What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scenario 2

Since 73

First Grade
The morning the Carney photo hit - Todd books himself into rehab - probably the Barba wing where Darius has made himself comfortable - and tells the world he is suffering from depression......

Does his contract get shredded that Sunday nite?

Feej

First Grade
Nope.

The scary part, however, is that this is probably what the forward thinking clubs are doing to minimize damage and headlines. The cynic in me thinks Boyd, like Barba at the dogs, had no choice and was directed by the club to "do their time" and then come back "redeemed".

Yes, I know depression is a serious issue, but I trust nothing that happens in the NRL at the moment.

Surely

Post Whore
I'm sure all in here have done silly things on the piss more than once, except the saints of course.

taipan

Referee
I'm sure all in here have done silly things on the piss more than once, except the saints of course.

Yep once or twice(in my case),or three times or more ,but we aren't in the public eye,and we don't get paid $600,000 to be in the public eye to play a professional sport and training professionally throughout the season and perform also off the field.None of us are saints.
We haven't been given the flick from three jobs for breaking the co rules.
And we don''t have companies putting money into us,to show our faces on TV and the print media to sell their products.

We were told by the pub owner near Cairns who employed him for 12 months he was great and was over his issues.Goes to the Roosters and gets on the p*ss with a couple of other players,which broke his club agreement.

The only way he can ever overcome his problem is giving up the hit & miss completely.He is one guy who can't handle it.
The whole issue has divided the camp into pro and anti Carney groups.
Haven't we had enough d*ckhead activity over the years at the club,and wonder why we drop sponsors like undies at night.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Nope.

The scary part, however, is that this is probably what the forward thinking clubs are doing to minimize damage and headlines. The cynic in me thinks Boyd, like Barba at the dogs, had no choice and was directed by the club to "do their time" and then come back "redeemed".

Yes, I know depression is a serious issue, but I trust nothing that happens in the NRL at the moment.

Its how they do it in Hollywood and it works a treat. It shows that they are "genuinely" sorry and theyre "just trying to become better people"...

The other side of this story that you need to accept, though, is the media environment that made this necessary; they caricature these people into 1 dimensional ideas based on superficial events. A 1 dimensional response (rehab, yay!!!) is they way to turn this image...

Surely

Post Whore
Yep once or twice(in my case),or three times or more ,but we aren't in the public eye,and we don't get paid $600,000 to be in the public eye to play a professional sport and training professionally throughout the season and perform also off the field.None of us are saints.
We haven't been given the flick from three jobs for breaking the co rules.
And we don''t have companies putting money into us,to show our faces on TV and the print media to sell their products.

We were told by the pub owner near Cairns who employed him for 12 months he was great and was over his issues.Goes to the Roosters and gets on the p*ss with a couple of other players,which broke his club agreement.

The only way he can ever overcome his problem is giving up the hit & miss completely.He is one guy who can't handle it.
The whole issue has divided the camp into pro and anti Carney groups.
Haven't we had enough d*ckhead activity over the years at the club,and wonder why we drop sponsors like undies at night.

I dont care if Todd gets pissed or pisses in his mouth as long as he isn't hurting anyone else.

taipan

Referee
I dont care if Todd gets pissed or pisses in his mouth as long as he isn't hurting anyone else.

That I understand your view ,but there are also a lot of sponsors who feel differently to that viewpoint,and a fair number of fans,and we are hardly brimming over with cash.

He can get pissed as much as he likes in private,but a pub toilet is a public utility,especially with bleeding cameras and social media.
Look if this was the only time any debacle happened by him,I would say the same thing as you.
It's a silly prank everyone makes mistakes, trouble is its not the first silly prank publicised.

Surely

Post Whore
Where did the good old larriken Aussie sense of humor go, its a sad world we live in when we are dictated by those who make moral judgments

Especially when a blue flamer is counted as a prior ffs.