What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Sorensen

Girds89

Bench
Think this bloke deserves a special mention.

Hes honestly been brilliant since coming into the team.

Runs 110% full tilt. Hits like a train and is ultra reliable.

Considering hed barely be on anything hes been a real find.

Right now hes definitley our 3rd best prop behind jfh and leota and i think at full strength including tpj, sorensen has to be in the 17.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Think this bloke deserves a special mention.

Hes honestly been brilliant since coming into the team.

Runs 110% full tilt. Hits like a train and is ultra reliable.

Considering hed barely be on anything hes been a real find.

Right now hes definitley our 3rd best prop behind jfh and leota and i think at full strength including tpj, sorensen has to be in the 17.

I totally agree. I think he came from the bargain bin outside the NRL player store. In a good team he is holding his place real well. Smart move by the club to re-sign him too. He's not on big money, but is the type or player every team needs.

Original Name

Juniors
Can't remember where I read it (here somewhere) but by all accounts he's a stand-out bloke too. Great value on all fronts.
Might have been me and the source would be. Nath and May were asked in informal interview out of the playing group is the type of guy you'd let date your sister. Nath immediately said not May and after some time they eventually said Sorenson, Eisunhuth or Edwards. Yeo might have mentioned too. Think that part's near the end and it was Nath that brings up what a great bloke he Sorenson is.

There's also some NFL talk in there and they talk about the claim that the team is arrogant and about their chirping on field they find it weird because to them the players go much harder in sledging each other during opposed session compared games and game day talk is pretty chilled in comparison to how brutal the sledging in their opposed sessions can get.

Also Eisunuth is described as an extremely loyal guy who will have your back to hilt.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Cleary can get the most out of these types of players. Happy to see him get ahead.

At full strength you'd think he is ahead of Leinu and Eisenhuth for the last bench spot. He has a bit of finals experience as well which is always handy.

14. May/Tago
15. Martin
16. TPJ
17. Sorensen

murraymob

Coach
Given May is out for a while.if Tago has a few more good games he has to take the utility spot as he can genuinely be a impact not just a fill in cover

martielang

Bench
I can't see Tago in front of Kenny or May as the utility purely because if Api goes down mid-game, we'd have no one on the bench to cover him.

murraymob

Coach
Gus Gould summed it up best to beat Melbourne you have to be different you can’t do the same things you did in the regular season.Kenny and May will not win us games they are steady solid footballers.we need to take the chance on Tago he has that X factor you can’t train to defend

Girds89

Bench
Gus Gould summed it up best to beat Melbourne you have to be different you can’t do the same things you did in the regular season.Kenny and May will not win us games they are steady solid footballers.we need to take the chance on Tago he has that X factor you can’t train to defend
Whilst i 100% agree. We know ivan will play may or kenny.

Theres three way we could go at full strength imo of the bench. Ivans 1-13 at full strength will be.
Edwards
Staines
Critta
Burton
Too
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
Fish
Kiks
Capes
Yeo

Bench 1- safe option
14. May
15. Martin
16. Sorensen
17. Tpj

Bench 2- Backline cover x factor option
14. Tago
15. Martin
16. Sorensen
17. Tpj

Bench 3- forward smash them off the park option (tpj and spencer back to back hit ups does get me excited haha)
14. Martin
15. Spencer
16. Tpj
17. Sorensen

Part of me thinks that bench option 3 has way to much fire power for any other nrl team to stop.

You could give jfh leota kiks capes first 30mins. Then
8. Sorensen
9. Api
10. Spencer
11. Tpj
12. Martin
13. Yeo

Tell the reserves they have last 10 of first half and first 10-15mins of second half to absolutley rip in and leave nothing in the tank.

Than bring back on kiks capes jfh and leota fresh with 25mins to go.

I think thatd be really hard for teams to contain.

But i guess have to weigh up the risk of an injury to api, the halves of a back.

So option 1 and 2 definitley provide some cover and bit of security. Option 3 would be the hardest for teams to contain.

Weve seen over the last two years that when our team gets a roll on in terms of yardage nath and luai are able to tear teams apart. Once we get down to opposing teams end they can apply endless amounts of pressure with constant set restarts.

Those set restarts with blokes like tpj running at halfs out wide on the line is basically unstoppable.

If we can get into a prelim and gf again id be very tempted to go option 3 and go all or nothing. Not sure we beat melbs in a gf playing it safe.

franklin2323

Immortal

Tago works in the forward rotation you can't risk not having hooker covered

martielang

Bench

I get what you're saying but I can't see how picking Kenny / May over Tago will decide the GF. Tago looks quality but I can't see him being the reason you win a GF at this point of his career.

WestyLife

First Grade
Whilst i 100% agree. We know ivan will play may or kenny.

Theres three way we could go at full strength imo of the bench. Ivans 1-13 at full strength will be.
Edwards
Staines
Critta
Burton
Too
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
Fish
Kiks
Capes
Yeo

Bench 1- safe option
14. May
15. Martin
16. Sorensen
17. Tpj

Bench 2- Backline cover x factor option
14. Tago
15. Martin
16. Sorensen
17. Tpj

Bench 3- forward smash them off the park option (tpj and spencer back to back hit ups does get me excited haha)
14. Martin
15. Spencer
16. Tpj
17. Sorensen

Part of me thinks that bench option 3 has way to much fire power for any other nrl team to stop.

You could give jfh leota kiks capes first 30mins. Then
8. Sorensen
9. Api
10. Spencer
11. Tpj
12. Martin
13. Yeo

Tell the reserves they have last 10 of first half and first 10-15mins of second half to absolutley rip in and leave nothing in the tank.

Than bring back on kiks capes jfh and leota fresh with 25mins to go.

I think thatd be really hard for teams to contain.

But i guess have to weigh up the risk of an injury to api, the halves of a back.

So option 1 and 2 definitley provide some cover and bit of security. Option 3 would be the hardest for teams to contain.

Weve seen over the last two years that when our team gets a roll on in terms of yardage nath and luai are able to tear teams apart. Once we get down to opposing teams end they can apply endless amounts of pressure with constant set restarts.

Those set restarts with blokes like tpj running at halfs out wide on the line is basically unstoppable.

If we can get into a prelim and gf again id be very tempted to go option 3 and go all or nothing. Not sure we beat melbs in a gf playing it safe.

Option 3 looks the best but hooker cover is the big concern.