What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Vic Mackey

Referee
Some nice moments out of the game. Easts rested plenty so not getting ahead of myself but I liked a lot of it.

the attacking structure is vastly different, going to be a very intersting watch, I think we’ll play some exciting footy this year

Hastings is going to be a very good buy

Brooks 5th tackle options are the worst in the game

Peachey was ordinary after I thought he was great last week

Goal line defence still poor, Cayless has his work cut out for him

Vic Mackey

Referee
Who the f**k was that Cheese-like character who played dummy half? Never heard of him before but he was quality!
I have no idea but he probably has missed calls from 15 other NRL clubs after his 20 min cameo.

Edit: just dug a little deeper and apparently he was our player of the year in our undefeated Flegg team last year
Yep was the captain and player of the year of our Flegg side. My guess is the reason we’ve signed Api is the club are going to bypass Liddle and Simpkin and go straight to Rua with Api being the stop gap until he’s ready

macnaz

Staff member
Yep was the captain and player of the year of our Flegg side. My guess is the reason we’ve signed Api is the club are going to bypass Liddle and Simpkin and go straight to Rua with Api being the stop gap until he’s ready
Hope so.. id have him there now "with" or without Liddle.. Simpkin is to slow and isnt up to it apart from a back up.

WA Tiger

Bench
Ngaa-tee-koe(as in toe) ra … pref with a rolled r,as in mouldy cheese, but can’t be too picky. Funny listening to the panel trying to pronounce his name..I m pretty sure he’s been a stand out since he was about 12 yo

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
The boys were pretty good in the first half last week and good in shit conditions last night but………. the left hand side defence was atrocious on the line.

The two roosters tries saw Gildart in no man’s land because the inside defence was awful, the right hand side wasn’t threatened because the chooks didn’t go there.

I think there’s some things to be liked about our attack, but our attack on the roosters line was a rabble, we really threw nothing at them, 7-8 sets in a row there at one stage and didn’t look like crossing the line.

The Seyfarth try was nicely executed, but against 2nd stringers. Lot to like about Seyfarth, he was good last year, will kill them this year.

Jacob Liddle is really looking the goods, if he can get a kick into his game he will be in the top 4-5 hookers in the NRL.

Nofo will not make the top side this year. He had other players pointing which way to run at some stage.

Hastings was pretty good last night, looks slow but has some silky skills.

Ngati looks a good prospect but will need another year in lower grades.

If we can get our defence right and adopt a bit more resilience we’re a top 8 chance, unfortunately I think it’s gonna be another year of 600+ against us