What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles star to face DUI charge

gong_eagle

First Grade
Sea Eagles star King to face DUI charge

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 -

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/6633/Default.aspx

Police expect to charge a top grade Sydney rugby league player with drink driving after receiving the results of a blood test on Wednesday.
Manly Sea Eagles prop Jason King, 26, had been drinking at a hotel at Mona Vale in Sydney's north on Thursday night and was stopped by police the following morning.
A police statement said officers stopped a BMW on Pittwater Road at about 2.45am (AEST) on Friday.
"The 26-year-old driver from Collaroy was breath tested and conveyed to Dee Why Police Station and subjected to a breath analysis allegedly returning a reading of 0.085," the statement reads.
It is believed King was on his way home in a taxi when he stopped to move his car around the corner to a safer place.
Police allegedly stopped King as he was moving his car.
King used his right to a blood test once at the Dee Why station and the results of that test were returned on Wednesday.
A Manly spokesman said the club was aware of the situation involving King but declined to comment further until police finalised any charges.
Source: AAP

Garts

Bench
And he is meant to be one of the brighter players running around. At least he can save some money and defend himself.

Garts

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Garts said:
And he is meant to be one of the brighter players running around. quote]

Can't be too bright..he plays for Manly!:lol:

I refer you to the front page of this site on the left hand side, now look at the NRL ladder.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The ladder is on the right hand side! LMAO! Jeez Manly fans are not too smart..right,left..

Garts

Bench
lockyno1 said:
The ladder is on the right hand side! LMAO! Jeez Manly fans are not too smart..right,left..

I suggest you read my post again and take extra notice of "front page".

Garts

Bench
If they didnt sack Matai so there is no chance they will sack King, nor should they considering it is his first offence that I am aware of.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So what? First, second offence. Fair dinkum. Players need to learn that they are not "regular" blokes when they play footy. They are role models!

Garts

Bench
I have not called for the sacking of SBW or other players that have done the same and I wont in this case, if he was a noted trouble maker I might have a different view. At the end of the day he stuffed up and hopefully he learns from it and is punished but I think sacking for a first offence is too strong, anyway it wont happen.

Im sure if Witt was caught doing the same you would not call for his sacking.

Latest posts