What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scoop....on Choc.

raidersforme

Juniors
parra pete said:
Big news re Clinton Schiffoscke...Will be a Queensland Red..

Parra pete are you assuming this from canberra times article below or from a real source

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...ry_id=488668&category=Rugby League&m=6&y=2006

Former Queensland fullback Gary Belcher said Raiders captain Clinton Schifcofkse deserved another chance at representative level in next month's State of Origin decider in Melbourne.

Schifcofske also sent a message to Queensland selectors, saying he was "hungry" for another shot at Origin and was ready to do the job if needed.
Schifcofske explained yesterday he was most likely to stay at the Canberra Raiders next season, despite a clause in his contract allowing him to explore his options.
Schifcofske is contracted to the Raiders until the end of the 2008 season, but has an out-clause if Matt Elliott is not coaching at the club. Elliott will coach the Penrith Panthers next season. Schifcofske admitted there had been interest from England.

He also had informal talks with his manager Steve Gillis about possibly crossing codes to play with the Queensland Reds in the Super 14.
"There's been a little bit of interest [from the Reds], just a word in passing to my manager," Schifcofske said. "It's something I'd look at, but in saying that it'd have to be something pretty good to leave. It would have to be something out of left-field."

Raiders general manager Don Furner ruled out re-negotiating a new contract with Schifcofske to remove the out-clause, but said it was important the club kept him.
"We definitely need him here next year, we need that experience," Furner said. "He's told me he's not interested [in leaving] but it obviously depends what dollars are there. We're hoping someone doesn't open their chequebook for him because we certainly need his experience."

Raider Azz

Bench
another parra pete "scoop"... straight from the canberra times.

was in this mornings paper buddy. beaten to it.

parra pete

Referee
His signing with the Reds..and Woolford to St George will be announced tomorrow....Where is that in the CT..No CT where I come from....;-)

reptar

Juniors
What position would Choc play for the Reds? I didn't think his kicking game is good enough for rugby union - and would he want to play fullback? Chris Latham would definitely be ahead of him at fullback.

dubby

Bench
parra pete said:
His signing with the Reds..and Woolford to St George will be announced tomorrow....Where is that in the CT..No CT where I come from....;-)

Umm, dude i mentioned Woolfords deal earlier today in here. Big scoop..:?

Shif has very limited RU experience, why would they sign a player who has little exposure in RL, little rep experience, little RU ability, is over 30 and is not a player who is better than the incumbant;Latham?

It makes no sense PP, and frankly you're scoops are nothing but scoops of dog poop.

And Shif won't go to RU to play wing either....

COncentrate on your own team of underachieving powder puffs :p

Edwahu

Bench
He is kicking at 85 percent or so isnt he?. That would be a big attraction to the rah rahs.

parra pete

Referee
dubby said:

Shif has very limited RU experience, why would they sign a player who has little exposure in RL, little rep experience, little RU ability, is over 30 and is not a player who is better than the incumbant;Latham?

It makes no sense PP, and frankly you're scoops are nothing but scoops of dog poop.

(1) Mentioned today!!!! I broke the news on May 5...
(2) I am not the talent scout for the Reds. Who knows why they want him?
(3) :lol: :lol: that's a classic. Thanks for that :lol:

dubby

Bench
:cool:
parra pete said:
dubby said:

(1) Mentioned today!!!! I broke the news on May 5...
(2) I am not the talent scout for the Reds. Who knows why they want him?
(3) :lol: :lol: that's a classic. Thanks for that

1.Mate, i meant the deal will be public this Thursday re:Woolford.
I think i read it first in RLW on the Mole's section before May 5 that Germ would be a Dragon...
2.ITs Shifs manager doing his job....they can't want a 31 year old fullback.
3. Anytime....:cool:

Latest posts