What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotland Vs Wales Who will win?

SouthsvsNRL

Juniors
I believe Wales will win by more than 7. Harris and Briers will play and dominate the
halves. Scotland have a good squad but may lack alittle leadership.

Wales by 10.

roopy

Referee
so many important games coming up.
the problem is that neither of these sides deserve to miss out and it will hurt the game in the 'country' that does miss out.
Wales would be my choice.

Nz

Juniors
Wales will dominate, the loser of the match can still make it through the 10th spot through the repecharge.

colonel_123

Juniors
Nz said:
Wales will dominate, the loser of the match can still make it through the 10th spot through the repecharge.

Which is going to be a very tough process, given the quality of the Samoan side on top of having to face either Ireland or Lebanon.

yakstorm

First Grade
Who has more to lose if they don't make it? And who potentially has more to gain if they do?

I think in both scenarios it's Wales. The Welsh media is more likely to report on their side making the RLWC and how they fare than Scotland, making the tournament and doing well, especially on the back of Celtic pushing for Super League is also just another attractive feature to try and win potential players over to RL.

So go Wales!

brendothejet

First Grade
AS I've said before i don't want to take a shot at the people running Scotland RL, but Wales and RL has more to gain from a Welsh victory by 7+

Wales have got more local juniors in the team, a national league 1 side and a push for Super League. They have a history of performing well at the WC and will generate more publicity of a positive nature in the UK.

I think Scotland will benefit in a round a bout way as when the Uk press sees the validity of the Welsh team those in Scotland will rue the chance a lot more and focus their efforts.

You never miss your water till you drown!

:)

Go Wales.

I'll be having a party at my house with the game projected on the wall through my high speed cable modem and Telstra's Rugby League TV.

Sen-f**king-sational!

Nz

Juniors
brendothejet said:
AS I've said before i don't want to take a shot at the people running Scotland RL, but Wales and RL has more to gain from a Welsh victory by 7+

Wales have got more local juniors in the team, a national league 1 side and a push for Super League. They have a history of performing well at the WC and will generate more publicity of a positive nature in the UK.

I think Scotland will benefit in a round a bout way as when the Uk press sees the validity of the Welsh team those in Scotland will rue the chance a lot more and focus their efforts.

You never miss your water till you drown!

:)

Go Wales.

I'll be having a party at my house with the game projected on the wall through my high speed cable modem and Telstra's Rugby League TV.

Sen-f**king-sational!

Care to tell us how to access the game online ;-)?

bender

Juniors
Wales must be raging hot favourites. They just beat the number 4 ranked team in the world (coming off an upset over the world champion Australian team) by a massive amount of points. They have not finished lower than 4th in the last two world cups. They were upset by Scotland last year, but it was an upset and they must be favourites to go through. If by chance Scotland can upset the Welsh again, it would be the proudest moment in Scottish Rugby league and would mark the coming of age of international rugby league, as you would have to expect the scots to really fancy their chances of making the semis if they can beat Wales and qualify. In fact, given Wales last WC effort against Australia, who knows if it would means the Scots could go all the way even.

Wales, if they do lose go on to face either USA (would be great to see them make it), or samoa who look strong on paper. Remember though, that at the last 2 world cups, Wales ranked higher than Samoa who have always disappointed at the world cup, despite there long line of NRL and international players. Wales should be able to repeat the performance if they really have improved since the last two world cups (doesnt appear to be the case). If they cant qualify from where they are now, they simply do not deserve to be in the world Cup, end of story.

A scottish upset win over Wales would be an absolute fairytale story and would mean that there are absolutely huge repecharge games to come. Either result is great for the world cup. The upset is probably a better result, because upsets are not supposted to happen in the world cup. Go the Scots.

roughyedspud

Coach
harris & briers will be the deciding factor for mine.....

i hope it goes to golden point...how good will that be..

deluded pom?

Coach
roughyedspud said:
harris & briers will be the deciding factor for mine.....

i hope it goes to golden point...how good will that be..

Oddly it was reported that Scotland and Wales had agreed between themselves to the golden point if Wales win by seven in the normal eighty minutes. No lead from the RLIF then :?

bazza

Immortal
Wales look like favourites
I see that over half their squad play for Celtic Crusaders so spending the year together should help the combinations

deluded pom?

Coach
roughyedspud said:
i know......thats why i said it....;-)

I know spud but you would have thought there would be official rules in place not just an agreement from the teams involved. If no one had bothered to think about the possibility of a draw the RLIF would have looked pretty stupid again.

deluded pom?

Coach
That has to be the dumbest way ever of deciding a sporting event. Skill or, worst case scenario, luck on the field has to come into breaking the deadlock somewhere.

crimpo

Juniors
Yes - a tie officially meant the toss of a coin. However, the 2 sides suggested they would prefer a golden point and the RLIF accepted that. So RL dodged a potential public disaster there!