What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Tigerm

First Grade

NRL clubs can now select players outside of the Top 30. Here’s who is on your team’s radar​

TIGERS

No surprises to see Nu Brown named on the bench for the Tigers this week. The 27-year-old utility made a mid-season switch from the Bears in search of more game time. He played 80 minutes in his first game for the Tigers’ feeder side, Western Suburb Magpies and two weeks later has forced his way into Michael Maguire’s 17.
Fonua Pole could get somegame time later on this season with Magpies coach telling Fox Sports the 19-year-old is a first-grader in the making. Pole won the Tigers’ SG Ball Best and Fairest award last season and joined the NRL squad on a train-and-trial over the Summer. He impressed so much that the club locked him in on a two-year Top 30 deal which begins next season. Despite still being eligible for Jersey Flegg he’s handled the physicality of Cup well.
Austin Dias is a no-nonsens prop that Maguire will likely turn to if injuries hit the forward pack. The 23-year-old, who has played over 30 NSW Cup games, is on a train-and-trial deal and is held in high regard by Magpies coach, Wayne Lambkin.

For what it’s worth:
Asu Kepaoa (COVID)
Thomas Mikaele head knock,
David Nofoaluma concussion all back next week v South’s

Dane Laurie back for following game v Manly
Adam Doueihi & James Robert the next week v Dogs.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looks like the Cows are the real deal this year?
At the beginning of the year, they were one of the teams I thought that we were specials to beat? 😂

Tigerm

First Grade

TIGERS

James Tamou (thumb) - TBC

Jackson Hastings (foot) - TBC

Jacob Liddle (head knock) - TBC

David Nofoaluma (concussion) - Round 12

Daine Laurie (knee) - Round 12-14

Luke Brooks (hamstring) - Round 13-15

Adam Doueihi (knee) - Round 14

James Roberts (back) - Round 15

Tommy Talau (knee) - Round 21

Get a few back (hopefully) for the Manly game?

Tigerm

First Grade

Looking at the rest of the games to come, I can't see a lot of wins unless Doueihi 's input is amazing and we can keep the same team on the field?

Vic Mackey

Referee

TIGERS

James Tamou (thumb) - TBC

Jackson Hastings (foot) - TBC

Jacob Liddle (head knock) - TBC

David Nofoaluma (concussion) - Round 12

Daine Laurie (knee) - Round 12-14

Luke Brooks (hamstring) - Round 13-15

Adam Doueihi (knee) - Round 14

James Roberts (back) - Round 15

Tommy Talau (knee) - Round 21

Get a few back (hopefully) for the Manly game?

we should have everyone to pick from bar Brooks, Blore and Talau for the souths game (not counting Robert’s as he wouldn’t make our strongest side)

will have the strongest 1-5 we’ve had in a VERY long time, probably since We made the finals

Tigerm

First Grade
we should have everyone to pick from bar Brooks, Blore and Talau for the souths game (not counting Robert’s as he wouldn’t make our strongest side)

will have the strongest 1-5 we’ve had in a VERY long time, probably since We made the finals
Who is your 1-5 Vic?

Tiger Ted

Bench

AD won’t return until after the bye plus I will b surprised if DL is back next wk.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Daine did a video during the week with Jet about the Indigenous jersey and said he’s back next week, so fingers crossed. Apologies got AD mixed up and yep you’re right he’s back after the bye

1. Laurie
2. Maumalo
3. Naden
4. Toa
5. Nofoaluma

is what I would expect. Only change we might see would be due to both Naden and Toa being left players. Kepeoa was going to be right centre before he did his pec but with Toas impressive form I’d think Madge would find a place for him at right centre

Tigerm

First Grade
If AD is available for the Manly game, does he go straight in to replace Madden or one the other back positions?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Daine did a video during the week with Jet about the Indigenous jersey and said he’s back next week, so fingers crossed. Apologies got AD mixed up and yep you’re right he’s back after the bye

1. Laurie
2. Maumalo
3. Naden
4. Toa
5. Nofoaluma

is what I would expect. Only change we might see would be due to both Naden and Toa being left players. Kepeoa was going to be right centre before he did his pec but with Toas impressive form I’d think Madge would find a place for him at right centre
Very much looking forward to AD’s return.He will b 1st one picked in 3/4’s obviously at centre assuming Brooks is 5/8.Suddenly we should have strong competition for spots in our backline which augurs well for our top 8 aspirations in back half of comp.If we beat souths & manly & receive much deserved luck with injuries for rest of ‘22 we will make the 8.

Tigerm

First Grade
If brooks is out then AD should b 5/8
Understand your reasoning, but is he going to be the 5/8 when Brooks is back? If not, then maybe go to the position (hopefully centre) that he plays for the rest of the year?

Finally we have some strong options coming🙌

Tiger Ted

Bench
Understand your reasoning, but is he going to be the 5/8 when Brooks is back? If not, then maybe go to the position (hopefully centre) that he plays for the rest of the year?

Finally we have some strong options coming🙌
Everyone available I have no doubt brooks will b 5/8 & AD centre.However imo I’d have AD at 5/8 Toa & Naden as centres & Brooks at 14 as he would b a strong utility who can cover 3 spine positions if we have injuries during game.

Tigerm

First Grade

As for the Tigers welcoming back their No. 1 - there were also suggestions Luke Brooks could be named to return from a hamstring injury - Laurie said: "I will be named, but I have to get through a wrestling session to see how the knee holds up.

"I did a contact session yesterday, it was my first one, just to see how the knee went, but I'm feeling confident.

"It's been tough watching the boys. I did my knee the last time we played the Rabbitohs [in round seven], but I'd love to play against them and my uncle [Walker].

"I was told it would be a six to seven-week recovery, and this weekend will be five weeks. Fingers crossed, but I'm confident.

"This is always a special round, and to play against my uncle and represent our mob ... if I do play, there will be plenty of our mob come down to watch us."

Laurie is a livewire in attack and been linked to a potential move to join The Dolphins in Redcliffe, but he made it clear he did not want to leave the Tigers.

"I see stuff on Instagram about me that isn't even true, I've had to ring my manager to see what's going on, but he tells me to keep playing footy. I want to stay at the Tigers," Laurie said.

Latest posts