What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW's commentary

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
With Gus & Rabs' carry on, then Gus & Joey's bleating about the ref & bunker decisions. Channel Nein was pretty much unwatchable. Now they've added SBW to the commentary team, f**k me it's not possible to watch a game on 9 anymore. I find his voice unbearable to listen to. Like nails on a chalk board.
I usually watch the game's on KAYO but every now & then watch one on free to air. I guess it's because I grew up watching the game on 9, sometimes I whack it on. I don't know why, nostalgia, force of habit maybe? Please don't let him anywhere near origin.

Wizardman

First Grade
I like SBW as a person and was an amazing backrower. But ffs, he is the most amateur commentator I think I've seen wheeled out to a television screen. Far from professional and truly adds nothing.

Ian Smith is the only great NZ sports commentator I’ve seen. Others like Halligan are pretty good.

Haven’t heard Williams but he’s only new and people have a tendency to crucify anyone with a mike these days. I’ll crucify the ones who’ve had a year or more who’ve had a chance to get polished but dish out drivel....

Anasta
Alexander
Thurston

My three standouts

I’d give Williams a while to see how he develops.

Ian Smith is the only great NZ sports commentator I’ve seen. Others like Halligan are pretty good.

Haven’t heard Williams but he’s only new and people have a tendency to crucify anyone with a mike these days. I’ll crucify the ones who’ve had a year or more who’ve had a chance to get polished but dish out drivel....

Anasta
Alexander
Thurston

My three standouts. While Andrew Johns keeps melting like an ice cream on the road....

I’d give Williams a while to see how he develops.

blaza88z

Coach
You need a certain level of charisma to be a decent commentator, just saying shit in a monotone voice isn't going to cut it

MugaB

Coach
Oh yeh bro, so uh, you goin round again aubo my bother bro!!!
The "bro's" he comes out with are doing my head in

Sphagnum

Coach
The forums on Monday morning when they finally stabilise

giphy.gif