What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess

southsport

First Grade
At Eastgardens for those that are interested.

At Bondi Pizza Tuesday October 10th 6pm-7pm.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi The Joker you really are a card...Shadow...
images
Shadow...

Travitoh

First Grade
Sam features on the latest Matty Johns podcast and it's a really good listen. Would recommend.

Pommy

Coach
Sam features on the latest Matty Johns podcast and it's a really good listen. Would recommend.

Listening to it now, was part of his bet to slide in to a shit Australian accent at different points in this interview? It’s really odd at times.

Travitoh

First Grade
Listening to it now, was part of his bet to slide in to a shit Australian accent at different points in this interview? It’s really odd at times.

I noticed it a couple of times and thought it was him taking the piss

Travitoh

First Grade
I know people who came as kids and haven’t developed one I hope I never do it sounds really f**king weird when it’s mixed like that.

It comes down to the individual and who they hang around with i think. I can remember Harry Kewell having a hybrid accent having spent a large amount of his life in England.
I had an uncle who kept his English accent and an aunty who lost hers. Even i have a few phrases that sound English I'm told.

Pommy

Coach
It comes down to the individual and who they hang around with i think. I can remember Harry Kewell having a hybrid accent having spent a large amount of his life in England.
I had an uncle who kept his English accent and an aunty who lost hers. Even i have a few phrases that sound English I'm told.

Yeah there’s a guy at work who I had no idea was pommy born and bred. His Australian accent isn’t thick but it’s certainly overpowered his English one between moving at 25 and his mid 40s now.
My accent did change a little when I was in the navy and around all different kinds of UK and commonwealth accents daily. Really hope I don’t turn in to a full on bogan ha.

Also Sam out with a long standing infection isn’t ideal.

LittleWayne

Juniors

Not just that, if your from the north of England you don’t sound “English” to Ozzie’s. Scottish or Irish is the usual guess. It’s easier to adopt the accent so you can get on.

The lad I went travelling with got a Ozzie accent as we stepped on the tarmac.