What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW - The next Terry Lamb?

^ Pando

retired
Sure SBW is a second rower, and Lamb was a 5/8 - halfback, but I can't help but think SBW has watched a lot of tapes of Terry Lamb playing.

Both bust the line with power and a great step and when tackled always look for the offload.

Lamb was noted for his backing up, still the best I've seen for that, SBW has it too.

Both are brutal in defence. SBW's shoulder charge reminds me a lot of Lamb taking down bigger players than himself in brutal fashion.

Both aren't scared to test the rules and see if the ref is taking notice. Lamb was a master at this, and I see it in SBW.

This young lad has a big future in the game, at least as good if not better than the great Terry Lamb.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Sonny Bill is a more athleitc, more naturally gifted Gordon Tallis IMO. He has that rampaging style but can also back it up with the steps and offloads.

^ Pando

retired
If we keep getting players like SBW and Karmichael Hunt, the game is looking good for the future.

Next year is the start of the changing of the guard.

^ Pando said:
nospam49 said:
Terry Lamb. :roll:

One of the finest players this game has seen, and my personal favourite of all time.

Yeah, he'd probably be one of the top 10 players.....the Bulldogs have had.....over the last 15 years.....playing in the halves.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sonny bill is already better then Terry Lamb.

I would rather have 17 sonny bills in my side then 17 Terry Lambs.

Ron Jeremy said:

Are you kidding! Terry Lamb was one of the greatest players ever........named after a farm animal.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
nospam49 said:
Ron Jeremy said:

Are you kidding! Terry Lamb was one of the greatest players ever........named after a farm animal.

What can't sonny bill do what Terry Lamb could do??........sonny actually does more.

He is faster, fitter,bigger & a better ball player/offloader.

Terry Lambs biggest traits were his support play, passion & tackling.

Sonny displayed all of these traits this year at only what 18?

^ Pando

retired
Ron Jeremy said:
What can't sonny bill do what Terry Lamb could do??........sonny actually does more.

Thankyou R.J. for confirming my original post.

Ron Jeremy said:
nospam49 said:
Ron Jeremy said:

yeah but...but....Terry Lamb.

I mean, Terrry Lamb!

The guy played a whole season with only one arm.

He parted the red sea!

He turned water into wine.

He turned Wests into sh*t.

The man did it all!

Terry Lamb. TERRY LAMB!

^ Pando

retired
nospam49 said:
Yeah, he'd probably be one of the top 10 players.....the Bulldogs have had.....over the last 15 years.....playing in the halves.....

He has played more first grade games than anyone else, played SOO, and if memory serves me correctly, was the only player to play in every game of the '86 invincibles tour for Australia.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
True, in saying that though pando his style really suited RL, he was such a tough player...strong!!!....yet very durable, he could have played to 40 i reckon, just the way he played.

The other great thing about Terry Lamb, he never gave up.

No seriously....he would never give up. I mean he played 873 first grade games the the stumpy little b@stard just wouldnt give up!

He was one of those rare athletes that could do anything on the football field....during training.....

^ Pando

retired
Ron Jeremy said:
True, in saying that though pando his style really suited RL, he was such a tough player...strong!!!....yet very durable, he could have played to 40 i reckon, just the way he played.

Unfortunate that his knees gave out on him. Laurie Daley went the same way. Another great player cut down in his prime.