What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sanyo: Gone

Panther67

Juniors
It has been announced that next year Sanyo will no longer be sponsoring the Panthers.
On YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNohuuaCOeU) Sanyo have released a farewell message.
They say it is because of financial issues, but I strongly believe Phil Gould has driven away just one more thing from the Panthers.
So long, Sanyo.

Big Mick

Referee
Firstly, this was announced ages ago. It isn't breaking news.

Secondly, I'd get your facts right before making allegations that a member of Panthers staff have driven away $$ sponsorship.

Your view is ridiculous given the fact that Sanyo has been purchased and that they will no longer be "Sanyo" as we know it. They have even pulled out their sponsorship of the GWS AFL team due to this fact as well. Did Phil Gould have a role in that?

Sanyo had given Penrith 12 years of magnificant sponsorship and has been a constant on our jersey despite hard times.

Phil Gould had nothing to do with it. So your strong belief is incorrect.

franklin2323

Immortal
If Sanyo still sponsor GWS you would have a point. They don't so I am inclinced to believe the message. While I am no fan of Gus he can't be blamed here. How quick they find a replacement & increase membership will be an indication of his skills

Caged Panther

First Grade
It has been announced that next year Sanyo will no longer be sponsoring the Panthers.
On YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNohuuaCOeU) Sanyo have released a farewell message.
They say it is because of financial issues, but I strongly believe Phil Gould has driven away just one more thing from the Panthers.
So long, Sanyo.

By constantly sprucing Sanyo's sponsership of the panthers at every chance he got. I doubt it.

Big Mick

Referee
Especially since his appointment he always referred to us as the "Sanyo Penrith Panthers" when before that he never did...should be another giveaway.

murraymob

Coach
penrith knew of sanyo leaving well before it was announced.And as others have said it had nothing to do with anyone one person at the club or the club it was purley a decission by the new owners of sanyo panasonic.
Sanyo have been great for our club and leave on great terms with both the club and the majority of supporters

Fibroman

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised to see Centrebet drop off some of it's other clubs and go the whole box and dice at Penrith.

Panther67

Juniors
I hear Sony may be sponsoring next year.
If we can't get a deal with them before the start of the next season we will start sponsorless.

Latest posts