What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scenario: Pub opens

redvscotty

First Grade
Ok, so a pub has been open for a few years near me, with I think no public consultation.

I don't care the pub is open, and hope it does well, as I don't mind the odd beer there, and the usual clientele are ok.

Today, They had a 'Foam Party' for New Years Day, which featured multiple shit house 'DJs' inclusing Timmy Trumpet, Havanah Brown and Stafford Brothers.

I'm ok with a local pub hosting an event for NYD as at any other pub ever it would never bother me, however with the layout of this pub it comes up and into the front of my house, along with pretty much the entire estate that I live around. This was apparently know when it was built.

I had to listen to so called DJ's for 10 hours straight. Generally saying 'LETS f**kING PARTY BRISBANE' and other such stupid sentences. I assume they are all pinged out of their heads and don't know what they have said.

Anyway, I could even cop this for a couple of hours, but 10 seems excessive.

I've emailed the state member, liqour licensing and the pub/owner, is that all I can do? Keep in mind this argument has been going on for years.

I like metal and punk and in no way am I asking them to stop completely, just tone it down. We can't all be poor mans stereosonic wannabes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Your complaint needs to go to the Office of Liquor and Gaming and Racing, (OLGR).

The public consultation that you speak of would have happened but you probabaly didn't know about it. Most good developers will door knock the locals but some dont want to alert them till its too late.

If you lodge a complaint with OLGR, it must be investigated.

If you want to get very technical you can get a copy of the development application from council and read the section on acoustics, you will see where it says they cannot have a noise level greater than 5 dBa above ambient. You can measure the noise level at your boundary by buying a gadget from Dick Smith for about $100 then send the results to OLGR.

Depending on where you live the curfew is about 10dBa at 8-10PM then 5dBa after 10. The daytime ambient noise level will be high so they are allowed to exceed that by 10dBa normally.

Unfortunately having poor taste in music is not in breach of council conditions.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm ok with a local pub hosting an event for NYD as at any other pub ever it would never bother me, however with the layout of this pub it comes up and into the front of my house, along with pretty much the entire estate that I live around. This was apparently know when it was built.

This doesnt make sense...how does the pub come into your house?...and all the others?

alien

Referee
Today, They had a 'Foam Party' for New Years Day, which featured multiple shit house 'DJs' inclusing Timmy Trumpet, Havanah Brown and Stafford Brothers.

I understand why you were upset. There was no DJ Clint Dawg.

pub police now . its only 1 time a year surely:roll:

Not everyone wants to hear shit music for ten hours straight. I feel for anyone that lives within a 5km radius of the Regatta centre in Castlereagh whenever that f**king pingerfest Defqon is on.

maple_69

Bench
Just go out the front and shout 'Get off my lawn' and shake your fist. That normally works a treat.

fowlster

Juniors
So the pub's been open a few years (let's say 3 years).
You've been annoyed for 10 out of the 8760 hours that the pub's been open.

You sir are a whiny McWhiner.

All music is better with illicit chemicals.

And not all of us have to smoke ourselves geniused to enjoy music. Can't tell me that trance shit is enjoyable sober. People have to get f**ked off their faces at the festivals to have fun to that shit.

The only group I ever enjoyed more under the influence of drugs was Cypress Hill.

Ok, so a pub has been open for a few years near me, with I think no public consultation.

I don't care the pub is open, and hope it does well, as I don't mind the odd beer there, and the usual clientele are ok.

I had to listen to so called DJ's for 10 hours straight. Generally saying 'LETS f**kING PARTY BRISBANE' and other such stupid sentences. I assume they are all pinged out of their heads and don't know what they have said.

Anyway, I could even cop this for a couple of hours, but 10 seems excessive.

I've emailed the state member, liqour licensing and the pub/owner, is that all I can do? Keep in mind this argument has been going on for years.

I like metal and punk and in no way am I asking them to stop completely, just tone it down. We can't all be poor mans stereosonic wannabes.

You should put a blow up pool in your front yard and sit in it starkers all day exposing yourself to pub patrons