What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same score

saint frank

Juniors
Hey guys

A bit rusty but a solid effort great d. 28-0 was the same score we beat them in 2006 and the last semi win we have had. Why is it that we have these weird same score wins didn't we beat the broncos with ethe same score a couple of years ago twice in the semis by 20-4.

I want to play the tigers in the next semi cause 2005 still hurts I want some revenge. If we play the raiders we a due for a win against them.

what do you think

TheRev

Coach
- Was solid 60 mins, then good confidence booster to cut loose in the last 20 minutes.
- We defended well, not even 1 close try all game
- Manly were pretty ordinary though, they didnt sustain attack on us apart from that 1 period in the 1st half, but in their defence they were really struggling with injuries/suspensions and I think a 1-man bench in the 2nd half, so frankly id be worried if we couldnt finish over the top, but end of the day we did, and thats what its all about, were into Round 3, 1 good game from a GF.
- For sure we will be playing Canberra in Round 3, cant see the Tigers winning without Marshall, but hopefully he will play with injury cause it will be a high-scoring affair between those 2...
- I think we need Merrin in earlier, he was making some big strong meters
- Hopefully Soward and Weyman pull up ok, both had injuries at some point I think.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
At one point in the 1st half they'd had 26 tackles in our 20. A few back to back. The only way they were going to score was a fluke bounce off a kick, or if a bloke raced out with a bag of weed and made a quick sale.

We were only good today. Bennett will tinker with the engine and we'll come out steaming in 2 weeks.

Today wasn't a final, it was a game against inferior opposition. The next game will be all to play for and against better opposition, by a long way.

Costigan was carnage today, Smith is getting his fitness and abrasiveness back, Creagh ploughed into them, Prior followed orders, Young was hard at it grafting away and the backs had a good hitout/confidence booster.

Big Norm

LatK7

First Grade
We've been due for a win against Canberra for way too long! They worry me though...

BigNormProvan

Juniors
We've been due for a win against Canberra for way too long! They worry me though...

Personally, I don't recon they'd want anything to do with us until the last game. If we both get there.

Playing Canberra in Canberra or, Canberra in Sydney with a mountain of Red and White in the seats is a whole new ball game.

Big Norm

BIKER DRAGON

Juniors
Personally, I don't recon they'd want anything to do with us until the last game. If we both get there.

Canberra in Sydney with a mountain of Red and White in the seats is a whole new ball game.

Big Norm

Spot on Norm can't wait to see it revenge will be sweet:lol:

TheRev

Coach

Playing Canberra in Canberra or, Canberra in Sydney with a mountain of Red and White in the seats is a whole new ball game.

yar but thats not an option, we have to play Canberra or a very under-strength Tigers outfit in Round 3 (and itll be a crackign game, our first sudden death)..

Roosters/Canberra/Titans are probably the only 3 teams left with any decent personnel on deck, and we have to beat 2 of em, which we can certainly do if we play well.

At one point in the 1st half they'd had 26 tackles in our 20. A few back to back. The only way they were going to score was a fluke bounce off a kick, or if a bloke raced out with a bag of weed and made a quick sale.

We were only good today. Bennett will tinker with the engine and we'll come out steaming in 2 weeks.

Today wasn't a final, it was a game against inferior opposition. The next game will be all to play for and against better opposition, by a long way.

Costigan was carnage today, Smith is getting his fitness and abrasiveness back, Creagh ploughed into them, Prior followed orders, Young was hard at it grafting away and the backs had a good hitout/confidence booster.

Big Norm

Cooper's defence was brilliant also, he's in good form at perfect time. How good was Gasnier try at the end! that will give him some more confidence!