What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Prince

Minh

First Grade
With all the turmoil at the Titans would anyone like to see us make a big play for Scott Prince. He is rumoured to be considering a move to Hull in 2014 and that the Titan's are looking to off load him and not renew his contract after 2014, we may be able to get him early on the right deal. He could be just the player we need a genuine star number 7. Any thoughts.

Mr Red

First Grade
no thanks... replacing one aging halfback whose skills deserted him with another is not my idea of a strategic recruit.

RedVDave

First Grade
Mr. Red summed it up perfectly and honestly I'd take Hornby over Prince if we had a choice between the two.

Minh

First Grade
Has Scott Prince really declined that much, he was always such a classy player in my mind.

Elias1983

Coach
Has Scott Prince really declined that much, he was always such a classy player in my mind.

He is about to turn 33 and has had a lot of injuries over the past couple of years.

Not what we are looking for IMO, need someone young who we can keep there for a long time..i.e drinkwater/stanley.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Can't defend, is injured a lot, and is the biggest diver in the game as well as a grubby merkin.

Pass.

Como Connection

First Grade
When Ronnie Palmer was the lead trainer at the Titans, (moved to Penrith last year), we discussed Prince, Ron told me Carty wanted him to run the ball, take it to the line, didn't happen, no surprise to me the Titans wanted him out, NO, NO and NO for the Dragons. We already have one of those players in the side. Ask most Titan supporters about Prince and they will agree!

jenninga

First Grade
no thanks... replacing one aging halfback whose skills deserted him with another is not my idea of a strategic recruit.
I agree with you ,but off field problems may have hampered his game in the past 2 seasons.An experienced half like Prince would be a good pickup while Drinkwater gains experience with the Cutters.
The Titans as a team has struggled for the past 2 seasons also,the Gold Coast is a funny place as we all know.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Scott Prince is a quality halfback. He would be perfect for the Dragons but apparently he won't sign up for any Sydney club unless it is the Wests Tigers.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I think it would be a shame to buy Prince, because I would like to see Stanley and Drinkwater given a go. As others have stated, he will be 33 next season and his form has tapered off badly in the last two years.

stg666

Juniors
as dawn frazer said many tears ago while prince was at the tigers, along the line of......a labourer dressed in a dinner suit. not tough enough.

Latest posts