What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung Monitor Help

___

Juniors
Hi guys just wondering if someone here can help me with an issue I have with my home setup.

I currently have a Samsung 34" CJ791 Ultra-Wide Curved QLED WQHD Monitor. This monitor is connected to my laptop using a high-speed USB-C cable. The laptop visual comes up on the monitor, and the laptop also gets charged while the monitor is on and in use meaning I do not need to use my laptop charger at all.

I also have a desktop PC, and this is also connected to the same monitor using a HDMI cable. I have the monitor source settings as follows:

Auto Source Switch - On
USB-C Switch - On

So the monitor should pickup whichever source is turned on - either laptop or desktop.

For some reason this doesn't work. I use the laptop 5 days a week for work, so USB-C is manually selected, however when I turn on my desktop PC on the weekend, the monitor source doesn't automatically switch to HDMI as it should - I need to manually go into my monitor settings and change the source to HDMI to get the visual of my desktop.

Any idea what I can do to fix this? I am using Windows 10 if that helps.

Thank you.

Latest posts