What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow

Special K

Coach
I like Stuart as a coach but my god it is a terrible fit.

I'd be shocked if Sandow plays out the next 3 years of this deal.

bluey

Bench
When Ricky was here he tried hard to get Roberts here, but he went to parra instead

Vin Fizz

Bench
If Sticky lets Sandow play what's in front of him he may well bring out his best. If RS tries to over structure his play he will be ratus shitus IMHO. Im dumbfounded to be totaly honest that he is going to the Eels. It's like JT playing in the BWB i just cant imagine it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The media hatchet job by Gould on Stuart about halfbacks has really done its job.
This is despite that every half back , with the exception of kimmorley has nothing but the highest accolades for how Stuart helped their game.

Since 73

First Grade
Craig Wing
Brett Firman
Josh Lewis
Brett Finch
Jamie Soward
Albert Kelly
Brett Seymour
Scott Porter
Brett Kimmorley

Have I forgotten anyone?

Did one reached any great heights?

Mediocre heights?

Enjoy it while you can Chris.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Craig Wing
premiership winner, origin, Australian player.
Brett Firman
"The Roosters offered something that was pretty good," he said.

"The chance to play under [coach and former Test halfback] Ricky Stuart was a big factor and very exciting.

"I'd been out for 18 months [after a knee reconstruction] and hadn't played any football and it was always going to take a bit of time for me to find my feet and get used to playing footy again.

"I wasn't performing as well as I should have been and I knew that.
Josh Lewis
Retired at age 22 Rank Average
Brett Finch
premiership winner, origin, Australian player.
Jamie Soward
premiership winner, origin, Australian player. Credits Stuart to him making it in first grade

Albert Kelly
who?
Brett Seymour
Was his own worst enemy.
Scott Porter
Too slow to be damaging after too many kneee surgeries. Over acheived through tenacity.

Brett Kimmorley
Was shown up to be what he is. Talentless.

Did one reached any great heights?
Yep

Mediocre heights?
Yep

Last edited:

Since 73

First Grade
It's a shame.

The Stick's a good bloke.

But this will end badly.

I think he might have a heart attack around mid 2014.

Frenzy.

Immortal
From what I gather, Ricky either likes you or he doesn't. In everything.
I dont think he liked me. I dont think he liked kimmorley. I reckon he liked Albert Kelly.

I don't think Ricky would ever be accused of being Robinson Crusoe there.

I reckon TTG would of been one of those kids who'd pay the other kids sixpence to be his friend.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
FTR in case there is any confusion, I only ever met Ricky in social situations so maybe under football conditions he is a different story.
I know Stick loved the bad boy.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I don't think much of sticky, but could be what Sandow needs to buckle down and do some extra work... or it could f**k him up completely! We'll see... so long as we bloody beat them the next time we play them ffs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I don't think much of sticky, but could be what Sandow needs to buckle down and do some extra work... or it could f**k him up completely! We'll see... so long as we bloody beat them the next time we play them ffs

They will be the team to beat next year if they recuit well in the front row.
Backl ine is awesome & maybe we will get to see Loko play .

webShark

reefy

i thik he's fine with the halfbacks.

but he dosnt like lazy f**ks. so id say sandow will be in for a rude awakening

Sticky doesn't seem to like anyone that much. Jarrod Hayne could also be in for an awakening. He can have Cordoba back if he wants to beef up the pack. The players already recruited like Lussick are not flash. He has little room under the cap and a returning expensive Mormon. Probably stayed in Sydney for personal reasons. Probably end in tears. Could end up at Canberra at later stage as he will always have a profile. No criticism of his origin work as we moved forward but he still lost 2 series. Lost the unlosable as Australian coach. Didn't take us forward. Only been successful with a crack Roosters roster. From there he took them backwards. I don't know a Roosters fan who was sorry to see him leave. Signed Toops for big money (don't even start me on that contract). I think he is taken seriously because he is such a misery. I think he should have stayed on with Origin if only to stop the likes of Daley taking over.

Parra will make or break his reputation.

The one thing he did well was improve the junior setup at the Sharks. Can't see the Parra board buying into a Sticky 5 year plan.

I thought the Knights would be Top 8 for sure. Only just starting to play. Ricky has a harder job on his hands than Wayne. I think one town/city teams have an advantage so Raiders job easier.

Card Shark

Immortal
Sandow will benefit from the strong forward culture / go forward Ricky will bring. He's missed it this year.

Jarryd Hayne will be the one that suffers.