What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBS planning to scrap football

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They are both government owned broadcasters Twiz. And the argument being presented is exactly the same in both cases

Every government-owned entity has been told to tighten its belt Twiz. The ABC and SBS shouldn't be any different

In any case, there is another forum for broader political discourse

The breathtaking hypocrisy of the attention whore pleading for a thread not to be ruined was amusing though

very true, the only one that hasn't is the pollies salaries

just thought I'd weigh in with that when you mentioned hypocrisies

Big Sam

First Grade
Anyhow, the rubbish from jimmy aside.

Any word on the pre season games 7 and 9 have got and if they are being broadcasted live?

Could well be an insight into things to come unfortunately.

9 has all five matches (2 Liverpool, 3 MCG).

You'd assume main channel for the games that don't clash with the NRL and GEM for those that do.

7 is showing the Spurs game in May though.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
Is Gem a HD channel?

Looking forward to all these games. Can't go to any of them now unfortunately.

Big Sam

First Grade
Yes GEM is HD.

I don't think commercial FTA coverage is a bad thing. We're beyond the point when the sport was treated as an outcast by the mainstream. I'm prepared to give them a go.

7 has done a respectable enough job with their games so far. I would think 9 will too. Although expect 'Falafel' McGuire to interview Ronaldo exclusively on 9 (and give him a Collington singlet).

Mong

Post Whore
Perhaps years of watching 9 deliver shit rugby league coverage has jaded me in that regard.

I'm still not convinced football is in a position to survive that as well.

Haffa

City vs Real Madrid is a friday night (I'm going)

Up against Chooks vs tigers and broncs vs Titans in the footy and Carlton vs Hawthorne in the fumbleball. There is no chance it's on the main channel into Sydney or Brisbane.

Had to remind myseld the VFL isn't on Channel 9 anymore.