What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandor Earl joins Melbourne Storm

GongPanther

Referee
Finally, Sandor Earl’s NRL comeback can kick-off and it starts next month when he joins Melbourne for pre-season training.

Foxsports.com.au understands the 28-year-old has inked a one-year-deal with the Storm as he attempts to complete one of the great rugby league redemption stories.

The Storm are expected to confirm the signing this week with Earl posting on social media on Monday that; “It’s a special week.

“By weeks (sic) end we will announce a new chapter and a new beginning.

“I say WE because this journey has been a rollercoaster for so much more then (sic) myself. My partner Steph, my family, close friends, my manager and mentor and everyone who took even a second out of there (sic) day to offer me support.

“A new club opens the door to a group that will become family and brothers. I walk in a new man armed with a fresh perspective full of new goals and an extremely positive outlook on the future.”

Earl was exiled from the game in 2013 courtesy of a doping ban handed down by ASADA.

Earl’s suspension for trafficking of peptides ended in late August.

While several clubs registered interest in the winger, including the Dragons and Eels, he is now based in Melbourne.

Returning in peak physical condition, the fitness guru has been training solo.

Under the rules of his ASADA sanction, Earl was forbidden to associate with any sports team while suspended.

Pushing himself in the gym, a lean Earl has added muscle to his frame to better deal with the physical demands of the NRL.

While Earl and the Storm are yet to officially confirm the deal, Earl said he’s more determined than ever to make his return to the game a success.

“My mindset is to strip myself back to a first time rookie,” Earl continued to write on social media.

“I have overcome adversity and ultimately that will set me up for the greatest success.

“I have worked hard no doubt to get to this point BUT the hard work is only just beginning. I will work tirelessly at my trade, value every moment and take on new teachings to offer the best version of myself and be the best I can be.”

Over four seasons at the Roosters, Penrith and Canberra, Earl has scored 23 tries in 48 games.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/aa75abe55aa732569edd0f95a4984fd9

Done the crime,did the time.

Pedge1971

First Grade
get the bellamy fitness regime...play qcup o...out of the spotlight a bit....

thatd be why

Agreed. It will take him a year to get back into the swing of it. Goes into a good system, clocks up the games, gets a chance if any injuries and ifnhis form is solid becomes a good chance for 1st grade at another club in 2019.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
he's average. might go alright at a club like the titans or knights, but hardly talent worth the press he's gotten

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agreed. It will take him a year to get back into the swing of it. Goes into a good system, clocks up the games, gets a chance if any injuries and ifnhis form is solid becomes a good chance for 1st grade at another club in 2019.

Very altruistic of Melbourne!

Pedge1971

First Grade
he's average. might go alright at a club like the titans or knights, but hardly talent worth the press he's gotten

Would that be the same Knights that flogged Parra on their own ground when they had everything to play for last year?

I think you guys overachieved last year and may find it harder next year.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Would that be the same Knights that flogged Parra on their own ground when they had everything to play for last year?

I think you guys overachieved last year and may find it harder next year.

i just randomly picked some sides down the bottom of the ladder, and the ladder didn't lie

Latest posts