What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow lacking confidence

Nemesis

Bench
That is a hhuuggee crock of sh!t and you know it. Just look at the way Thurston played against the Broncos last week with the rtards he had around him.

Soufs are right now looking like being in the middle of the pack, fighting off the Tigers, Knights, Cowboys for 8th spot, instead of the top 4 side we kept hearing about all off season, and a big part of that is the side has no pivot taking charge and a weak kicking game.

Deny this all you want or deflect my points because of spelling, it still remains the truth, and its hurting you right now isn't it?
I wasn't talking to you Captain Cretin, nor do I give a flying f**k about your opinion. Not exactly mensa material are you? (refer post #32). Now run along.

I understand your frustration HOB, but have faith. The way we're playing atm, we'd make Thurston look ordinary if he were our no.7.

No need to panic just yet, as all will be right with the world again after round 3..... at least it f**king well better be lads!

Yep, you're right Nem.....years of frustration means all the hype and promise has given us false hope that this side will click instantly and lead the pack all the way to a final....not possible.

Their were glimpses of brilliance, but the Tits were bloody average and the Bunnies look like a set of individuals unaware of the men around them or how to link as a unit. I am ok with the forwards....they need a few weeks to gel and I would like to see Crocker and Ben Ross strengthen the bench sooner rather then later, but the half's are, and still remain our biggest liability.

It's like Sandow and Sutton require half the comp to work each other out again. Honestly, I believe the pair should be playing a natural, cohesive style of footy after almost three season together. Sandow's kicking game is abysmal. Really. Not at the right level to allow his team a genuine advantage and I hope this doesn't haunt us with closes loses.

Next week has to be even better.....went to the game in Auckland, the Sharks went alright against the Warriors.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tim Smith would hardly be the worst buy you could buy, and he'd barely cost you anything. Souths need to look at their list, and it is not just Sandow? What backs are actually elite? Merritt is decent, but he is not elite. Best is not, Sutton is a lock, Wesser is past it. I like Souths so it pains me to say this but you have put all your eggs in one basket (forwards) and lost. No team has EVER won a premiership without a dominant halfback or 5/8. Souths need to make some tough decisions, and should cut Asotasi AND at least ONE of Wesser/Sandow after this season. Throw $700,000+ at Jonathan Thurston and see if he bites.

Just my two cents.

Nemesis

Bench
Tim Smith would hardly be the worst buy you could buy, and he'd barely cost you anything. Souths need to look at their list, and it is not just Sandow? What backs are actually elite? Merritt is decent, but he is not elite. Best is not, Sutton is a lock, Wesser is past it. I like Souths so it pains me to say this but you have put all your eggs in one basket (forwards) and lost. No team has EVER won a premiership without a dominant halfback or 5/8. Souths need to make some tough decisions, and should cut Asotasi AND at least ONE of Wesser/Sandow after this season. Throw $700,000+ at Jonathan Thurston and see if he bites.

Just my two cents.
No side has a perfect set of backs... ours aren't great, but they ARE solid. They got the job done for us last year when we came equal first in the number of tries scored and they'll do fine again this year.

Sutton is not a lock any more, he's a five eighth and when he takes on the line he's a very good one. Last year Sutton had the most try assists, line break assists, offloads etc... his slow start to this season is mostly due to a recent operation for a bulging disc in his neck which considerably shortened his off season preparation. Hopefully he'll come good again for us soon and if he does... look out!

Wesser, I think has been doing a great job so far and played very well against the Tits, running the ball back strongly and at speed. He's far from past it and if he stays fit and keeps progressing the way he has been, he'll soon be back as one of the top 5 FBs in the comp again. Statistically he's currently in the top 3 FBs for kick returns, line breaks, avg kick return metres and is no1 for total kick return metres. Although he and Luke Patten are leading the way on missed tackles atm and coincidentally our respective teams are both 0 from 2... hmmmmmm.

As far as Tim Smith is concerned, he'd be a good pick up if we could manage to keep him off the grog.... a la Carney. However, we don't have any cap space left unless we let someone go and I can't see that happening somehow.

Last edited:
I agree 100% adkor.

i STILL THINK WE CAN JAG A FEW WINS EARLY BUT MY OPINION HAS BEEN THAT WE WON'T SEE THE BEST OF THIS TEAM UNTIL ROUND 8 OR 10
Sorry for the caps but I couldn't bother retyping it

Half the comp gone and we sit at the bottom? I hope not.

it's not about individual confidence....it about ability.....and thats where Sandow is lacking.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sandow isn't lacking confidence, he's lacking defensive ability, and opposition players know that and run at him all day long.

He needs support from his forwards, they have to protect him defensively.

If he can play a purely attacking game, he'll come back into form again.

And don't listen to Marshall Stalin. He;s full of sh*t and completely clueless.

Fein

First Grade
Sandow isn't lacking confidence, he's lacking defensive ability, and opposition players know that and run at him all day long.

He needs support from his forwards, they have to protect him defensively.

If he can play a purely attacking game, he'll come back into form again.

And don't listen to Marshall Stalin. He;s full of sh*t and completely clueless.

It could be news finally filtering through to the Soviet's that an Aboriginal half is heading to Belmore - i.e. Tricky Trindall.

Latest posts