekbone very early on too. With Cunningham as out of sorts as it is possible to get there was just no creativity and the fact that we only had 2 props against 4 meant Fozzard and Mason wilted in the heat.

With our 6,7 and 13 out long term now Saints are very much there for the taking. I think EVERY away game till the end of the season will see Saints getting hammered. The Wigan game in two weeks could break records if they get some of their props back.

bartman

Immortal
At least Saints are so far ahead of the 6th place contenders they can lose (almost) every game from here and still hang onto 5th place.

Wakefield should hang onto 6th from here. London has a tough draw from here, and may go winless. But may still finish one point ahead of Cas unless there's some daramatic upset?

terracesider

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
With our 6,7 and 13 out long term now Saints are very much there for the taking. I think EVERY away game till the end of the season will see Saints getting hammered.

You've still got Fartown to play and the way we're playing I have to disagree :roll:

Sheddy

Juniors
Salford were fantastic simple as against a St Helens side that had a week previous hammered Huddersfield Giants 50-10. Kevin McGuiness (former Manly) was the star man playing at stand-off and running rings around Hooper, Roby and Higham.

We deserved this one after pushing Bradford and Wigan close on several occasions.

GB Lion

Juniors
I heard Cunningham had a shocker and just played very average. :lol: #-o

As for the Super Saints.....roll on August 20th........Wigan V Saints!!!!!!

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Sheddy said:
Salford were fantastic simple as against a St Helens side that had a week previous hammered Huddersfield Giants 50-10. Kevin McGuiness (former Manly) was the star man playing at stand-off and running rings around Hooper, Roby and Higham.

We deserved this one after pushing Bradford and Wigan close on several occasions.

McGuinness ran rings round Hooper? :lol:

Hooper went off with a suspected broken cheekbone in about the 5th minute so McGuinness must have been quick!