What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrums

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can't help but wonder...

Seeing that Brian SMith has got the boys pushing cars in races for their training (which I think is a great idea; it develops lots of skills) ...

Do you guys think that it means we will start contesting scrums again?

First of all, is it legal to contest scrums in league any more?

Hmm...

But from those pics, I take my hat off to you Mr. SMith. You have the boys committed and training hard. Incidentally, my favourite shot is of Dykesy, Jamie and Cannings all having a good laugh.

Onya boys!

bartman

Immortal
Photos are second top item on the official Eels homepage, as of now.

I actually think the event had more to do with a VW cross-promotion, as Channel 9 cameras were there, and the final photo on the website is just of a flaming car!

Eelementary

Post Whore
SOrry Misty.

They were the photos at parraeels.com.au, from the boys' training.

And you're probably right - they were just inter-promoting the cars.

STill .. I remember in the golden point loss to MAnly that they contested a scrum 5 m out from our line. IS it still legal to do so?

This type of training would put us in good stead if so.

Pazza

First Grade
Pushing a car is too easy, if they wanna contest scrums they need one of those scrum things the union boys use.

PB

Bench
One rule they could take from rugby is that if you can turn the scrum through 90 degrees you get the feed. Although problem there is that halfbacks will still feed it behind the back rowers feet. at least it makes the props work.