What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotland team named

SCOTLAND
Chris Armit, Danny Brough, Dean Colton, Paddy Coupar, Gavin Cowan, John Duffy, Ben Fisher, Andrew Henderson, Ian Henderson, Kevin Henderson, Jack Howieson, Paul Jackson, Wade Liddell, Scott Logan, Neil Lowe, David McConnell, Duncan McGillvray, Iain Morrison, Gareth Morton, Mick Nanyn, Lee Patterson, Michael Robertson, Jon Steel, Oliver Wilkes.

Last edited:
They only named two in their 40-man squad, if you ignore Jamie Benn who only qualified as domestic because he played for Scotland A on the grandparent rule.

JasonE

Bench
That squad will put together a decent forward pack, certainly won't be a push over for Fiji or France.

marv

Juniors
1 Wade Liddell
2 Michael Robertson,
3 Kevin Henderson
4 Mick Nanyn
5 Lee Patterson
6 Danny Brough
7 Andrew Henderson
8 Chris Armit
9 Ben Fisher
10 Scott Logan
11 Gareth Morton
12 Duncan McGillvray
13 Ian Henderson

14 John Duffy
15 Iain Morrison
16 Oliver Wilkes.
17 Paul Jackson

Jack Howieson
Neil Lowe
David McConnell
Dean Colton
Paddy Coupar
Gavin Cowan

Maybe something like that, they have a big pack with a few front rowers so a big bench too, they also have some interesting creative players and play kickers in Brough, Henderson(s) Ben Fisher and John Duffy, good goal kickers in Morton and Nanyn.

Brough will play half. I dunno who will play five eighth. They've got to fit Fisher and Ian Henderson in the side somewhere.

marv

Juniors
Brough will play half. I dunno who will play five eighth. They've got to fit Fisher and Ian Henderson in the side somewhere.

probably right I was scratching my head as to who would play 6 myself, but i agree with the second point they need to shuffle things around to get the best from their creative players, its not ridiculous to suggest a hooker could start at 13 if you have enough forwards to compensate and they do have enough forwards.

Brough will be first receiver regardless of what number is on his back so he WILL play halfback. Paterson played five-eighth in the qualifiers so I would assume he'll play there again. Then Fisher and Henderson can play 9 and 13 or 19 and 14.

marv

Juniors
Brough will be first receiver regardless of what number is on his back so he WILL play halfback. Paterson played five-eighth in the qualifiers so I would assume he'll play there again. Then Fisher and Henderson can play 9 and 13 or 19 and 14.

seems fair to me.

Skram

Juniors
I have no knowledge of Fisher, but I'm guessing he'd be a much better #7 option the Ian Henderson. Hendo is a 9, if Fisher isn't a half option at all then he should definitely be bench hooker option. Hendo in 13 is interesting because he's a good defender and makes a lot of tackles but as he isn't big he is palmed off too frequently for a lock role. .
What happened to Mark Calderwood, I heard he was playing for Scotland and now England?
I reckon if they've got a big/good enough forward pack then I like Scotland's chances and think they may play a lot better than people are expecting.

Last edited: