What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Prince

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Just wanted to get some opposition views on him.

Alot of Tigers fans were highly critical of his game at times this season, especially his kicking.

But over the last few weeks he has really stood up and is looking like a quality halfback that adds a touch of class our club has never before had.

His running game is brilliant, his kicking has improved out of sight over the past month or two and his 5th tackle options are really becoming dangerous.

There were alot of doubts over his fitness when we signed him and I know alot of people were expecting him to be injured yet again this season.

But although it has taken him a while to get back into the swing of things, he is really coming good and should be even better next year. I shudder when I begin to think of where we would be running without him.

Thoughts?

Eddie.

Bench
I reckon the broncos would die to have him back instead of having to recall the likes of Green and Ikin!

Imagine him in the Broncos side with their big forward pack, scary

HappyTiger

Juniors
Agreed Hybrid.He's given us a whole other dimension that weve always struggled to find,A proper #7.They say it take about 18 months to fully recover from a leg injury like Scott suffered.If thats true then he still has some improving to do yet.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Eddie. said:
I reckon the broncos would die to have him back instead of having to recall the likes of Green and Ikin!

Werd.

I reckon they'd be spewing they let him go.

Still, he needed the change and I guess you couldnt blame them. They had Seymour waiting, even though I don't rate him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I reckon they'd be spewing they let him go.

They may be now, but at the end of lasy year after paying 3 years of medical bills I bet tehy were not!

This season Brett Seymour would have been the Origin halfback anyway if he did not get injured! Furthermore it is not as if Prince is a great defender!

RenoufPhan

Juniors
It would have been great to still have Scotty at the Broncos but there's no way we could have afforded to keep him, McGuire and Seymour all under the salary cap. Seymour was looking fantastic before he got injured, and Casey has looked great since stepping in for him, so I'm not complaining.

I'm happy for Scotty. The move to the Tigers has done him the world of good. He was always going to be a good player if he could avoid injury, and this year he has done exactly that.

The one criticism I have always had of his game is his lack of an effective long kicking game. And that still appears to be something he struggles with at times, but every other facet of his game has improved since moving to the Tigers.

Bomber

Bench
Could it possibly be also the fact that he is reunited with the coach that originally blooded him in first grade at the Cowboys?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Furthermore it is not as if Prince is a great defender!

No, he isnt great, but his one on one defence this year has improved heaps.

He is targetted alot by the opposition and he has been tackling very well.

And his long kicking game has been a bit of a weak point, but as I said, in the past month or two he has really found some form with the boot.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Could it possibly be also the fact that he is reunited with the coach that originally blooded him in first grade at the Cowboys?
Yes it could. And not only because Sheens has a good record of developing halfbacks but also the fact that he has given Prince more responsibility at the Tigers.

That's the sign of a good player. He raises his level of performance when given added responsibility.

Pigskin

Juniors
Eddie. said:

The Tigers took a risk in signing him given his injury record and paid overs for him at the same time

We wouldn't die to have him back at that price by any means

We have 2 halfbacks, both much younger than Prince that we believed at the time were a better option for the future of the Broncos

One unfortunately seems injury prone and is out for the season - Seymour

And the other is learning his trade in the QCup and is very young and raw - Barnes

Finally, if Seymour didn't cop a season ending injury, he would have been Queenslands halfback this year - that shouldn't be overlooked ..... and at a third of the price of Prince

Oink !

Eddie.

Bench
Pigskin said:
Eddie. said:

The Tigers took a risk in signing him given his injury record and paid overs for him at the same time

We wouldn't die to have him back at that price by any means

We have 2 halfbacks, both much younger than Prince that we believed at the time were a better option for the future of the Broncos

One unfortunately seems injury prone and is out for the season - Seymour

And the other is learning his trade in the QCup and is very young and raw - Barnes

Finally, if Seymour didn't cop a season ending injury, he would have been Queenslands halfback this year - that shouldn't be overlooked ..... and at a third of the price of Prince

Oink !
Few good points, paying 3 years for him to sit on the sidelines and change was good for him.

Pig whilst Seymore may have been chosen im not sure he would of done a good a job as Scott who was one of Quennsland young shining lights along with Tonga and Slater.

And Pig whatever we payed for him - he was worth every cent - we wouldnt be anywhere near where we are now without him

Well done Scotty and Sheens for having faith in him :clap:

Pigskin

Juniors
100% agree Eddie

I don't think Tigers fans can say nah nah nah nah - we got Prince

And I don't think Broncos fans can say suck in .... you got Prince

He's been very good for the Tigers - at the asking price - we couldn't keep him

Its probly a win for the salary cap .... which is quite rare

Oink !

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tidus_Raider said:
I dont think the Tigers would be challenging for the top 8 without him in the side.

Definately not.

He has set up about 15 tries in the last couple of weeks. :shock:

super_coach

First Grade
been great for the tigers--been the man-just like a few years ago at the cowboys--but at the bronks--their were better players to be the man--he needed to be at club where he drove the bus--and thats what he is doing now--as for the bronks-well their no 7 position just has a curse--they all get injured--if seymour had an injury free season--iam sure he would have been killing em--but although the tigers got off to a shocker with injuries--we have been pretty lucky-when you consider hogo and prince had a reputation,for having an xray every second week

PINGU

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:

Alot of Tigers fans were highly critical of his game at times this season, especially his kicking.

But over the last few weeks he has really stood up and is looking like a quality halfback that adds a touch of class our club has never before had.

His running game is brilliant, his kicking has improved out of sight over the past month or two and his 5th tackle options are really becoming dangerous.

There were alot of doubts over his fitness when we signed him and I know alot of people were expecting him to be injured yet again this season.

But although it has taken him a while to get back into the swing of things, he is really coming good and should be even better next year. I shudder when I begin to think of where we would be running without him.

Thoughts?
Where are those rose coloured glasses? :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PINGU said:

Maybe you should read the post again and then post your view on Prince since that was the purpose of the thread to gain other peoples view on how he has gone this year apart from Wests Tigers fans - but hey that would require thought something you lack :roll:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
PINGU said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Thoughts?

Funny how you are the only one who has said something that has not contributed to this thread, Balmain hater.

You're posts = :-({|=

StGeorge

Juniors
im a dragons supporter, and i personally think prince has been great, imagine after a good off season after a full season, hell b awesome next year to. by the way shut up pingu, not our fault your gay