What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Prince: Being shopped Around?

TYGA

Juniors
Today's telegraph had an article stating that Scott Prince was not wanted and being shopped around. Apparently being denied by the Titans. Would we have any interest or the cash?

I can't see Prince leaving Queensland again, he was so desperate to get back there last time. I guess that'd mean he'd be going to the Broncos if he's on the way out, unless the Cowboys want JT in the 6.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys are keen to get Thurston at 6.

Prince will likely head their way if they can fit him in their cap.

I'm not entirely convinced how well he'd go if he came back here, he seems slower than ever and I'm not sure he'd like playing, well essentially 4th fiddle behind Farah, Marshall and Lawrence, or the fact that he would be captain.

Eelectrica

Referee
Word on the Titans forum is that he's signed with you guys in a deal that will see him finish his career with the Tigers.
I don't have an official link though. Sorry.
I guess we'll all know soon enough if true.

Edit: Still can't find any confirmation. Nothing on Scott Princes twitter. Looks like a joke.
Gotta love the NRL rumour mill.

Last edited:

TYGA

Juniors
Its a pretty big call by the tele to state the players don't like him they must know something.
The titans forum is saying because he signed for the Tigers the players are dirty.

Makes no sense he may as well pick up the $500k p.a. and play there. Clubs are tricky they can engineer 3rd party deals either to attract a player and or remove a player that is overvalued. It is simple tell the sponsor you don't want the player and they pull the deal. These deals are very vague and are not guaranteed.

This may have happened or it is completely false.

Eelectrica

Referee
Its a pretty big call by the tele to state the players don't like him they must know something.
The titans forum is saying because he signed for the Tigers the players are dirty.

Makes no sense he may as well pick up the $500k p.a. and play there. Clubs are tricky they can engineer 3rd party deals either to attract a player and or remove a player that is overvalued. It is simple tell the sponsor you don't want the player and they pull the deal. These deals are very vague and are not guaranteed.

This may have happened or it is completely false.
Starting to think false. But wouldn't be overly surprised either.

The whole attitude at the Titans has been wrong from game 1 this season. Even with the injuries, they shouldn't be as bad as they are.

Scott Prince has had his worst season since I don't know when, which is why I could see the story being true. Prince linking up with Benji for one more chance at a Grand final is plausible.

mems77

Juniors
Bring that shet on please.

1. Brown
2. Ryan
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuquiri
6. Marshall
7. Prince

That holds a fair amount of merit right there.

I think anyhoo.

westie

Bench
Prince wasn't exactly Mr Popularity amongst the old, premiership winning players. He'd probably fit right in at the club now though. Unless there was another vote for captain.

N.C.

Juniors
Where are we getting this mail? Which articles should I be looking at? Links?

TiggaPlease

Scott Prince has been absolutely woeful this year. He should retire. DO NOT want him playing for the Tigers again. He can come back to help Miller and Lui in a coaching capacity, nothing else.

super_coach

First Grade
It would be interesting if Prince's defensive deficiencies would come under the same criticism on these boards as Lui is subjected to ????I would be suprised if even Sheens would give Scotty a run but their was that story of Lui going to the Gold Coast a few weeks ago so may be it has legs. I for one say he is well and truly over the hill

haynenation

Juniors
tigers would take him in a heartbeat even if for two years. The guy has struggled playing with a pretty average team this year. But he has to do it all up there. With a good 6, 9 and 4 at the Tigers hed still be very handy.

But i couldnt see him coming back. He loves QLD for whatever reason and if a premiership wasnt enough to keep him there in 05 then he wont come back.

It would make sense for him to go to the cowboys with JT or brisbane to replace lockyer however. Although I couldnt see GC just letting him go without a replacement, and there is no way carney would sign with the Titans. If you have alcohol problems you wouldnt go to the gold coast.

Eddie.

Bench
He has had a poor year in a horrible side. Nothing more in my eyes. He can still play the game, I don't think your game falls apart in the space of 6 months.

Most Tigers fans wouldn't have him back more on being bitter rather than Prince being past it in my opinion. Some fans have been claiming he has done nothing since leaving the Tigers, where as I would argue the 3 years previous he has been in excellent form for the most part.

I very much doubt it would happen. By the slim chance it did I think you would see Prince have a great year or two with him and Benji up to their old tricks.

Latest posts