What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandor Earl joins Melbourne Storm

POPEYE

Coach
Sandor could do a Cheyse Blair, Second Fiddle might pay more in Melbourne than it does in Sydney

AJB1102

First Grade
Can't begrudge the bloke. Never was a fan but wish him well. He got hung out to dry big time and for the most part I seem to remember him copping it on the chin. Shows a good determination to have another crack after 4yrs out of the game. Storm aren't gonna sign a bloke who is in it for anything other than playing good footy.

mozza91

Coach
I must say I'm stunned.
With a fine history ranging from Robbie O, Richo and Mad Dog all the way to Jarrod Mullen (and let's not forget Joey's "self medication", and Danny Wicks' 3 years at Her Majesty's pleasure) i would have thought that Newcastle was the perfect fit for him.
No current cheats though. Melbourne have Slater, Smith, Bellamy and a returning Hoffman. All massive cheats.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I must say I'm stunned.
With a fine history ranging from Robbie O, Richo and Mad Dog all the way to Jarrod Mullen (and let's not forget Joey's "self medication", and Danny Wicks' 3 years at Her Majesty's pleasure) i would have thought that Newcastle was the perfect fit for him.

That would put us over our drug cap. You blokes on the other hand only have Bromwich, and Howe (that we know of). Bigger allowances under the cheat cap so you can have him....

Mister M

Juniors
Calculated risk by the Storm-- no club in the competition would be prepared to pay Sandor Earl more than a minimum contract to play next after such a long time out of the game. So despite the lack of 'need' for him within the starting side, Storm can put him on their books as cover for injuries/Origin period.

It's interesting that players are now starting to want to actually play for the Storm because of it's location as much as the quality of the side in Sandor Earl, Nat Myles & Ryan Hoffman. All three are experienced players; who are 'risks' but are being paid 'unders' on what they are worth because all 3 want to live in Melbourne.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
WTF are peptides and what do they actually do?

There are different types but as a generality the peptides used for performance enhancement, are a compound form of amino-acids that act to stimulate the body to produce additional hormones such as Testosterone and Human Growth Hormones which are beneficial typically for muscle / strength gains, fat burning / weight loss or to enhance recovery / cardio-vascular endurance. For obvious reasons, most athletes try to maximise these things as much as possible within the laws of their sport. Peptides weren’t on the radar of major sports for a long time, until they became more popular due to the rate of testing for steroids and other drugs, which are more effective because they basically just push bulk Testosterone and other drugs into the athlete’s systems.

Peptides are produced synthetically and are administered through daily or more frequent sub-cutaneous injections. As they are synthetically produced versions of naturally occuring amino-acids they are thought more likely by many (Dank and others included obviously) to avoid standardised performance enhancing drug testing, that anabolic steroids and elevated HGH levels don’t, but they aim to achieve virtually the same thing as traditional performance enhancing drugs.

mxlegend99

Referee
Calculated risk by the Storm-- no club in the competition would be prepared to pay Sandor Earl more than a minimum contract to play next after such a long time out of the game. So despite the lack of 'need' for him within the starting side, Storm can put him on their books as cover for injuries/Origin period.

It's interesting that players are now starting to want to actually play for the Storm because of it's location as much as the quality of the side in Sandor Earl, Nat Myles & Ryan Hoffman. All three are experienced players; who are 'risks' but are being paid 'unders' on what they are worth because all 3 want to live in Melbourne.
They might want to live there... but they arent exactly going to have better offers elsewhere. When was the last time any of these players was relevant enough to be in demand?

Bellamy is just good at taking players no one wants and getting the best out of them. So long as they have the right attitude.

Storm will never be like Broncos... where players supposedly sacrifice hundreds of thousands of dollars to play for minimum wage or not much above it (Mead. Roberts. Marshall. Sims etc.).