What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrums

EMO_24

Juniors
Sorry i meant this to be in faq thread but instead of posting a reply i posted a new topic. Sorry.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
It should be like Rugby 2001 where you can win against feed. Should be able to atleast contest in the scrums.. automatic like in the demo, wow.

Should be able to atleast contest in the scrums.. automatic like in the demo, wow.

Hey weren't u the one who was getting up people for bagging the game out????

I don't think automatic scrums are a problem, I mean just look at the scrums in league today?

Goleel

Juniors
Scrums being contested wouldn't be exactly fair, you see two or three scrums against the feed in a season, ARL had it good, it was almost entirely random, but occasionally you'd see a scrum against the head. Maybe one in a blue moon being against the feed, like, one in a hundred scrums, but I'd rather live without it, scrums aren't contested in league, so they shouldn't be in the game.

Erhan

Juniors
Initially I thought it was poor form to see that scrums were automatic, then I thought back to previous games and it was just a keyboard bash-a-thon which wasn't really exciting either so I guess it isn't all that bad really.

TripleM

Juniors
Having manual scrums would be useless really, it would mean that either its just luck at pushing the right buttons at the right time that would win you a scrum once every few hundred times, or it would mean that if you are good you could win a scrum far too often. Better to have it manual and concentrate on other stuff.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah there are a few things that are wrong with the game but it can't be perfect so i don't care about it now i just want the game to come out.

Kasper

Bench
pepstar87 said:
Yeah there are a few things that are wrong with the game but it can't be perfect so i don't care about it now i just want the game to come out.
I crown pepstar king of pointless posts.

Raider_69

Post Whore
KINGLING said:
pepstar87 said:

do you relise the irony in your post King?
and yes i know, im now and accomplese to pointless posts

TripleM

Juniors
Pepstar, if scrums were not automatic I would think it would be a problem with the game, not this way around. You really want to have a system where you would probably win half the scrums against the feed, or no matter what you did you'd only win one in a million? nah.

Kasper

Bench
Raider_69 said:
KINGLING said:
pepstar87 said:

do you relise the irony in your post King?
and yes i know, im now and accomplese to pointless posts
I do realise it raider but I was letting Pepstar know that his posts are pointless with a pointless post. :? ;-)