What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow

His defense needs to improve, true - but we can cover for that well, I think.

As for his being unlikable - I love it. I, for one, think we need that sort of player; a bloke who guys love having in the team but opponents hate playing against. A Michael Ennis, if you will.

If he began his career with us and was lime that I'd probably love it.
It's just the fact that I've hated him for so long now, playing for a club I despise, laughing at his continual incompetence.
Makes it hard to just switch like that, you know?

Of course, I reckon it was worth signing him for the reaction from Souths alone. :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can. Some people will just whinge about everything.
It's in their manner.
I agree with you re Sandow. What makes me more positive is the disciplined effect that Kearney may have on his game. Rocks and diamonds need polishing. Kearney is the carborundum.

Suity

Even truer!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sandow is just the signing this squad as it stands needs. I don't care if he's rough, sometimes he can create something out of nothing in attack, and he actually has a kicking game.

Whether Kearney will get anything better out of him remains to be seen. All of SK's early quotes about imposing his structure on the club tell me that there won't be much skill enhancement of a livewire halfback going on in the next year or two? But coaching aside, I'm glad we have a halfback that can spark something more often than not on the back of a platform in the middle.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If he began his career with us and was lime that I'd probably love it.
It's just the fact that I've hated him for so long now, playing for a club I despise, laughing at his continual incompetence.
Makes it hard to just switch like that, you know?

Of course, I reckon it was worth signing him for the reaction from Souths alone. :lol:

I understand what you mean. I wasn't that impressed at first with his signing, either.

But I have studied his games this year more intensely after learning he is an Eel - and I love what I see. Sure, he's a bit of a grub and he can carry on like a bit of a prat. But the kid oozes passion and talent.

I am so excited to see what 2012 will bring with some good outside back options and a genuine halfback!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Sandow is just the signing this squad as it stands needs. I don't care if he's rough, sometimes he can create something out of nothing in attack, and he actually has a kicking game.

Whether Kearney will get anything better out of him remains to be seen. All of SK's early quotes about imposing his structure on the club tell me that there won't be much skill enhancement of a livewire halfback going on in the next year or two? But coaching aside, I'm glad we have a halfback that can spark something more often than not on the back of a platform in the middle.

I don't think Kearney needs to get anything better out of him. He is going great.
And he will only get better with experience.

Parra Pride

Referee
Definitely - his 2005 season was spectacular.

And what happened when we had a Tim Smith who could still play competently? We were minor premiers, granted we choked against the Cowboys, but we were major contenders. Will Sandow make us major contenders again? Well that remains to be seen, but I believe that he will.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And what happened when we had a Tim Smith who could still play competently? We were minor premiers, granted we choked against the Cowboys, but we were major contenders. Will Sandow make us major contenders again? Well that remains to be seen, but I believe that he will.

True. And weren't we missing Hindy and Fui for that semi against the Cowboys?

It's a shame what happened to Tim. Such a waste of talent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Still think we gave up too easily on that one.

But it's all in the past now. No use going over it again.

Perhaps you're right. But we will never know - what if he had done a Jamie Lyon and held us to ransom while he was out and about "deciding over his future"?

But whatever happened to him, as long as he is healthy and happy, that's all that matters.

Parra Pride

Referee
Is anyone worried that Sandow's nickname (on Wiki) is Kusto?

The second coming Ben Kusto is just what we need. :sarcasm:
Still think we gave up too easily on that one.

But it's all in the past now. No use going over it again.

When Tim Smith first wanted to come back to NRL I wanted us to sign him, after watching how he went for the Sharks my opinion quickly changed.

IFR33K

Coach
One could argue that there was a point in time, however briefly, that Tim Smith was a genuine half.

Genuine half yes, just a shame he never reached his potential. Maybe in 05 he over achieved....... who knows. Be good to see him firing at his brilliant best.

Perhaps you're right. But we will never know - what if he had done a Jamie Lyon and held us to ransom while he was out and about "deciding over his future"?

But whatever happened to him, as long as he is healthy and happy, that's all that matters.

I just wish we weren't left with Brett f**king Finch!
He was the last Parra signing I wasn't too thrilled about.
We really have had some shit halfbacks haven't we?