What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Shredder

Juniors
"Sheens acknowledged that the result is “disappointing” but urged fans to “stay the course” because “we have to keep moving forward.”

How in f**ks name is this moving forward? We get pumped to a record level and we are moving forward?

"Sheens acknowledged that the result is “disappointing” but urged fans to “stay the course” because “we have to keep moving forward.”

How in f**ks name is this moving forward? We get pumped to a record level and we are moving forward?
Tim must be an old rower, faces backwards to go forward. Turn around Tim and look whats in front of you !!!

Tiger Ted

Bench

I’m sick of these merkins deflecting & waffling on about irrelevancies.Heard the useless prick Pascoe on sen1170 gloating about the high performance centre & the wests Harold Matt’s side & how this demonstrates that success is imminent through our junior pathways.Facts are that Harold Matt’s are only 17 yrs of age & ur lucky if u end up 3-5 yrs down the track with 1-2 of them transitioning to top line NRL players.

Tiger05

First Grade
Facts are that Harold Matt’s are only 17 yrs of age & ur lucky if u end up 3-5 yrs down the track with 1-2 of them transitioning to top line NRL players.

We've haven't produced many top players in a long time have we. The big 4 and Nofo were the last ones. Have there been any since then ?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Jun
We've haven't produced many top players in a long time have we. The big 4 and Nofo were the last ones. Have there been any since then ?
Papenhuyzen & Junior Tatola was captain of our 20’s team & glaringly a gun plus the young souths half Ilias was a Balmain junior.

Tiger05

First Grade
Jun

Papenhuyzen & Junior Tatola was captain of our 20’s team & glaringly a gun plus the young souths half Ilias was a Balmain junior.

We didn't keep any of those players. They went elsewhere.

Hopefully this starts to change. I think Pole is a going to be a good player. Hopefully we bring some more through as well.

Shredder

Juniors
This is the problem. If your going to have a youth policy, you need like five or seven coming through.

Not just one who leaves as soon as he can.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is the problem. If your going to have a youth policy, you need like five or seven coming through.

You need at least 2 every year but most importantly you need to develop and retain a top 5-10 player in the comp.

westerntiger

Juniors
I’m sick of these merkins deflecting & waffling on about irrelevancies.Heard the useless prick Pascoe on sen1170 gloating about the high performance centre & the wests Harold Matt’s side & how this demonstrates that success is imminent through our junior pathways.Facts are that Harold Matt’s are only 17 yrs of age & ur lucky if u end up 3-5 yrs down the track with 1-2 of them transitioning to top line NRL players.
I don’t know how Pascoe escapes accountability. He’s overseen five coaches in seven years as CEO. Stand down and go ruin another club.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don’t know how Pascoe escapes accountability. He’s overseen five coaches in seven years as CEO. Stand down and go ruin another club.
Don’t worry! Now that Sheens is back coaching we’ll go back to our pattern of sacking CEOs instead of coaches and the board will continue to avoid scrutiny.

Fordy20

Juniors

I don’t blame players for leaving if they aren’t offered an opportunity here. Illias going to Souths makes sense given the club preferred Doueihi and Madden to him, but looking at our pack over the last few years, I’m struggling to see who was keeping Tatola out of the side.

Papenhuyzen on the other hand was always going to be star and to let him leave when Tedesco was clearly out the door borders on the criminal. We’ve only just now got a serviceable fullback after blowing money on Mbye and Doueihi.

The worst thing that has happened over the past 2 years was that little thing called Covid. It certainly screwed the reserves, Ball and Matts competition but not just for the Tigers.

The merkins deflecting & waffling haven't helped because there can be no pathway when the path is blocked by someone in 1st grade that has blocked someone in reserves who blocks someone from the pathway competition. Plus the fact that the coach in reserves is not up to it, the 1st grade squad management do not take the bigger picture view and get to every reserve grade and SG Ball game (OK that can't happen when the 1st grade team is not playing in the same city). Again Covid hasn't helped.

A pretty handy junior pair were Ben Stevanovic & Adam Rizk - now if the Sea Eagles reserves train regularly with the Manly 1st grade team - Ben & Adam will have learnt so much more from Foran & DCE than they would have from the duds at the Tigers.

westerntiger

Juniors
Well, every player at the club should be on notice, it’s not as if anyone achieved anything this season?
Punt Noffa to Storm, get rid of Brooks, fix up the admin of the club, use the cap space to buy better players and we'll be right in a few years I reckon.

Doueihi needs to stop running his mouth about going on loan to storm or he should go as well.

Shredder

Juniors
westerntiger I completely agree.

Obviously the players we have here are not getting the job done -

I would look to punt pretty much all of them other than Hastings, Joey O and the two new guys.

We should only be resigning the shite that we have on year to year contracts and replace them when better players come through or come up.

Im also happy paying overs for a strike center or fullback.

Tigerm

First Grade
Telecrap reporting the dogs have dropped TPJ ($925k p/y) to reserve grade?
Hahaha, he would have fitted right in here😂

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
With some of the results over the last few weeks frustrating many team supporters who now realise there hopes and dreams for this season is over, it was good that we found out 6 months ago that we weren’t in the race for top 8 positions.😂😂😂

gordsy

Juniors
I don’t blame players for leaving if they aren’t offered an opportunity here. Illias going to Souths makes sense given the club preferred Doueihi and Madden to him, but looking at our pack over the last few years, I’m struggling to see who was keeping Tatola out of the side.

Papenhuyzen on the other hand was always going to be star and to let him leave when Tedesco was clearly out the door borders on the criminal. We’ve only just now got a serviceable fullback after blowing money on Mbye and Doueihi.
From memory Paps was not going to be a star, he was nothing special in juniors and we let him go because we had Teddy. I remember reading that even Melbourne weren't keen on him but they had no else to play at fullback due to Injuries and that's when he showed his skill level. As for good fullbacks when had Thommo as well, he was just a bit too small to be a really good. I wish we could have turned him into a centre.

Latest posts