What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scheduling Clash (Its coming right for ussss)

Moffo

Referee
Week 2 of AFL Finals
Week 1 of NRL Finals

Quite a fair chance that both the Bulldogs and the Swans will have a game at Telstra Stadium on that weekend

Also a chance that the games will want to be scheduled on the same day. Keep in mind that it takes a while for the ground to be moved from AFL format to RL format

Is it just me, or do i see a big clash in the making? If the Dogs and Swans both want to play on the same day, then won't something have to budge? If so, who will budge? :shock:

Interesting times ahead

Cheers,
Moffo

Southernsaint

Staff member
Knowing the hard-nosed administration from the AFL & the soft-cocked administration from the NRL, I'd have my money on C*nterbury being asked to accomodate the Aerial Ping Pong.

However, it shouldn't be like this. League has had a long-term investment in Stadium Australia & the Homebush area since the place opened in 1999. The Swans have just blown in last year after the ground was re-configured & they decided that the "plebs" of the Western Suburbs "deserved" to see Aussie Rules, despite the majority of their support coming from the Eastern Suburbs & North Shore.

At the end of the day, Sydney & NSW are far more tolerant of other sports than Myopic Melbourne & the Southern States but we have always been a League town. The mid-season daliances with the game where you get a point for missing are fine, but the Trust of Stadium Australia shouldn't forget the people who have been with them since Day One...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Moffo

Referee
if the dogs move then personally, ill be delivering a rocket up the arse of the NRL administration

I hope the NRL have first dibs at the stadium. Swans should play their game at the SCG. If someone from the NRL is reading this, can you please check or make sure that this is the case? For the sake of the game!

Bulldogs couldnt play their game at the showgrounds. Against any team in a finals contest, we are going to get more than the ground capacity of 21-22 thousand

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo said:
Bulldogs couldnt play their game at the showgrounds. Against any team in a finals contest, we are going to get more than the ground capacity of 21-22 thousand

Likewise the Swans would exceed the SCG's capacity.

Stadium Australia know that RL will always be there - they want to encourage the AFL in there as well. And don't forget Bob Carr has been pushing for more AFL finals games in Sydney - it would be embarassing for him to have the Swans forced to play at a smaller ground.

Add in the AFL's better organisation than the NRL and I can't see the Dogs winning this one. Better hope the Swans beat Port Adelaide this weekend to avoid the problem.

Chook

First Grade
I will also be sending my disgust at the NRL if this is allowed to happen. f**k I'm sick of twig ball and it's hypocrasy. They do everything in their power to denegrate League, yet League fans are condemned with our administration turning the other cheek every f**king time.

Let's start calling this fairy, faggoty, kick and run garbbage for what it truly is, netball played on a paddock without skirts!

Chook.

Moffo

Referee
Dean Moriarty said:
Moffo said:

Likewise the Swans would exceed the SCG's capacity.

Stadium Australia know that RL will always be there - they want to encourage the AFL in there as well. And don't forget Bob Carr has been pushing for more AFL finals games in Sydney - it would be embarassing for him to have the Swans forced to play at a smaller ground.

Add in the AFL's better organisation than the NRL and I can't see the Dogs winning this one. Better hope the Swans beat Port Adelaide this weekend to avoid the problem.

Its a league city, league should get first preference. Im sure league have had a contract with Stadium Oz longer than the AFL have anyway. It'd be a joke if the Swans get preference over the Dogs

Cheers,
Moffo

Special K

Coach
There is no way the dogs should move! AFL will never shut up about it if they make the dogs move their finals game for theirs.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
It'll most likely be Dogs vs Warriors.

Any chance they'll play it in Wellington? What's the capacity like over there?

JoeD

First Grade
I don't really know all the details but why doesn't one play on Friday night and the other Sunday arvo? Is that too simple a plan or what?

Moffo

Referee
ridiculous and nothing more than speculation

Ill take em on 8)

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo

Referee
Demetriou seems confident

I dont understand why though. Surely NRL are the biggest stakeholders at the ground??

Cheers,
Moffo

JoeD

First Grade
Wouldn't major sponsors Telstra also have an interest in having the bulldogs play there considering it is the Telsra NRL?

dimitri

First Grade
I will also be sending my disgust at the NRL if this is allowed to happen. f**k I'm sick of twig ball and it's hypocrasy. They do everything in their power to denegrate League, yet League fans are condemned with our administration turning the other cheek every f**king time.

Let's start calling this fairy, faggoty, kick and run garbbage for what it truly is, netball played on a paddock without skirts!

Chook.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mystery Man

Juniors
There's not much point in complaining about it. Stadium Australia has to make a business decision about what is best for them, and the Swans are likely to get at least double the crowd that the Bulldogs would get.

What we should be doing is asking why the Swans can draw 70,000 to a match, but the NRL are thrilled with a crowd of 25,000.

Moffo

Referee
unless they played collingwood again id doubt they would pull 70,000

MM, you make a good point, but as i think we both agree on, the AFL promote their games better. The magpies/swans game was promoted all year and was always going to be big. And with the teams facing off for a top 2 spot, you just knew that they were going to pack it

Ill say it again, a final between 2 sydney teams (or Newcastle) has NO right not to get less than 50,000 at the Stadium. If Roosters play the Dogs in a prelim final then anything less then 60,000 would be disgraceful

The NRL seem to have a lot of 'September' fans. Remember the sharks/nz game last year? It drew 45,000. Where the f**k did these people come from??

Cheers,
Moffo

Chook

First Grade
I think there was about 10 thousand freebies provided for that game Moffo, but I could be wrong.

Chook.

Latest posts