What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Prince

Suzie

Juniors
:lol: :lol: I can't wait to see the Scotty Prince of next season too, especially after the finals ;-) :D

nqboy

First Grade
Always knew he had it in him, was terribly disappointed to lose our best local product all those years ago.

Great to see him going so well. We'd love to have him back.

Palms

Juniors
Pigskin said:
Eddie. said:
I reckon the broncos would die to have him back instead of having to recall the likes of Green and Ikin!

Imagine him in the Broncos side with their big forward pack, scary

We have 2 halfbacks, both much younger than Prince that we believed at the time were a better option for the future of the Broncos /quote]

Prince isnt that old himself - hed only be 24 or so..

Booyah

Bench
I think Prince has had his best year of footy since he left the Cowboys.

I had doubts over whether or not he'd last down here before breaking down with injury of some sort, but he hasn't, and he's gone on to bigger and better things so congratulations to him.

mullup

Juniors
Prince is highly rated by those in the know... and rightly so. State of Origin was his personal watershed, and now there'll be no stopping him.

He's a top bloke to boot...

Raider Ultra

Bench
I think he's very impressive when he's running the ball. As mentioned earlier, he does have a pretty weak long kicking game...

Anonymous

Juniors
Not as classy as other HB's out there but Prince is pretty good. Had a blinder during SoO Game 1. Probraly one of the main reasons why I've been a follower of the Tigers.

He could improve his kicking game just a tad but oh well.

TigerMo

Juniors
It's only Prince's long kicking game which is a slight problem, but has turned it around over the past few weeks and looks like he will keep on improving on it to make it better.

His short kicking game (bombs, grubbers, chips) are one of the best going around in the league.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Tiger Mo said:
It's only Prince's long kicking game which is a slight problem, but has turned it around over the past few weeks and looks like he will keep on improving on it to make it better.

His short kicking game (bombs, grubbers, chips) are one of the best going around in the league.

can i ask what you base his short kicknig game is one of the best in the league on?

I love Scott Prince but I think his all round kicking is pretty average. He can come up with a couple of good kicks in a game but other than that is pretty poor. Im nto saying hes bad, but hes definetly not in the top breed of kickers in the game, his consistancy with the boot short of the line is terrible. We never get repeat sets, and even when we were doing very good earlier in the season. . . a good stat would be to see how many tries weve scored off kicks compared to other sides.. I think wed rate poorly

TigerMo

Juniors
_A_J_Gray_ said:
Tiger Mo said:

can i ask what you base his short kicknig game is one of the best in the league on?

I love Scott Prince but I think his all round kicking is pretty average. He can come up with a couple of good kicks in a game but other than that is pretty poor. Im nto saying hes bad, but hes definetly not in the top breed of kickers in the game, his consistancy with the boot short of the line is terrible. We never get repeat sets, and even when we were doing very good earlier in the season. . . a good stat would be to see how many tries weve scored off kicks compared to other sides.. I think wed rate poorly

Well mate, His kicking game early in the season was poor, but looks to have turned it around. In the last 2 games, he has set up 5 try assists, and 4 of them have come through kicks. I think that speaks for itself. ;-)

kickback

Juniors
Its great that he is up there as one of the best half-backs in the comp. He has always had it in him, but his injury plaged career over the last 5 years has been shocking.

Keep up the good work Princey, maybe you will be back in the QLD jumper next year.

thickos

First Grade
He's been excellent and far more significant than the role Benji has been playing in their current winning run. Excellent running game. I think it shows how long it takes to really recover from serious injuries, his career has been put back a few years and he's only blossoming fully now.

Bernster

Juniors
Bomber said:
Could it possibly be also the fact that he is reunited with the coach that originally blooded him in first grade at the Cowboys?

The only reasons Scotty left the Cowboys is because

A - He hated Krayhem (Cows CEO at the time)

B - He wanted to be a Bronco

There you have it...If Scotty wants to be perfect...he should go crying back to Bennett...

He will be winning the Dally M Player of the year in a few weeks time.
I was interested to hear Phil Gould on Friday say that he thought the half back was an extension of the coach. Looking at the Tigers this year and the way Canberra played under Sheens he may very well be right. On the other hand at Bondi there coach has often been confused this year as to who is to play 5/8 and what structure to play and as such there number 7 has been running around just as confused. Scott Prince has been the best 7 in the game this year.