What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday's ratings: the WINNER is LEAGUE

JK

Couldn't find this posted anywhere else so here it is

Average Sydney audience
AFL: 174 000
LEAGUE: 502 000

:shock: :D 8) :p

So much for that! Two non-Sydney clubs easily outrate the under-6's soccer imitation AFL.

Leaguies don't claim to conquer Melbourne but the arrogance of the AFLers has not been ended.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Even though the AFL lost out in the ratings they still carry on like they won :roll:

They must surley know that they'll never win in NSW and Qld but chose to live in denial.

ChiaPete

Juniors
Where did you find those figures JK, don't suppose you'd know where to find the Brisbane figures also?

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

ChiaPete

Juniors
Dean Moriarty said:
Brisbane not so good - AFL average 276k, NRL average 238k (from today's SMH).

There's nothing wrong with that, despite a Preliminary Final for Brisbanes own AFL team the figures were still close.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

shhhh but I was flicking to the fairy footy during the adds

iggy plop

First Grade
jack coburn said:
freedman was pretty quite on the big sport's breakfast,talking up a storm last week.

He should be on a melbourne sports show that fella. don't like him. bring back rads!!!

XXXX

Juniors
"Average Sydney audience
LEAGUE: 502 000 "

174,000+72,000(that actually went and paid $60 each and in so doing paid off the lease on TS for the next 5 years,ensuring even more games of AFL,besides those at the SCG) = 246,000

I tone down the jubilation just a fraction .

JK

XXXX said:
"Average Sydney audience
LEAGUE: 502 000 "

174,000+72,000(that actually went and paid $60 each and in so doing paid off the lease on TS for the next 5 years,ensuring even more games of AFL,besides those at the SCG) = 246,000

I tone down the jubilation just a fraction .

A lot of people I know went because it was a 'BSE' - big sporting event. Didn't pay squat (their company did), or their league team was already out of the running.

Considering that it was a sydney afl team (the ONLY sydney team) vs an ACT/NZ game those figures are disappointing for AFL - more than disappointing actually.

Turn the jubilation back up.

XXXX

Juniors
"A lot of people I know went because it was a 'BSE' - big sporting event "

Really ? Just how many of the 72k odd people do you know ?You certainly have a lot of AFL friends .I would have pictured you as the type of person who wouldn't be seen dead within distance of AFL being mentioned .
Hey if you don't think AF is gaining in popularity in NSW then I'll take your word on it and sleep soundly at night .

greeneyed

First Grade
Better add the 32,000 to the NRL audience figures if you are adding the game attendance. Offsets a fair bit of the difference.

And those figures are just the AVERAGE figures for the telecasts (over different times). At one point, the rugby league had 600,000 viewers to 100,000 AFL viewers (when the games were actually head to head).

In Canberra (in a much smaller market), the ratings were 80,000 viewers for the rugby league to 15,000 viewers for the AFL.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Havnt heard about the Melbourne ratings. Probably wernt that bad but unless it wins its timeslot, NINE will never show it again.

72,000 at a Swans game in Sydney? After all the Swans members and ex-members and the Telstra Stadium members(i heard 12,000) have bought their tickets, 40,000+ have sold. Add all the thousands of Swans/Lions fans that traveled from BRI/MEL and elswehere, plus the thousands of VICS now living in SYD, and before you know it, you have 70,000 plus. There ISNT 70,000 NSW RL supporters at the game like the AFL would have you believe!

In Melbourne's Herald Sun yesturday or the day before, there was an article talking about the terrible ratings the AFL get in SYD. They must be mad as hell!

Does anyone know about the ratings for the RL and AFL in QLD? Not just the finals, but all games?

And also early in the year I believe the NRL broke a couple of records for the TV ratings in some games. The Dogs / Roosters game being one. Does anyone know what these ratings were? I heard 1.5 million. Somewhere else I read 2.5 million. Anyone know?

cheese

Bench
I wouldnt be surprised to see more records broken with the upcoming chooks/dogs game.

Its going to be massive, i have a feeling that NSW television ratings may show a figure that resembles a Grand Final.....

Im not a fan of either team ....but i cant wait! Its gonna be a cracker!