What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Williams

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
FTR I am not a Raiders fan coming out to say that Sam Williams is the greatest halfback since Johns just like I didn't come out and say that Josh Dugan is better than Hayne, Slater and Jesus combined. But can't wait to see them both develop and Sam on the weekend. Long may both stay in green.

user_nat

Coach
He has played 1 game.

He could be Corey Norman mark 2. Hyped up to be the next big thing after 1 NRL game only to never reach those heights again. U20s stars don't always transition very well.
Or.. He could be the greatest player ever.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He has played 1 game.

He could be Corey Norman mark 2. Hyped up to be the next big thing after 1 NRL game only to never reach those heights again. U20s stars don't always transition very well.

Yeah. You're right.

I'm backing him without hesitation though.

G.I.

Juniors
he looks good but is apparently in this week because orford is injured...cant be certain how true that is and if he'll keep a spot after that but i reckon if they lose this weekend he'll be back in the 20's next week. furner seems to love orford and its pretty obvious they want to stick with him.

plus even if williams keeps a spot over orford campese is due back in a month or two so i cant see him playing too much first-grade this year when mccrone is doing pretty well. mccrone and campese had a good little partnership going at the end of last year.

definitely one to watch but i doubt 2011 will be his year. the raiders definitely look like they want him to keep developing in the 20's at the moment.

Slackboy72

Coach
He played one OK game against a Cronulla side that was out on their feet after 15 minutes.
He has everything to prove still.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Why did Canberra sign Orford again? surely they could have persisted with McCrone and Williams until Campese was fit. And if that failed just bought a guy like scott porter or Tim smith at a third of the cost of Orford.

Eels Dude

Coach
He has played 1 game.

This. The list of kids that get talked up as juniors yet fail to deliver at NRL level is staggering. Good luck to him, but let him play a few games first before starting threads talking up how how what a sensation they'll be. Unless this Dragons fan is just stirring the pot he's better off keeping his mouth shut.

just some merge fan with a well below average IQ (ranks high amongst his own fans though) trying to be a bit of a smartass by build us up. i'd ignore it

he's a great talent, but he has got a long way to go

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Jesus. His NYC Coach is talking him up, as i've posted.

No troll. I have watched him since he was 15.

I look forward to bumping this thread when I'm proved right & I look forwrad to you all doing it if I'm wrong.

Raider_69

Post Whore
steady as she goes but the kid has massive potential and im so SO glad to have the kid on contract for another 2 years.
Im backing the kid to be a very good player... SOO player? Way to early, ill be happy if he develops in a top class NRL halfback

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm going out on a limb for sure. I believe it though and I will back him to make me correct.

He's got things in his game you can't teach.

applesauce

Bench
Why did Canberra sign Orford again? surely they could have persisted with McCrone and Williams until Campese was fit. And if that failed just bought a guy like scott porter or Tim smith at a third of the cost of Orford.

This!

It would of also allowed Para to take him, he would of been a great addition to Dads Army. :lol:

Dragon

Coach
just some merge fan with a well below average IQ (ranks high amongst his own fans though) trying to be a bit of a smartass by build us up. i'd ignore it

he's a great talent, but he has got a long way to go

Jeez how insecure can you get? :lol:

Ezy

Juniors

The idea of playing half the 2011 comp with a vastly inexperienced halves pairing could not have been very enticing. A fit, ready to rock Orford was exactly what the squad needed in Campese's absence.

We now know that Orford wasn't fit, firing or even given the opportunity to train with the first grade squad for more than a couple of weeks before the start of the season. However, while the decision has obviously proved to be a howler on the field (at least during the first month of football), Orford's influence on our young halves off the field can't be underestimated. We did the same thing with Jason Smith/Todd Carney, and the results are there for all to see.

Bazal

Post Whore
Williams will be a star, would love him at Parramatta. He's got the talent that a lot of NYC players have, but he has the head on his shoulders that the failures lack. He'll go far.

jonno_knights

Juniors
The idea of playing half the 2011 comp with a vastly inexperienced halves pairing could not have been very enticing. A fit, ready to rock Orford was exactly what the squad needed in Campese's absence.

We now know that Orford wasn't fit, firing or even given the opportunity to train with the first grade squad for more than a couple of weeks before the start of the season. However, while the decision has obviously proved to be a howler on the field (at least during the first month of football), Orford's influence on our young halves off the field can't be underestimated. We did the same thing with Jason Smith/Todd Carney, and the results are there for all to see.

I know Campese is still fairly young, but he seems mature beyond his years. Surely he could be the mentor off the field for a guys like Williams.

Also Canberra signed Orford to a 2 year deal didnt they? Probably the 2 yrs was to get it over the line, but what the hell are they going to do next year (or the back end of this year for that matter), when you have a fit Campese, McCrone and Williams. I know its a good headache to have when you have a number of quality halves, but Orfords money could be used to purchase a decent hooker, cause thats Canberra weak link atm.

Latest posts