What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scumbag Queensland Reds Union

Ritzley

Juniors
I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but surely there's some kind of complaint we can make - the Queensland Reds Union team recently signed up sponsors the St George Bank and are now marketing themselves as "The St George Reds"..... Personally I find this offensive!!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
it's probably naming rights in the same form as the vodafone warriors.

yeesh.

_Johnsy

Referee
If that's the case I would have thought "The St.George Bank Reds" would be used.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Imagine the outrage amongst the leather patch brigade up there. Selling out the name Queensland for St George. The toffs will be crying into their chardonnay as they sing click go the shears and the torn emotions they'll be feeling as a large corporation, which most of the toffs work for, has taken the soul of Queensland Rugby.

f**king brilliant idea if you ask me.

Imagine the outrage amongst the leather patch brigade up there. Selling out the name Queensland for St George. The toffs will be crying into their chardonnay as they sing click go the shears and the torn emotions they'll be feeling as a large corporation, which most of the toffs work for, has taken the soul of Queensland Rugby.

f**king brilliant idea if you ask me.
C'mon Ronnie, no-one in the upper echalons drinks Chardonnay any more. It's all about the premium NZ Marlborough Sauv Blanc and carrying on like a poonce about the great complex passionfruit and lychee charicteristics associated with the region.

Nugby

Juniors
All part of Qld Rugby's plan to have Wayne Bennett coach them in 2012 :D

Interesting enough, I seem to recall Bennett saying the two things he'll never do are coach NSW or Union teams. GWS theoretically have a better team than the Reds.

Saint Doc

Coach
Check out how sh*t the sponsor logo looks on their jerseys compared to ours!!

dragonsalt2011.jpg

REDS_HOME_JERSEY_FRONT.jpg

dragonshome2011.jpg

REDS_AWAY_JERSEY_FRONT.jpg

Last edited:
If that's the case I would have thought "The St.George Bank Reds" would be used.

They only use "St George Bank" for our sponsorship because of the clash with our club name. In pretty much every other context the bank is known simply as "St George". It's the same with their sponsorship of St Kilda.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I think Doust should be more active in protecting the St George Brand

As well as protecting the red v ( or white v or pink or whatever colour $200 buys)

And he has been slack in protecting the Dragons name in rugby league too ... catalan dragons anyone?

as CEO protecting the brand is ( or should be) one of his top priorities

saintzrule

Juniors
I think Doust should be more active in protecting the St George Brand

As well as protecting the red v ( or white v or pink or whatever colour $200 buys)

And he has been slack in protecting the Dragons name in rugby league too ... catalan dragons anyone?

as CEO protecting the brand is ( or should be) one of his top priorities
Well pointed out. Surely{ dont call me Shirley!} we have a legal team that should be proactive? St George and Collingwood are the 2 biggest sporting brands in Oz, if we dont protect our turf , name, colours and content, opportunistic spivs will try their luck:D